SAT scores poll

Started by calria, November 29, 2003, 11:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

I got a 1490- 780 verbal, 710 math.
Somehow, though, I still can't get any scholarships. *sob*

How about the rest of you? (and if you've taken PSAT, put the equivalency score... I think they still give you that, too...)

Wolf Snare

hmmmm..... I haven't taken it yet, but im sure I will do awsome when the time comes! :snicker: *snickers* :snicker:  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Nohcnonk

Haven't taken them yet... gonna take a PSAT soon just to see how I do... even though I'm 14 ^_^

Wolf Snare

heh, and what would be the appropiate age for taking your PSAT?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

calria

Hmmm...
I took SAT in 7th grade (got an 1190)
and then in 8th, 9th, and 10th, I took PSAT
You're supposed to take PSAT in your junior year, though, for the National Merit scholarship, but I went ahead and took my SAT that year to get it out of the way.

Wolf Snare

wow, I didn't realize that you could take them soo young.... :huh:  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

calria

You have to remember that the school district I went to had a HUGE gifted/talented program... mostly because all the rich kids in town got in because their parents had money...
But yeah... we had French classes in elementary/middle school, and special classes in middle school that were GT-only, and high school classes in Junior high, and college classes in high school...

Most of the kids in GT there graduated high school as college sophomores at the same time...

Wolf Snare

ooooh, so it entirely depends where you are.
My school doesn't even have a GT program.... I live in a very small town....
I am ashamed... :(  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

Gifted programs are dumb, I am smater than 2/3's if not more of the gifted kids in my school, but I am not in gifted, they all took the test when they were in kindergarten, if the took the test now when I took it there would 3 people in gifted.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Sha

Awww, it's okay! We don't have any gifted/advanced/ap classes here, either. Sigh. And as for the SAT.. well, I live in ACT country, so I've never taken it, nor do I need to. *pets her pretty ACT score of 29* Mwuahaha.

I nulled *nods* 'Cause I'm not gonna take it! Whee.

Shogun

IM only 12 and Im taking the regluar ones in Jan. If this topic is still here when I get my scores, Ill let yall know... I need at least 1000 (i hink) to take these special classes that are provided by the JHU....cant wait..
My siggy died :(

The Lady Shael

Hm, I'm dumb. I put haven't taken it yet, because I haven't, but I took the PSAT once last year, and again this year. I'm too lazy to check my score from last year.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

John Shadeslayer

QuoteGifted programs are dumb, I am smater than 2/3's if not more of the gifted kids in my school, but I am not in gifted, they all took the test when they were in kindergarten, if the took the test now when I took it there would 3 people in gifted.

Corrected:Gifted programs are dumb. I am smarter than 2/3's if not more of the gifted kids in my school, but I am not in gifted. All of them took the test when they were in kindergarten. If they took the test now when I took it, there would be 3 people in gifted.
SMSsoccerkid: I lost it.
SMSsoccerkid: It got eaten by evil mutants.
Chris 1 Life 0: That'll happen.
SMSsoccerkid: yea.

Burninate

Quote from: ShogunIM only 12 and Im taking the regluar ones in Jan. If this topic is still here when I get my scores, Ill let yall know... I need at least 1000 (i hink) to take these special classes that are provided by the JHU....cant wait..
I'm in the same program :)

I took the Nov. 1st ones, and while I don't want to say what I got, I did above a 1200 and I'm in the JHU program... can't wait to see what they're offering this year, since I did well enough to qualify for all the courses.
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Burninate

Quote from: ShaAwww, it's okay! We don't have any gifted/advanced/ap classes here, either. Sigh. And as for the SAT.. well, I live in ACT country, so I've never taken it, nor do I need to. *pets her pretty ACT score of 29* Mwuahaha.

I nulled *nods* 'Cause I'm not gonna take it! Whee.
I'm fairly certain some schools only accept one or the other, but if you're going somewhere around you they'll probably take it, if not both.

Oh yeah, sorry on the double post...
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."