Bounty on #58!

Started by Menatus, November 10, 2003, 04:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

I attacked Calvinators 5 times. He retaliated with 20. Now, I can understand a 2:1 ratio. That would be 10 attacks. Add in the rational 5 attacks per day, that's 15. But 20? So I attack him back about 15 times (by his standards it should have been 80 or so ;)) and tell him about how that was irrational, and not to attack again unless he wants war. So he attacks like 20 mores times and talks about how it's a normal thing to do and "Meh, he got attacked by Rome".

Seriously, go attack Rome then. Normal people aren't idiots, they don't try to start wars with people because they got attacked by someone else. Usually.

I told him I'd make a bounty, now I will! :)

I don't know what to give yet, I don't have that much money. Maybe a combination of food, money, and stoats! ^_^

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 448 acres of land and destroyed:
2,423 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
6,133 Skiffs

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 264 acres of land and destroyed:
3,652 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,954 Skiffs

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 232 acres of land and destroyed:
1,591 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
1,364 Skiffs

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
12,321 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
13,362 Stoats

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
3,513 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
7,770 Skiffs

2,843 Weasels
You managed to destroy:
28,743 Weasels

7,007 Rats
4,059 Weasels
21,577 Stoats
2,885 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
19,084 Rats
35,508 Weasels
21,042 Stoats
15,023 Skiffs

968 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,961 Skiffs

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 548 acres of land and destroyed:
2,222 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,195 Skiffs

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 353 acres of land and destroyed:
810 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,667 Skiffs

1 days, 1.2 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 427 acres of land and destroyed:
2,927 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,358 Skiffs

1,425 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,054 Skiffs

1 days, 1.1 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 376 acres of land and destroyed:
3,463 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,415 Skiffs

1 days, 1.1 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 429 acres of land and destroyed:
4,096 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,750 Skiffs

1 days, 1.1 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 261 acres of land and destroyed:
2,026 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
6,248 Skiffs

1 days, 1.1 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 307 acres of land and destroyed:
3,514 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,595 Skiffs

1 days, 1.1 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 119 acres of land and destroyed:
1,617 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
8,849 Skiffs

1 days, 1.1 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 300 acres of land and destroyed:
1,398 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,435 Skiffs

1 days, 1.1 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 92 acres of land and destroyed:
2,425 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,561 Skiffs

3.6 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 188 acres of land and destroyed:
1,911 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
3,565 Skiffs

3.6 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 112 acres of land and destroyed:
2,594 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,809 Skiffs

3.6 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 249 acres of land and destroyed:
2,757 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,538 Skiffs

3.6 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 59 acres of land and destroyed:
2,862 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,036 Skiffs

3.6 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 161 acres of land and destroyed:
2,570 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
9,823 Skiffs

3.6 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
1,494 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
3,873 Skiffs

3.6 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
2,001 Weasels
You managed to destroy:
45,055 Weasels

782 Rats
3,880 Weasels
10,653 Stoats
1,485 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
32,308 Rats
23,853 Weasels
22,141 Stoats
27,657 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
1,822 Rats
You managed to destroy:
5,067 Rats

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
1,212 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
9,081 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 132 acres of land and destroyed:
1,846 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,488 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 134 acres of land and destroyed:
1,315 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,618 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 309 acres of land and destroyed:
1,130 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
4,804 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 101 acres of land and destroyed:
1,276 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
6,137 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 302 acres of land and destroyed:
1,375 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
6,056 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 225 acres of land and destroyed:
2,350 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
6,690 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 146 acres of land and destroyed:
1,677 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,249 Skiffs

3.5 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 176 acres of land and destroyed:
1,077 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
9,307 Skiffs

1,818 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
8,010 Skiffs

2.9 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 192 acres of land and destroyed:
2,165 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
5,609 Skiffs

2.9 hours ago Calvinators (#58) attacked you! Your enemy captured 307 acres of land and destroyed:
1,976 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
8,428 Skiffs

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Oh no..........  ::help!::

Why must my clan always over-retaliate against you guys? Well, Menatus, you know something? If you had accepted, or even responded to my alliance proposal, this might not have happened.  :(  
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Menatus

I'm sorry! I get a lot of PMs and them sometimes I scan them over intending to reply later and always forget. Sorry, Weasel :(

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Yeah... It's too bad. I'm still willing to have an alliance, by the way... Message #21 in-game.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Scipio

Menatus- on this bounty. What's the pay, and what do you need done? You want #58 dead or what?
One of the 10 emperors of Rome

Menatus

I don't know how I can yet with this continous war here. After it's over :)

Pay and stuff - I don't want him dead, just like down to less than 1,000 acres or so. Which isn't hard cuz he only has like 4,000. I dont have a lot of money right now. I could fork over like 70,000,000 or a 100k stoats or so.

RazorClaw

Menatus, listen. You attacked me at the worst time possible. I (yes, it's me) had just gotten attacked by ROMe, a TON, and I needed a bunch of land. I'm talking nearly -$900,000. So, someone attacks me five times. I just kept attacking until I had fixed my economy: I was NOT attempting to make war. I have never been very good and I was desperate to stay within the top ten area. You can take as much land as you want; thanks to your attacks, I'm now super-weak. so, go ahead. In 24 hoursI'm starting a new account, and I'm resigning from Loren. I'm not even sure I want to play anymore. This game was SUPPOSEDLY a game about getting to the top; now there's an honor CODE for how many times you can attack? Anyways, take as much as you can in the next 24 hours. Hope you're happy that you ruined my time.

~The last post from RazorClaw on these stupid forums-other than in this topic and for goodbye topic

Scipio

First of all, don't take attacks so seriously. I'm sure if you beg Menatus enough she'll take the bounty (which is pretty low anyway) off. Also, don't get so worried about -$900,000 a turn, I've been way worse off.
One of the 10 emperors of Rome

Menatus

Sure, I took 5 attacks from you at a really bad time. -900,000! After your attacks, I was losing -1,500,000, and 3% troops each turn. Then Rome pulverized me. You know how bad that made me feel? I get discouraged VERY easily. And I never attack more than 7 times on any single horde -retal. If you're going to leave over something as silly as a game, that's immature. Why are you trying to start something? You'll be back by the next round. I'm sorry for making you temporarily leave though.

Wait a minute...
NOT ATTEMPTING TO MAKE WAR!?
What a laugh!

I posted to you saying "Do not attack again or it is war" and you attacked me 20 times back and didn't say anything.

Not trying to make war. You could ask and I'll take the bounty off if you just stop attacking. You're being to sensitive about a game.

RazorClaw

No, I won't I'm GONE. Is that too difficult for you to understand??????

Gone:
Main Entry: 1go
Pronunciation: 'gO
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): went  /'went/; gone  /'gon also 'g?n/; go?ing  /'gO-i[ng], 'go(-)i[ng]; "going to" in sense 13 is often 'gO&-n& or 'go-n& or 'g&-n&/; goes  /'gOz/
Etymology: Middle English gon, from Old English gAn; akin to Old High German gAn to go, Greek kichanein to reach, attain
Date: before 12th century
intransitive senses
1 : to move on a course : PROCEED -- compare STOP
2 : to move out of or away from a place expressed or implied : LEAVE, DEPART
3 a : to take a certain course or follow a certain procedure b : to pass by means of a process like journeying c : to proceed without delay and often in a thoughtless or reckless manner -- used especially to intensify a complementary verb d (1) : to extend from point to point or in a certain direction (2) : to give access : LEAD
4 obsolete : WALK
5 : to be habitually in a certain state or condition
6 a : to become lost, consumed, or spent b : DIE c : to slip away : ELAPSE d : to come to be given up or discarded e : to pass by sale f : to become impaired or weakened g : to give way especially under great force or pressure : BREAK
7 a : to move along in a specified manner : FARE b : to be in general or on an average c : to be or become especially as the result of a contest d : to turn out well : SUCCEED
8 a : to apply oneself b : to put or subject oneself c chiefly Southern & Midland : INTEND
9 : to have recourse to another for corroboration, vindication, or decision : RESORT
10 a : to begin an action or motion b : to maintain or perform a certain action or motion c : to function in the proper or expected manner : RUN
11 : to be known
12 a : to act in accordance or harmony b : to come to be determined c : to come to be applied or appropriated d : to pass by award, assignment, or lot e (1) : to contribute to an end or result (2) : to be of advantage
13 : to be about, intending, or expecting something -- used in a progressive tense before an infinitive
14 a : EXTEND b : to come or arrive at a certain state or condition c : to come to be : BECOME -- often used to express conversion to specified values or a specified state d : to undergo a change
15 a : to be in phrasing or expression : READ b : to be capable of being sung or played
16 : to be compatible, suitable, or becoming : HARMONIZE
17 a : to be capable of passing, extending, or being contained or inserted b : to have a usual or proper place or position : BELONG
18 : to have a tendency : CONDUCE
19 a (1) : to carry authority (2) : to be acceptable, satisfactory, or adequate b : to hold true : be valid
20 : to empty the bladder or bowels

I'm LEAVING:
leaving
Main Entry: 1leave
Pronunciation: 'lEv
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): left  /'left/; leav?ing
Etymology: Middle English leven, from Old English l[AE]fan; akin to Old High German verleiben to leave, Old English belIfan to be left over, and perhaps to Lithuanian lipti to adhere, Greek lipos grease, fat
Date: before 12th century
transitive senses
1 a (1) : BEQUEATH, DEVISE (2) : to have remaining after one's death b : to cause to remain as a trace or aftereffect
2 a : to cause or allow to be or remain in a specified condition b : to fail to include or take along c : to have as a remainder <4 from 7 leaves 3> d : to permit to be or remain subject to another's action or control e : LET f : to cause or allow to be or remain available
3 a : to go away from : DEPART b : DESERT, ABANDON c : to terminate association with : withdraw from
4 : to put, deposit, or deliver before or in the process of departing
intransitive senses : SET OUT, DEPART
- leav?er noun
- leave alone : to refrain from bothering or using
usage Leave (sense 2e) with the infinitive but without to is a mostly spoken idiom used in writing especially for humorous effect. It is not often criticized in British English, but American commentators, adhering to an opinion first expressed in 1881, still dislike it.

How was I supposed to know that ROME was going to attack you? Goodbye and screw off.

Menatus

Hehe!

Was that really necissary? I think it was a flame. How were you supposed to know I was being attacked by Rome? Please. Everyone around there was. why take out your anger with them on me? So irrational, ye.

Dilf

Quote from: RazorClawI'm talking nearly -$900,000.
BOO HOO HOO
come on..
you guys are SO worried about all this economy thing
work the markets!!
get your money that way
then you can afford to go down into teh red to attack
its a common tactic

Menatus

900,000 is actually pretty good for me. Anything below a million.

I repeat!!

Dilf

plus - how are you meant to indy without going into the red a little bit?

Kilkenne

This is probably off topic by now, but still -

Boohoohoo, you got attacked, honestly woman, suck it up. If everyone ran around putting bounties out when they got attacked 4x as much as when it happened, then everyone would have billions stockpiled to trade and only one person would have troops. Don't get mad and waste someone else's time, waste your own.