ROME has been hurt

Started by Voice, November 20, 2003, 02:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Eye

Whats even funnier is that you are one of the people behind the creation of Rome.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Voice

The creation of ROME was a interesting goal in this game.  ROME succeeded in doing what it set out to do, getting the photo of the all ROMAN top 10.  People can understand that.  It was unique, interesting and demonstrated the skills of several players.  BUT, ROME should have ended there.  If ROME had disbanded at that point, there would not have been the problem; but it live on.  It continued to grow, feeding off of weaker and weaker players while itself grew stronger and stronger.  It became something very ugly.  Repulsive to everyone outside of it's clan, yet the clan continued.

Had it not been broken, I believe it would have tried to continue on for the entire duration of this game.  Feeding of even weaker players, doing even more damage to those who try and succeed.  However, that shall not happen.  The evilness of ROME was broken, and now the ashes will be scattered.  You had the chance to leave this blackness in Redwall, you chose to remain with all your clansmates.  Now, the rest of the game will avenge the wrongs that you committed while in ROME.  They will avenge against all the ROMANS.

Mikalae Gildar

Thus spake VOICE, oracle of things to come.

The winds are changing, I can feel it.
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

RazorClaw

Quote from: Mikalae DarkKnightThus spake VOICE, oracle of things to come.

The winds are changing, I can feel it.
Spoke, not spake. Um, anyways, Dead Eye, if you attacked dozens people and lowered them by 20 ranks, isn't it fair that they lowered you by around 70? That's just whining. This whole thing is stupid. ROME is gone for this round. If it reforms, We'll crush it while it's weak. Methinks my account can't recover from the damage ROME did to it... and I never made it into the top ten for more than five minutes. Why? Because of ROME. I had been attacked on my Calvinators account by Scipio around 20-25 times. When I was in the top ten? NO! When I was at rank 25. Maybe ROME needs to stop moping and just play. If they still want to farm people, fine. We'll just strike back.

Dead Eye

Ok, well, I see where you are all coming from. I have been told by Ereptor that Rome is truelly over, and to go our own ways. But if you must truelly go to war with the remaining members, ok. I did not think any way to change your mind could work. I hope that you enjoy destroying us. I personally am trying to restart with a clan of old. But I understand your reasoning.\

edit: Razorclaw, I SAID IT WAS EVEN YOU JERK. How about you read. And I appologized. Rome is gone, we dont wanna restart. But Voice is saying we are going to. And I definatly got like at least 10 messages freom different people complaining to me for attacking them. And I didnt attack some of them, but since in assosiaction with rome I am yelled at...I am done with Rome.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Mikalae Gildar

Razorclaw:

It is spake if you are talking in an antiquated tone of voice, like the Oracle prophesying.

ROME has fallen: The prophesies have come true; I have foretold this event, but even I did not think that it would come this soon.
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Voice

People have been avenging themselves against ROME members.  Do not stop.   The empires that have been oppressing every non-ROMAN are vulnerable.  Smash them before the recover and retake the game.
They will not give up.  We cannot give up either.
The members of Rome that deserve a good thwacking are:

Tacitus
Titus
Scipio
Constantine
Commodus
Nero
Cladious Gothicus
Domitian

Most of you have been blasted by one or more of these players.  Vengance is sweet.  Taste it.

The Weasel Liberation Mov

I love the metaphorical expression in your posts. Very intellectual.  :lol:

Oh, Domitian is now Dead Eye. Name change.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Orcrist

Hey well guess what beatles? F--- YOU!! That's right, I just broke the forum rules, but quite honestly I don't care. I feel that since I've been here for so long, I get at least 1 warning, and if you wanna ban me because I'm ticked off 4 hours after I found out Beatles betrayed us, then fine, ban me.

Since no one here but the Romans really understand what's going on, let me explain. At the end of the last age, 10 people were picked to become Romans and rule the game, much the same as LL and KM were formed. 2 members were added later. Beatles was one of the key members of the group, wanting to have Rome exist. Our point was to gain control of all of the top 10, hold it, and then start improving the game, by holding lotteries, newb academies, etc. Unfortunately, when we were well on our way, Beatles "left the game", but really, he plotted with Holby and Julian to overthrow the clan that he made. (note- here I'm assuming that there was another person involved, the hacker, but that may have been one of them, I don't know) After Beatles deleted his rome account and made Right Arm, he stored up rats and turns: when everyone was on 450 turns, the hacker got into all of the top roman accounts, deleted guards and troops, and voila, they could break us. That is what really happened. I have not included my opinion. The only outcome here, for me, was I lost every ounce of respect I had for Beatles, and I no longer trust Holby...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Orcrist,

I'm not sure about the rest of the story, but one bit is wrong. Right Arm can't be Beatles. Here is why:

Marcus Aurelius (#44)
Networth    $5,654,148
Land    0 Acres
Race    Wildcat
Location    Northlands
Clan    None
Rank    119
Attack?    Dead
Defenses    162 (16%)
Attacks    61 (90%)
Kills    0
Land Gained in Attacks    16,506
Land Lost in Attacks    12,570
Created On    October 28, 2003

Right arm (#17)
Networth    $22,879,198
Land    18,538 Acres
Cities    My City #1
Race    Ermine
Location    Mossflower Country
Clan    None
Rank    8
Attack?    No Raiders
Defenses    140 (15%)
Attacks    122 (80%)
Kills    0
Land Gained in Attacks    46,920
Land Lost in Attacks    44,087
Created On    October 28, 2003
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Commodus

Meh...
There's no need for the language.

Beatles is just a misguided, troubled child with way to much time, and way to few friends. Anyone who has the time, or cares enough, to write up your little formulas needs a...

Well you need a lot of things and one of them's a visit from me.

I've seen your pictures little buddy... I'd be ashamed to walk around like you.

Sweet job! You went to college early!

And you have... friends?

I speak computer talk. My name is bob3.
Look at me. This is cool when I talk and no one understands.
It's funny because I can be really smart and do things with computers.

Now my questions:
1. Are you at all, in the slightest, athletic?
2. Do you have any friends?
3. Is there more to life than your super-powered aweseome double speed RAM machine integral component based theory computer?

Commodus

ROFL...

Beatles has been mutli-accounting since he started.

If he could hack the server do you not think he could mask his IP? Use a different computer?

John Shadeslayer

Quote from: Badrang the TyrantBah, ROME is just mad that someone out-witted them....
Oh yes, I'm sure, hacking us is really so WITTY! REALLY IT IS! How is hacking, as you quaintly put it, witty? Also, all this rome has fallen f--- from voice is because WE WERE HACKED!!! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT! Also, beatles is one and the same, because he multied.
SMSsoccerkid: I lost it.
SMSsoccerkid: It got eaten by evil mutants.
Chris 1 Life 0: That'll happen.
SMSsoccerkid: yea.

Commodus

My Name Is Not Bob3
My Name is Not Bob3
High-Ho-A-Cherry-O
My Name is Not Bob3.

Holby isn't a lying queer.
He isn't a lying queer.
High-Ho-A-Cherry-O
He was really, very nice.

He didn't say a word,
He didn't say a word.
High-Ho-A-Cherry-O
Until the 42 year old came....

We were going to work as a team...
We were going to work as a team...
High-Ho-A-Cherry-O
And then he killed us all...

Congratulations to him!

Best of luck!

In Nothing!

Have a wonderful evening.

Be proud... Be happy...

Be You!

Voice

I can honestly say I know nothing about your accounts being hacked, and I am skeptical that this is true, and that you are just trying to make excuses about how the super clan ROME could be defeated.  However, I have no proof either way, just my opinion.

What I do know is that what ROME did while in power was wrong.  You put a bounty out on Right Arm, who had never even fired a SINGLE SHOT.  His attack count was at 0 when the bounty was announced!!!  Why was the bounty ordered???  Because he was non-ROMAN, and appeared to be in the top 10.  That was it.  He hadn't hurt you at all, he hadn't hurt anyone yet, but you placed a bounty on him anyway.  That was low, dirty, and despicable.

You wanted to improve the game?  You had control of the top 10.  You had control for quite a long time yet I saw no improvement in the game.  In fact, the only time you offered anything to any non-ROMAN was in the form of a bounty, which depended on the death or destruction of another player.

There was no improvement, only oppression.  And now ROME is paying for their strangle hold on everyone else.  I understand your anger.  You though you were invulnerable, you had the game all tied up.  But your anger will not save you, because the rest of the game is angry at YOU!  

There will be no mercy.  Vengeance has already begun.  It will continue.