Decapitating City's

Started by mice of might, November 30, 2003, 12:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mice of might

City's are Great.... We they're... they're Ok I guess. Actually they don't really do any good at all. I mean, i had 13 of them for a good part of last season and they didn't seem to do my any good AT ALL. In fact all they did was lower my leader ratio and allow people to take my with leaders, and disallow me to take others with leaders. The only advantage i had, was that mercinaries were significantly cheaper for me, but even still, i could only buy SO many mercinaries and i had more then enough money.

Do you think there is any way to make them less annoying for my leader ratio, and do you think there is any way to make them MORE of an advantage?
user posted image
Love the (forum) skin your in!

Wolf Snare

Ummmmm....... I really don't see how you think they are effecting your leader ratio...... explain?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

calria

Just don't have so many of them!

I find that everyone else in the game plays with WAY too many tents and camps (which is what cities are). I spent most of the last Turbo round with around 60k acres, and only had 3 cities... and they really worked well for me.

If you're depending on them to be a huge % of our acrage, though, forget it.

Juska

Wolf Snare: Say you had 50k land and 13k of that was cities even with the rest of it huts, 37K, you can only  have 3,700,000 leaders in total which means another warlord with 50K land all of it huts would have 5,000,000 leaders and would be able to break through mice of might on offensive missions.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

mice of might

Calria, I just think it would be better to make City's worth something. Like now I don't even use them and i'm not building camps or tents either because they aren't usefull enough. Were those 3 city's on 60K really making THAT big of a difference? Wouldn't it be cooler if they DID make a difference? Make it so owning a city, means that you are a very powerfull warlord, make it so they are a BIG help, wouldn't that be cooler?
user posted image
Love the (forum) skin your in!

Wolf Snare

Juska: as long as he has full huts, he can do no more. If he chooses to build cities on his land, it does not change his leader ratio any, compared to him building any other type of building (excluding huts).
Mouse made it sound like there was a specific downside to building cities, such as it lowering his ratio. But if he even chooses to build cities at all, it is in a way (as you said) afecting his ratio.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

calria

Cities ARE useful... you do need SOME camps and tents, just to keep your taxes up for when you need to raise them after you've been hit, and things of that nature... and so it's like getting 500 acres free.

AND, cities aren't taken as easily as the 1-acre structures.

Juska

Wolf Snare: It changes his attacking ratio!!!!!!!!!! utility missions won't be hurt becuase that works on leaders/huts and my last post gives an example of what happens.
Current Empires:

Nohcnonk

That's what he was saying... you could break people with leaders better, but your ratio would be the same.

Orcrist

Umm, I believe in some leader missions, the ratio is leaders/land, not leaders/huts, therefore the extra 13k land would indeed hurt the leader ratio.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Juska

Ok here is what I have to say. All, all gerneral hut missions are leaders/huts all offensive missions are yor leaders/ you and the enemies land/ his leaders or something, look in the game guide, but basically it leaders/ land. Say you have 50k land and 10k is cities and the other 40k is huts = 4,000,000 leaders/ 50,000 land= leaders ratio 80 on offensive missions(that was full huts) the other guy with 50k land all of it in huts has 5,000,000 leaders/50,000= 100 leaders ratio thats a 20 difference the guy with all huts should be able to break through the 1st 1/2 of the offensive missions espy- sabatage around that. If that doesn't answer your questions please tell me waht you are asking.
Current Empires:

Wolf Snare

ummmm, no matter how much time and detail you put into what you are trying to explain, we all know what you are talking about, and I'm sure we would all rather you not waste your time explaining it.

QuoteSun, 30 Nov 2003 16:33:13 -0800From ---------------(#?)
I would like to become one of your protectorates.

~Juska~

I am almost positive I know who you are in turbo..... ;)  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

Ok, ya well don't pay any attention to that message I got a better offer than you. Oh and I am We Shall See #47  
Current Empires:

Ashyra Nightwing

Yee.. cities are a status symbol. If you have many, it appears you have many troops and leaders, so less people attack you..

*polishes her seven cities from last round*

Wolf Snare

QuoteOk, ya well don't pay any attention to that message I got a better offer than you. Oh and I am We Shall See #47

hmmmm...... A better deal? ........sometimes ya gotta wonder..........
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)