Happy Thanksgiving

Started by Ereptor, November 26, 2003, 11:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarwake

School off today?? Hahahha, that'd be like a miracle if they actually did that for thanksgiving!!  We have tomorrow(Thursday) and Friday off though, so we have a 4 day weekend...

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

calria

*bumps because it's really Thanksgiving now*

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ashyra Nightwing

Yee! Happy Thanksgiving, American peopleses!

Juska

I had 1/2 day on tuesday and I don't go back untill next tuesday and then most people will be hunting anyways so we won't be doing anything, I don't have any terms papers too, granted I am in 8th grade.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Menatus

Lucky. *shifty eyes*  

fingo

Happy Thanksgiving every one. I'm from England so I don't get the day off or anything like that.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

CoolClaw

I had a half-day on wednesday and thursday and friday off, so making it a 4 and a half day weekend.      

Wasn't Guy Fawkes like a warrior dude or something. I remember hearing something about him but I can't remember...
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

calria

He was the guy who did something about something about King Charles, I think.
And there was something about gun powder, which is why they have fireworks for it.
But I think Guy Fawkes was actually the bad guy...

Badrang the Tyrant

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  And a happ-ey birthday to me! :D   *just thought I'd drop in here*

Abby The Rat

Quote from: calriaHe was the guy who did something about something about King Charles, I think.
And there was something about gun powder, which is why they have fireworks for it.
But I think Guy Fawkes was actually the bad guy...
Ok, I guess I say the full story..

on the 5th of Nov so and so year.. Guy Fawkes tried to stuff tons of gunpower under the House of Commons and blow everyone up who was in it. He was caught just in time before he could light it and was burnt to death as punichments... which is why now.. that every year on the 5th of Nov, (there's a song but I can't remember it.) we have a bunch of fireworks and then at the end a BIGGGGG fire. With guy fawkes on the top. Which is why a lot of people make a dummy, dress him up and then roll him around and then BURN him at the end of the night.

Yeah.. we're a lovely lot too. >.<
And fyi, We don't have a day for it. It's only a night thing.

So that's the story about Guy Fawkes
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Ashyra Nightwing

Yee, Guy Fawkes was the bad guy..

I like fireworks. I'm a bit of a pyromaniac, and they're fun.

Riverpaw

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingI like fireworks. I'm a bit of a pyromaniac, and they're fun.
Erk... so am I, but fireworks? Never tried it... yet.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

calria

Hey, RWLers who're American:

Fun idea:
For the 4th of July, let's get a big dummy of a British redcoat, and go pyro at it.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Vengerak

Heh.

Just out of curiosity, what's Thanksgiving for, again?  The pilgrim-types ate a turkey with some American Indians, or something?

The Lady Shael

Story of Thanksgiving for the British and Scottish people:

The Pilgrims came over in 1620, and settled in Plymouth colony. The winter was very hard on them though, and most of them died. The Indians decided to go help them, and so they sent Squanto, and Squanto showed them how to plant corn, live through the winter, etc, etc, etc. So the following year, in 1621, the Pilgrims invited the Indians over and they had a big feast, to show their graditude to the Indians. And ever since then, Thanksgiving has always been held on the last Thursday of November.

It's not quite as interesting as Guy Fawkes, but oh well...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.