Last Post

Started by Peace Alliance, November 11, 2003, 09:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

What did you think about today during your moment of silence? Was it the little noises you heard from the other people shuffling around. Was it how "how long will this be lasting?". Was it about what you were going to eat for lunch. Or was it about the thousands your age who suffered? Whether you are 11 or 50 years old, someone just like you has died in a war. Today we were to be honering them. But instead, as i glanced out over the crowd in front of the band i was playing in during our moment of silence. I saw the smiles on peoples faced as they tryed not to laugh. I saw people whispering... I saw disrespect.
Although i doubt any of those people I saw, are anything like you reading this, I also ask, that if you are, please take your moment to remember. I came to school early, with a migrane and no sleep. But i still had it better then almost ANY other day those soldier had at war.

Thank you.

The Title of this topic isn't "Last Post" because of the song after our moment of silence. I regret to inform you that it is titled "Last Post" Simply because I consider it to be my last post on these forums.
Turbo has turned into nothing but bloodthursty chaos. And although i know my name is still on top, and i know there will be a whole without it. I have deleted, and am no informing to that i've left the game. I've been deleted for just 10 minutes, and i've already had 2 people come to me, asking what happened.

I have quit the game, Quit RWL. If you want to talk to me, talk to me on AIM. This would be a hard thing to do, if not for the current state of the RWL community. And so, I ask ALL of you, to PLEASE stay here on RWL and make the community better. Thats something I somply cannot do.

I love you all,
Peace Alliance  :rolleyes:

Blood Wake

we didn't have a moment of silence which is really weird, we dd last year
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Beem

Nope, no moment of silence here (then again I had no school either.)   however the loud and disrespectful kids are everywhere.  It is just impossible for them to manage to gather together the neurons required to pay attention to something as simple as keep your mouth shut and ears open.  Yeah, it happens, but it is there choice I suppose and until this world changes to allowing us to bring in machete's and chains with pad locks, it will not be possible to change that...  curse the no weapons in school rule... they are such a leading influence in life though!  *gives skittles to those totaly distraught and peeved by the idea of children speaking during moments of silence.*

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Cindarin

Uh oh... that means... hey... any clan looken for new members?
Hmmm find out tommorow why Peace REALLY left RWL.  He can not avoid me at school. Unless he skips comp class rest of semester -.-
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Blood Wake

oi bes hopen ee peace doan't be gone too long, yes zurrs
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

caedo caelestis

Quote from: CindarinUh oh... that means... hey... any clan looken for new members?
Hmmm find out tommorow why Peace REALLY left RWL.  He can not avoid me at school. Unless he skips comp class rest of semester -.-
Think Arnprior is going to win junior football today?

Mark

Meh, I went to go with, my shcool and sing for some vetrens at a care home, we also made cookies for them.  It was funny how they talk.  One guy came in on whell chair and one ask him, "You still alive there, Jimmy?".  *smiles*  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Dead Eye

That definatly touched me. My uncle was in vietnam, and my grandfather in World War 2. My grandfather has a screwed up knee because a piece of a bomb shell hit him in his knee. He never talks about the war, it didnt kill him physically but it did mentally. He had tons of friends who died. I went up to his house during Veterns Day and hung out with him all day. He doesnt like the day, because it reminds him of the war. I personally am a coward. I would run and hid if I was asked to join the army. Which is why I look up to those who can shoot at others. Who can fight for our country. I think in whatever county your in, it has to be a great honor to fight. This day is important, any way you look at it.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Scarwake

Most of our teachers just kinda ignored the fact that it was Veteran's Day, if this what this topic is talking about....*thinks it is*  So, no we didn't have a moment of silence, nor did we last year....I'm not sure about the years before because I didn't go to this school system that I'm in now....So, yeah....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

The Lady Shael

We had Veteran's Day off. Which made this week sort of odd. School Monday, Tuesday off, then back to school Wednesday. Still, not complaining...

And Peace, on the subject of leaving, good luck. Not as in your other non-RWL life, but as in trying to leave RWL successfully. You've already said you were leaving, what, three other times?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

General Austin

QuoteWhether you are 11 or 50 years old, someone just like you has died in a war. Today we were to be honering them.

If only that were true! People of all ages died in wars, from 82(African Civil Wars) down to 6 years old. I did not have a moment of silence today, (Homeschooled) but I kind of wish I did. Thank you for bringing that point up, Peace. I beleive, that the book "All quiet on the Western Front" will help all of us realize what those vets did on the battlefield. Maybe we should also remember the people who died who were civilians, such as those who harbored Jews in the Holocaust, or people who gave their houses for hospitals, or others who gave everything they had for their countries' cause. Hey, is this only for our own country or can we honour troopers of different countries? England had quite a few of it's own die, and so did China. Is this only for America/Canada?
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Cindarin

QuoteThink Arnprior is going to win junior football today?
First of all... I am guessing you either go to ADHS in Arnprior or you are Josh and go to ADHS in Almont.  And just for the record, if you do go ot Almont, Anrpior won.  Wait... that's no fun... now we can;t make the football players cry for loosing only one game.  In fact, juniors won ALL their games.  Of course any school could beat our senior team, so don't even bother stating that fact ^_^

One other thing thats on my mind... is it just me or have none of you realized the true meaning behind this post? No? Let me tell you:

PEACE HAS LEFT
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Aminrael

Quote from: The Lady ShaelWe had Veteran's Day off. Which made this week sort of odd. School Monday, Tuesday off, then back to school Wednesday. Still, not complaining...
We didn't have Tuesday off, we have Friday off for "Observance of Veteran's Day". Even though it was Tuesday (I think). Still, I'm not complaining. It means that we have no Fridays in school this entire month.
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

Riverpaw

Is is just me or do Peace, Cindarin, and Caedo go to the same school? Which one?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

caedo caelestis

Quote from: CindarinFirst of all... I am guessing you either go to ADHS in Arnprior or you are Josh and go to ADHS in Almont.  And just for the record, if you do go ot Almont, Anrpior won.  Wait... that's no fun... now we can;t make the football players cry for loosing only one game.  In fact, juniors won ALL their games.  Of course any school could beat our senior team, so don't even bother stating that fact ^_^

One other thing thats on my mind... is it just me or have none of you realized the true meaning behind this post? No? Let me tell you:

PEACE HAS LEFT
I was just curious, I don't care much for football or jocks. I'm not Josh; Josh dropped out of ADHS, they never let me in.

Peace and Cindarin go to ADHS (Arnprior District Highschool), Josh and myself went to ADHS (Almonte District Highschool).

Oh, by any chance Cindarin, do you know Adam Dodridge?