SAT scores poll

Started by calria, November 29, 2003, 11:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogun

My siggy died :(

Burninate

Yes, I've been there, but I thought they come out with a new set of courses each year, and that that is published in December.
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Scarwake

I've not taken the SAT's yet, but I have taken the PSAT's but we've not got our scores back for that yet, soooo......

I voted "I've not taken it yet"
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Riverpaw

Not there yet, but in 7th grade, I got mid-90s percentiles on the ACT. *beams* Of course, I'm assuming that would be of everyone who took the test, but there is always the possibility that it was only mid 90s of those who took the test and were 7th and 8th grade. Either way, I got invited to a special awards ceremony. *beams more* I'm becoming annoying, aren't I?  :lol:  
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Aminrael

I've taken the PSATs, not the SATs. I took them in the beginning of the year, but we haven't gotten the results back yet. My best friend/sister's brother got a perfect score on the SATs. Impressive...
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

Riverpaw

Quote from: AminraelMy best friend/sister's brother got a perfect score on the SATs. Impressive...
True, but then there was the person who answered only one question... 100% but 1/1 doesn't do much for your academic record.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Aden

Quote from: RiverpawTrue, but then there was the person who answered only one question... 100% but 1/1 doesn't do much for your academic record.
They're not THAT stupid :P... the score is first out of 400/800 if you don't do anything. Each answer right is 1 point, each wrong is either 1/4 or 1/3 a point off. Any omitted answer gives no points. If you don't answer any, you get 400/800 on that section. If you answer one right and leave the rest blank, you will have 410/800 or something like that.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

windhound

QuoteGifted programs are dumb, I am smater than 2/3's if not more of the gifted kids in my school, but I am not in gifted, they all took the test when they were in kindergarten, if the took the test now when I took it there would 3 people in gifted.

*nods*  windy wasnt in the gifted program either, though, several of my friends suggusted that I go ask to be in it.. methinks that I coulda been it..  it was fun though, 'cause about 4/5 of my class was in the program and I wasnt, so I got to sit back and sleep/relax/do misc. work/make stuff/etc. while the rest of the class went off to do hardish problems..

Anyways, I got about a 1240 on my SAT..  not too baddish methinks...
There was somthing on the news lately about a kid who got a 1600 on the SAT, got accepted to one of the good local collages, UNC, got lazy, got a D, a F, and the rest C's in his senior year, and he got kicked out of college..  he tried to sue, and failed.  Kind funny really...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

Heh, lazy people.

Last year, two kids at my school got 1600s...one went to Harvard. Dunno where the other one went...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

Never taken it.

*wants to go to U of I*
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Kilkenne

770 verbal. 750 math.

Woohoo...

calria

Quote from: Kilkenne770 verbal. 750 math.

Woohoo...
*glares*

We can, however, ignore the fact that he scored higher than me because... well... he's Kilk.
:D

Ashyra Nightwing

I haven't taken my SAT's yet... though I will be taking them later this year..

Aden

Boohoo I want over 1500. :( My verbal is pretty bad. I did satisfactory on my math though, 730. I just got a Kaplan SAT Verbal book to study and learn from. I'm aiming for at least a 1400-1450 before I'll be satisfied with my result and give it to colleges.

FYI: I got 3 wrong on the math section, out of around 60 questions I think. That's a 730! It's so hard to get higher, but knowing how to do just one more problem can raise your score so much.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Mark

Meh, menot haven't tooken me SAT's yet but I reckon me do good on the verbal. *laughs*  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?