The Elusive Attack Bug

Started by Retto, October 31, 2003, 04:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Okey...Here's the deal with the attack bug wherein only one side seems to be loosing troops -

I can't pin it down.

I put in some stuff to write out exactly what's happening, and...it worked right. Every time I tried. So I put that version of the attack page on all the servers.

If you continue to encounter it, let me know - As an admin account, I can set it to run the debug listing while I attack (so, you'd tell me: I wanted to attack ______, and the bug always happens then. Can you do it once for me and see what's up? and then I'd do it with the debug, and it'd show me how all the O&D points are apportioned, and what its using for the calculations for losses, etc..)
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Brain

I have seen this quite often too.  It is quite common that only the defender loses troop.  Even when both sides have lots of the military units, the attacker will lose nothing  Even on a failed attack, the attacker will lose 0 troops.  This is not good, and needs to be adressed.

Ashyra Nightwing

*twitch*

Yergh. My account died... *sniff* Stupid..inactivity.. I'm sure that your account only dies if you're away for a week? I was away for three days..

Gen. Volkov

*Twitch* You guys gonna fix that attack bug soon?? I lose 30,000 stoats, but the other loses nothing....
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Riverpaw

QuoteTime     Event
4.2 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 181 acres of land and destroyed:
1,612 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.2 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 295 acres of land and destroyed:
7,028 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.2 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 146 acres of land and destroyed:
5,175 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.2 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 196 acres of land and destroyed:
7,697 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.2 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 313 acres of land and destroyed:
4,425 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.1 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 196 acres of land and destroyed:
4,416 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.1 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 195 acres of land and destroyed:
6,972 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.1 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 197 acres of land and destroyed:
5,291 Rats
You managed to destroy:
4.1 hours ago  Commodus (#22) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 239 acres of land and destroyed:
5,324 Rats
You managed to destroy:

There goes half my land... Bad buggy!
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Ashyra Nightwing

Yes... that bug doesn't affect me very much, as I don't lose much when I attack anyway.. but it's still a problem.

Riverpaw

Ah... another K land lost... negative economy... fix it!

*ten years later*

Oh.

Gen. Volkov

Special Forces (#86) attacked you! Your enemy captured 1002 acres of land and destroyed:
657,926 Rats
220,035 Weasels
394,169 Stoats
67,355 Skiffs
You managed to destroy:
3 Rats
2 Weasels
3 Stoats
1 Skiffs

0.1 hours ago Special Forces (#86) attacked you! Your enemy captured 854 acres of land and destroyed:
65,793 Rats
You managed to destroy:
2 Rats

0.1 hours ago Special Forces (#86) attacked you! Your enemy captured 697 acres of land and destroyed:
6,579 Rats
You managed to destroy:
2 Rats

0.1 hours ago Special Forces (#86) attacked you! Your enemy captured 264 acres of land and destroyed:
977 Rats
You managed to destroy:

FIX THIS PLEASE! Thats a majority of my forces!!!!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Brain

Good Grief, that is insane.  That cannot be right.  Please, admins, fix this bug.

Gen. Volkov

Nevertheless, that is what happened... it sucks big time.

Ashyra Nightwing

*stares*

O.O

That's a lot of lost troops...

Riverpaw

Fix it fast, because the Romans are crushing me using the bug...

Quote22.2 hours ago     Titus (#26) attacked you!     Your enemy captured 463 acres of land and destroyed:
1,536 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 354 acres of land and destroyed:
1,992 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 169 acres of land and destroyed:
2,020 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 312 acres of land and destroyed:
2,298 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 201 acres of land and destroyed:
1,581 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 217 acres of land and destroyed:
1,982 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 183 acres of land and destroyed:
1,690 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 74 acres of land and destroyed:
1,509 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
22.2 hours ago  Titus (#26) attacked you!  Your enemy captured 144 acres of land and destroyed:
1,527 Stoats
You managed to destroy:

*ten years later*

Oh.

Gen. Volkov

Yeah.. the only thing I can say is thankfully it was on turbo... on reg, I probably would have died in short order.

Gen. Volkov

*Bump* You guys need to fix this...

Gen. Volkov

*More bumpage* Sorry Peace.. but I think this is more important... you can't get around this one like the looting thing.