I declare open war against ROME

Started by General Austin, November 04, 2003, 02:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Austin

The reason? They have clogged up the top ten, they hold an overly aggressive stance towards any other clan or hordeleader, they make large attacks on other players, discouraging them from playing the game at all.

I wish to attract new players to the game, and therefore I must try to put a stop to the overly aggressive and ultimately game-destroying tactics with which these Romans gain ranks. All who wish to help me can message me and join my clan, Northern, or ally with it. Sorry, ROME guys, some of you are really cool, but you're just too power-hungry.

~Sir John Fastolf
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

The Beatles

Cheers.
Official Statement From The Assistant Warlord of Rome:

Bring It On!

Veranor

Quote from: General AustinThe reason? They have clogged up the top ten...
Isn't that what any near-full clan attempts to do?
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Nohcnonk

I, leader of the brave(reckless :lol: ) Kaiser declare war upon... wait... already did that... *thinks:wait, not officially*  Declare war upon ROME.

Well, this should be fun :D  

Titus

In other words General Austin.  You are saying since your clan is not in the top ten or since it is not filled by oppossing clans that our clan ROME has an unfair advantage.  I will agree we have good players and that most of you wouldn't know what to do with the number one spot even if you made it there let alone hold it.  But the fact is that you are basing this on perception.  We are not hammering certain people or trying to eliminate certain clans.  We are trying to play the game.  I would never play a game that capped my playing abilities.  If you are saying we should start sucking it up like the rest of you just so you can say more people would come that is absurd.  Your declaration of war will get you killed in a hurry and will generate sympathy from admin and the rest of the forum goers but that is all.  I suggest you find other games with other people and recruit them to come and play this game.  When you have recruited an amount of players then come back on the forums and complain about how good the people in ROME are.  

For Honor and Glory,
Titus

One of the Ten Emperors Of Rome

~>John<~

Oppressive? Hardly, I'd say. Just because they're all good doesn't mean they're oppressive. And their attacks were on people who they didn't know, and if you are broken, you deserved to be. I remember when I was a newb I got broken, and sure, I was mad, but because I wasn't good enough. You get better by defeat, not victory.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

The Beatles

Hey, we should declare war on the game. Eh, what? Nah. LOL
It'd be fun though. Hahaha. I mean, dangerous.
Nah, we actually want to be relatively peaceful and honorable. I mean, we have plans for newbie training, but first we've gotta get ourselves solidly up there, wot? Only then on to training new people. You're just making it harder for us, but not stopping us.

Nohcnonk

I speak for myself, but I don't think any of those things.  You do have good players.  I am not biasing anything, just trying to get to the top.  How are we suppost to get to the top if the top 8 of the top ten players are in one clan?  They can aid eachother and attack those that are threats, making it very difficult for anyone to rise very much for any period of time.  Of course you are expected to take up the top spaces, and we should be expected to attack you.  Did you not think that you could be nice(or at least act nice <_< ) and "fair" we would still not attack you?

Kilkenne

DI. RIM. EO. LL.

All have clogged the top ranks and you never went crazy on them.

QuoteSHOVE A TWINKIE DOWN YOUR CRY HOLE!

~Kilkenne = Me

Retto

ROME is on top - at present. People are saying, "They should be brought down, because they're mean, arrogant, and are whompling us. Owee." Which is generally true, because ROME attacks seem to be intended towards crippling other players, ROME believes they can never be ousted, and they are dealing out about a hundred attacks per day.

What really gets me is that ROME has been taking a, "We're better. We deserve to be at top - you shouldn't even try, thouart pitiful, scum" attitude, combined with a "It would be best for you if you let us kill you, you know.." feeling, which irks me, because it is against the entire feeling of the game, it's hostile, it's degrading, and it's against the very spirit which got you to the top in the first place.

(Er...actually  DI. RIM. EO. LL...people got angry at them all)
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

wolf bite

Hehe.  See, I told you all that Slayer was the "good guys."  We kept the top, rarely attacked, and only attacked hard those that where out right threats.  You all wanted someone else to be up there, now you have it, enjoy.

Wolf Bite
(not a member of any clan)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Kilkenne

Constantine and Domitian are the only ones with that attitude, Rettos...The rest just talk regally. They know what they're talking about. I rather like Nero...hehe...

The Lady Shael

Ah ha, this should be interesting...especially from my viewpoint in RL...should be interesting indeed.

What can I say? Chaos is fun. The Romans may be skilled, yet, like I said before, they seem rather overconfident.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Kilk>> DOn't forget Titus.. he talks like that too.. I for one will be attacking ROME.. but only cause they're the only ones with LAND..... its not part of any clan war unless MCG declares war too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Titus

I think you are misreading our intentions retto.  But that doesn't matter does it?
One of the Ten Emperors Of Rome