Blades Reach the Top

Started by Scarwake, November 01, 2003, 08:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarwake

After long struggles in the games, the Blades have managed to reach the top of the game.  While, yes it is too early to determine how long our member will remain there we have confidence that we can now reach the top again if we are taken down from our high position.

P.S. This message was not to gloat, but to show that Blades are able to reach high into the top scores(1st) without the help of others, showing that we're not noobs as most of the newer people try to accuse a lot of us oldbies.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Orcrist

Unfortunately, soon after the Blades reached the top, a terribly brutal string of frontal attacks from Knights Templar unseated them not 15 minutes after they reached the top. While he didn't hold his spot at first for long, the Blades could not break his sturdy defenses- that was left to COZ.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Scarwake

Yes, true, Ocrist.  Only because I was in debt and loosing money rapidly due to your attacks, I couldn't spare enough turns to improve my army to retaliate strong enough.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Wolf Snare

i could have easily held the top position, with the ability to espionage every good player in the game(exception of a few). i owned an unbeatable amount of skiffs(roughly 2,000,000) and stoats(3,000,000), i could have easily overthrown anyone who opposed, and held on to the top position. but my economic stats were horrible, and i couldn't see myself continuing to play in that account for much longer ( - 8,000,000 a turn) so i simply gave away my troops, sold the rest, killed myself and started fresh. but now i cant log so i am very borde at the moment, probably why i just rambled on for a paragraph about my old account( the Black Pearl, by the way) and no one will probly even read this... o well.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ashyra Nightwing

*snerk*
For a few minutes at the end of last Turbo round, I had 14 million skiffs, 16 billion food, and I was losing $45 million a turn..

-$8 mil a turn? I've had worse. Much worse. So has Holby..

Nohcnonk

Ooch, so have I.... anyone can guess what 1.6 bil rats does to your economy :lol:  

Ashyra Nightwing

1.6 billion rats?

Surely not that much..

The Beatles

~>John<~

Quote from: NohcnonkOoch, so have I.... anyone can guess what 1.6 bil rats does to your economy :lol:
*ponders on anyone having 1.6 billion rats* Nah, not that much. and 1.6 million is nothing....
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Nohcnonk

No, billion!!!  The bug remember? :lol:

Did you actually think I meant million? rofl

Ashyra Nightwing

Yes, I did... Just how much money were you losing?

Gen. Volkov

I'm betting besunches... that means a whole lot... I hit #4 in that last minute free for all... 47 mil networth... 5 mil stoats.. 12-13 mil rats.... then it got taken away by someone who said they wouldn't hit me anymore... *Growls* *Then grins brightly* I've held the #1 position at least once a day, every day since the reset in both games...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Nohcnonk

I dunno, can't remember anything about how much I was losing ;)  

Gen. Volkov

Blocking the horribleness of it from your mind eh? Yeah.. they say when something's really bad.. sometimes the mind just blocks it out....
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

calria

And then there was company... and together they took down KM, and battled many other foes, and blotted out the evil or Mordor...

*mutters* and then, as the one girl in the clan was typing up a post in the forums, she got 4k land stolen from her and was knocked down 3 ranks...