You play chess?

Started by The Lady Shael, November 23, 2003, 09:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I was playing chess with my sister last night, and since I knew that chess was a lot like directing troops in battle, I wondered how many people here are good at playing chess. Sort of an interest survey.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

I'm pretty good at it!

Somehow, though, I think games like Battleship or Parcheesi are a lot more like RWL than chess is...

Abby The Rat

I'm ok at it... not brill but good.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

fingo

I can play it but I'm not great. It would be good if RWL was like chess but we would need a map or somthing like that.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Ashyra Nightwing

^_^ I play chess, but I'm terrible..

Nohcnonk

I'm very good at chess, but almost never play, it's kinda boring :(  

calria

I used to be terrible at it, but then in high school I was on the UIL Current Events and Model UN teams, and my (ex)boyfriend's best friend at the time was a chess and Magic: The Gathering guru, so of course whenever we were on trips we played those two games almost constantly. Finally, he got digusted with me because I kept beating him... and he was used to being unbeatable.  :D  

Wolf Snare

I love chess, I'm really good at it too....
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Amoraq

I'm good at it. I placed 2nd or 3rd in my chess club tourement(not the best speller though). That tourement was hard because there were some good chess players in there. :)

I love chess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~~Windclaw the Mighty~~

-Windpaw's Pack-

~Vuur Draak af~

Highist rank 1st

~~~Guroum~~~
Apollo 13, leader of the 13 round of turbo
user posted image

Aqualis

I like chess. I'm pretty good at it, too. But, I think that Risk is more like RWL than chess it. Kinda fits with the "world domination" theme.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Kilkenne

I'm supposedly brilliant at chess...I don't know why I'm labeled as such, I just get simple wins by doing insane commando raids at their troops. *Shrug*

Anyhow, if any of you have played Axis and Allies, that is the most like RWL that you can have, with different kinds of units, a different price per unit, and different attack/defense ratio for each...A lot better analogy than Risk. Risk is basically just in what cards you get at the beginning...

Vengerak

Quote from: KilkenneI'm supposedly brilliant at chess...I don't know why I'm labeled as such, I just get simple wins by doing insane commando raids at their troops. *Shrug*
Heh, "insane commando raids".

Kilk:  Bishop to.....D4!

Onlooker:  He's a madman, I tell you, a madman!

Kilkenne

It's the truth...Lots of gasps and covering of mouths. Everyone is in awe of my daring commando raids. Hehe...

Nohcnonk

Hehe, daring commando raids don't fit in with my idea of chess because I play chess sloooowwly ;)  

calria

Fun idea for Redcon: A battle of Risk with the top RWL players who attend...
It'd be interesting to see if the skill crosses game boundries.

(I suggest Risk because it's a board game so there could be a little audience all watching and cheering and waving cheaply-made construction-paper flags on lollipop sticks.)