I declare open war against ROME

Started by General Austin, November 04, 2003, 02:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commodus

And we are different from Slayer in what ways?

I agree with some of Retto's points. We'll try to stop. Understand though, its hard not to come off arrogant when your performing well.  

Gen. Volkov

Now Beatles... you know as well as I do that you guys don't control 9 of the ten top positions.., and also my networth is still so far below most of yours that the rank hardly matters.. except I might gain more and thus actually take down a roman but it would take quite a few more turns to do that...... so my arguement is very much alive.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Scipio

Well, about being a stoats masser, I know for a fact (yes I have seen how many stoats you have Austin) that I can break anyone in the game (except for my allies in Rome, of whom I don't have their stats) in stoats. About being in the top ten, as I've said before: players in Rome are just playing the game. If you do get up to the top ten, chances are, you have enough land to make it enticing for us to attack you, as you most likely are our only land source at that time.

Austin- I understand well that you dislike being flamed, flaming others, and other such actions. How does that make you want to openly declare Rome your enemy? We have only flamed in defense of what others have said to us. I'm not saying we're perfect, but we have not been that much worse than most other forums members, which is saying alot, because, as Commodus said, it is difficult not to be arrogant while you are playing well.
One of the 10 emperors of Rome

Gen. Volkov

I'm sorry.. I just don't understand how I can possibly be your only land source when there are at least three other people in the top ten who are not romans. As for your comment about being able to break anyone in the game except for your fellow romans, well that would be because you have a higher networth than anyone else in the game beside your fellow romans so will you PLEASE shut up about it!!! Do you not undersatand this concept of relative networths? I guaretee that if I had your networth I would have way more stoats than you do. SO I say again, shut up about it. So please explain why you feel that I am a threat.

(Sorry for the rudeness.. but your comments about how many military units you have are pissing me off, of course you have more.. you have a much higher networth)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Commodus

Eek! That did sound a bit... Arrogant.

Try not to generalize the Romans. We're all different. Look at Nero there for example. Meh.

Gen. Volkov

Sorry.. I know your all different.. but some of you seem very similar.. so its kind of hard not too, but I will try harder in the furture. I think your talking about Scipio's post, and if you are,, I agree and thats why I was mad..

Nohcnonk

Nohc thinks that there ate good people in ROME
Nohc thought he would try out this 3rd person thing once
Nohc thinks that people should play the game and not talk about it ^_^
Nohc will not make any more comments for a while about ROME

Gen. Volkov

Volkov thinks Nohc has changed his attitude, Volkov wonders what has precipitated this change.

Juska

I Juska declare my alliagence to any and all who wish to remove ROME from their position of power.  My empire is #94 Juskabally feel free to message me. Last time it was Slayer, now we have a new Slayer, ROME. Let us not let this one get to far away keep them in check I remember just starting out when it was impossible to get passed the 9th or so spot because of Slayer huge networths. Lets keep ROME down where all can hit them.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Dead Eye

Juska, may I ask you why? Just so you are not dead last. As I said before, some one new joins and the whole RWL community joins up to defeat them. I hate when some one is way up to, yet some of these guys are newbs. Look at Domitian, or some of the others. You declare war on the whole clan, and Domitian will be hit, or the other lower members. You are being unfair. And I cant wait to see Rome destroy you all. Aus, you are my friend and I was loyal to you last era. I earlier expressed my feelings to you that to go to war with Rome will not be wise. You did not heed my warning. If Aus is your leader, then he is Hannibal and the RWLers Carthage. They failed in the end, to Emperor Scipio. Now there are 11 Scipios. You shall fall and I shall laugh. ROME, though I dislike you I have no reason to go to war. The only one who has a right are those who have been hit a lot or already set to war, Kaiser.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Gen. Volkov

Hey.. I've been hit alot... yet I haven't gone to war... mostly cause I don't lead my own clan.

Nohcnonk

Ahm gonna change my mind pretty soon here probably*shrugs*

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: CommodusEek! That did sound a bit... Arrogant.

Try not to generalize the Romans. We're all different. Look at Nero there for example. Meh.
Hmmm, is it just me, or does this sound like windy using caps?

If I were still playing Reg. I'd help out anyone who wants to take out ROME.  Constantine found it funny to attack me when he/she was in the top ten and I was ranked below 50... <_<  

Gen. Volkov

Er.. it shouldn't be windy, cause ROME is not a clan that has any multis...

Scipio

General Volkov- you misunderstood my last post completely. I was merely stating facts, not trying to be arrogant. I would not like to argue about who is the better player, so for the sake everyone else, I'll just disregard what you said: I would love to argue, but I'm probably disliked enough already. And when I said "you" in my previous person, I was not actually referring to one person, but to whoever would get in that position. I understand where you're coming from, being annoyed that you get attacked a decent amount, however, on your example of 3 people in the top ten that aren't in Rome, I have a few comments. Since, as you said, there are normally about 3 people in the top 10 who are non-Roman, that leaves 7 Roman players; therefore, by the time th 7th guy gets online, all of the land sources from 2 of the people are taken, so he logically attacks the 3rd one.

Juska- I ask you: what has Rome done to you specifically that has caused you to hate us so much. Do you really have a reason, or are you just following the crowd? I don't know really much at all about Slayer, but I do know that if you think we'll have such high networths that we'll be untouchable, think again. Look at Rome's members: a few of us have a networth of a round 18 or 19 million, but the rest are down close to 13 or lower (in millions). They are well within your range of attacking.

And finally- Noch- you for one have gained my respect, because you, for one, have stood out against the crowd and stated that you didn't hate Rome for no reason at all. Whether you like the clan or not is personal, but I praise you for having the guts to voice how you actually feel, instead of letting someone else persuade you into their opinion.

*for all of my posts, I have no problem with criticism, but please no flaming, as that will just end up angering the other forum participants*
One of the 10 emperors of Rome