New bounty

Started by Messenger of Rome, November 17, 2003, 12:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messenger of Rome

Odoyle (#68) This person is wanted for crimes against ROME.  A 5 billion cash reward will be given for his death.  Again, all expenses paid plus the 5 bill bonus.  This bounty cannot be undone and the 5 bill will not go down.  It may however go up.  It will be payed when evidense if presented that he was killed by your warlord and we will back that up with our files.  Once this is done we will add up your loses and present you with cash or troops plus the 5 bill.  Enjoy bounty hunters.

Messenger of Rome

Info on Odoyle.

Likes to use stoats.
Switched to weasles recently.  ( and unsuccessfully )
Easily defeated with rats.

Wolf Snare

Hah! another bounty from ROME eh? *walks away*
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

caedo caelestis

Quote from: Messenger of RomeOdoyle (#68) This person is wanted for crimes against ROME.  A 5 billion cash reward will be given for his death.  Again, all expenses paid plus the 5 bill bonus.  This bounty cannot be undone and the 5 bill will not go down.  It may however go up.  It will be payed when evidense if presented that he was killed by your warlord and we will back that up with our files.  Once this is done we will add up your loses and present you with cash or troops plus the 5 bill.  Enjoy bounty hunters.

Messenger of Rome

Info on Odoyle.

Likes to use stoats.
Switched to weasles recently.  ( and unsuccessfully )
Easily defeated with rats.
Switched to weasels?

RazorClaw

I suspected it would be a bounty on me, for "Crimes against Domitian, and therefore ROME". But their ferocity against me has been minimal.

Domitian

That, my friend, is a joke. You did very little damage to me, and if I had the time I would have hit you back. You are to weak for Rome to bother with.  
 Domitian of the Roman Empire, one of the 11 Emperors.

General Austin

Ehh. Why take a bounty for ROME? They can do their own dirty work. I know for a fact that they have players that can whip the pants off of anybeast. Why, ROME? Why do you set bounties upon people you can kill yourselves, and easily, for that matter?
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Ashyra Nightwing

Yee... It's because they can't be bothered.. Big clans are like this. They don't want to waste their precious turns killing someone, so they get someone else to do it for them..

Riverpaw

Theory of conspiracy: ROME is offering us petty awards so we'll focus upon the bounties warring amongst themselves while they they use their turns more productively to get an even stronger hold on the top ten...  :rolleyes:  
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

RazorClaw

Quote from: DomitianThat, my friend, is a joke. You did very little damage to me, and if I had the time I would have hit you back. You are to weak for Rome to bother with.
10K acres is? When you now have only sixteen? That's about a third of your land. And you have no weasels and very few skiffs... Last time I checked you had 1 weasel and 115,000 skiffs...

Wolf Snare

All I can say is, ROME is not that good. I will prove it. When the reset comes, I URGE the 11 emperors of ROME to play in turbo. we will put them in their place soon enough. They wouldn't stand a chance.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Actually, I believe that ROME can be taken down in the Regular mode.  What we would need to do is form a large number of warlords who would work together and fight against ROME as a group.  No single warlord can take down the ROME clan, but all the other warlords in the game combined could easily take ROME down.  We would just need to find some way to get something organized and working together.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Wolf Snare

I don't think ROME will get far after the next reset. Everyone will be determined to take them out, and they wont be able to do much about it.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Except they might be playing under different names.  We would never know who they were until it was "too late," so to speak.

Why wait until then, months down the road?  Are we going to waste away this whole game because a few egotistical, stuck-up players insist on ruining it for the rest of us?

----------

My point is, we should at least try to do something smart, instead of just posting complaints and making hopeless suicide attacks on ROME. Too many warlords are going off on their own way, and making pointless Kamikaze-style attacks on ROME that are having no effect. We need to put something organized together as a group.

Are we all just going to go down without a fight? What happened to all the energetical fighting that took place against Loren? (And I might add that Loren was, and is, a much better, friendlier, and more respectful clan than ROME is.)

Edit: For example, don't attack ANY warlord other than ROME warlords. If you need to attack to gain land, then limit your attacks to one or two. This in itself would really help things, because warlords would stop bringing each other down and would instead be focusing on ROME.

[Merging a double post.]

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

The Weasel Liberation Mov

In order to bring down ROME, we have to do the exact same as what the AA clan has done in Warbands 2 to the Dog clan. We concentrate on ONE enemy and kill him/her. Then, we go on to the next one. That is the only way a powerful clan such as ROME will fall.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Checkerpaw

Look, if need be, I would be willing to take charge and try to organize a unified group against ROME, although I would really prefer that someone else take the lead.  I am not going to reveal who I currently am on Regular, for obvious safety reasons (don't want to bring the dreaded wrath of Rome on me before I have to), but if you are seriously interested in something like this, then PM me, and we'll go from there.