A Rather Rude Remark...

Started by Mikalae Gildar, November 06, 2003, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikalae Gildar

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:54:43 -0800From Army of Little Green Ferrets (#55)
You better stop that now, cause when i get turns, it won't be in your best interests.

---

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:57:54 -0800To Army of Little Green Ferrets (#55)
Dear Sir:

Of course, my good fellow. I was merely liberating some land from your evil...er...soggy grasp for my own purposes. I assure you, my peasants adore you for your generous contribution to their livelyhood. My, they have just built a library on that 1000 acres...well, tata, off to read Jules Verne.

Your Most Illustrious Liberator,

The Unknown Muncher

---

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:59:35 -0800From Army of Little Green Ferrets (#55)
Well, atleast your happy when your going to be killed, can't keep you down can they?

---

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:03:16 -0800To Army of Little Green Ferrets (#55)
My Most Crude and Vile Chap,

First of all, to properly threaten someone, one must use correct punctuation and spelling. For example, if one is going to attempt to insult another, one must at the very least put a comma in the word "your" to make it the grammatically correct "you're", a contraction of the phrase, "you are".

And also, my good man, threatening must be done in a manner so that the threatenee can even understand the threat that the threatenor is making. Therefore, I would rephrase your last sentence, so that, in the words of modern speech, "I can understand what the heck you are saying."

That is all, my good man. Have a nice day.

Most Authoritatively, Demeaningly, and Confrontationally Yours,

The Unknown Muncher

---

Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:55:27 -0800From Army of Little Green Ferrets (#55)
What's your name on the Forum, you little faggot!

---

Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:04:16 -0800To Army of Little Green Ferrets (#55)
My rude fellow:

I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten my name? Could you tell me who I am?

Also, there was this most unfortunate accident with my construction crews. It seems that they dumped 5000 acres of newly-liberated land. A pity.

Just wanted to inform you, my dear man. Fare thee well.

~The Unknown Muncher

(emphasis mine)

Did anyone catch that word he used?  It probably was deleted from the post by the filters, but I think that was a slur.  And I now quote from the rules of RWL:

2. Profanity of any kind is not allowed in the RWL game or the RWL forums. Administrators reserve the right to determine what is and what is not profane.

Now, Admins, the choice is up to you.  Was using a word commonly defined as a slur against someone who is of a different sexual orientation correct of #55?  If this word usage was not offensive, I ask, what would be offensive?  And if it is offense, what are you going to do about it?  I do not wish to get anyone in trouble; in fact, I merely wish to preserve the game for the children with young and innocent ears (or eyes) from such language.  Imagine if he had said that to a 10, 11, 12 year old...think well on this.
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Badrang the Tyrant

At first, it seems that you are merely complaining that you have become a land source for Green Ferrets.  Then it mentions the remark about you being a dude.  I find this immature.  Don't really worry about it, but I would like to see what you wrote to him...

General Austin

Badrang! He took over half of Ferrety-dude's land after the faggot comment. Mikalae is definitely NOT a complacent land source for him. The properly written ones are Mikalae's, OR if you can't tell the difference, the first message was from Ferret-dude, and the next one after that was Mikalae's, then Ferret-dude, and so on.

EDIT: Oy vey, very sorry. I am very excited about this, because Ferrety-dude was mean to me, always has been. Sorry if it came out as a flame.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Badrang the Tyrant

I am so sorry Austin, I never checked how much land Green Ferrets has taken from Mikalae.  And if you read my post more carefully, you'd see that I am trying to take Mikalae's side...

Mikalae Gildar

The last message in that series was me, Badrang.  I didn't respond harshly to his comment; I simply replied IC as my warlord. ^_^

I am not complaining about his strikes; I am complaining about his language.  I don't care how much he took from me.  I probably took as much back in retaliation.  I am just worried that he could use language like that and get away with it.
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

Nohcnonk

Well, Little Green Ferrets should act more mature and sensible I think.

Mikalae Gildar

Thank you, Nohc.  I agree. ^_^

"Then you kill them?"

Ashyra Nightwing

Yes. *prods little green ferrets* Fwaha.

Vengerak

one must at the very least put a comma in the word "your" to make it the grammatically correct "you're"

Heh, that's an apostrophe, actually.

Badrang the Tyrant

I am sorry that I did not pay more attention to the post.

Sun Jian

LOL... Have you guys thought.... WHY isn't Blackeyes posting here.... I bet he views it and scurries off to try and act cool... :lol:  :lol: Yea he's reeeal cool.... He's the one that rallied my troops to kill Holby.... HA! He's back.... I told him you rallied the troops... He... Hope he does something... OH wait! He can't... You're ranked like 100!

(Sorry for the flame guys.... I had an urge I couldn't resist.)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Badrang the Tyrant

What are you talking about?