Winter is Retiring

Started by Abby The Rat, October 29, 2003, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

I have made my mind up today that winter and I will retire within the next few days.

I will still be running as RWL admin.

I'm sure many of you will be sad to hear this, but I picked this moment when everything is peaceful that everyone is sure I made it under my own free will.

My reason is that, not only I'm bored looking after winter, I'm having a hard time, getting time to look after it. Winter wasn't what it first was. It has become old. But be happy, the Winter you all love have lived completely and nearly every day of RWL life.

Almost every player here knows Winter and I know that will be sad to hear that I've did the unthinkable.

Pleace repect my wishes and not create another Winter.

Good bye Winter, I'm happy to of been it leader.

I'll be glad, if you all posted your goodbyes and memories you had of winter.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

General Austin

Crimony Crickets. *hugs Ad* I understand. Thanks for keeping Winter alive for so long, I understand... :ph34r:  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

The Beatles

Know what's funny? Clan of Winter is COW. Password is mad. Mad cows....that is my first memory of Winter. Then for a long time it didn't exist, and was later re-formed with limited membership. It's...going. It wasn't /that/ pivotal, was it? No clan was, except Slayer and maybe KM. LL was brief, a flash in the pan. DI was long, but died completely, never to return.

Scarwake

*huggles all old winter members & Ad* Well, its been good having ye guys as an ally for soooo long!
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Gen. Volkov

*Waves goodbye to winter people* I remember you guys.... but other than being the oldest in the game.. well you weren't that huge of an influence on the game... but it's sad to see you go... by the way.. there are two Winters in reg... Winter free and Clan of Winter...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Abby The Rat

Both are the same, just one was made by me and the other made by Sockferret,  a very loyal Winter member.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Gen. Volkov

Oh... I see... thanks for clearing that up... is he gonna stay?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

~>John<~

yes, but winter has passed on quietly in its sleep. I mourn.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Gen. Volkov

*Mourns with you* It's always sad to see the old ones go... oh yeah.. ment to ask before... what happened to DI in first age? Who killed it?

~>John<~

RIM, was it not? Ragefur and all that. too bad he wont play........RWL is to us like ta'veren

Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Gen. Volkov

Ragey eh? I thought he was in DI... guess something happened... oh well...

Kilkenne

Actually RIM came quite a bit after DI I recollect. DI got gutted during the Spigot War, and shortly after Stormy left and made EO, the remainder of DI pretty much became KM and once Stormy left, KM stompled? over Orcrist...Then when Ragefur joined KM he left and made RIM, and I kinda faded off into nothing for a little while, then joined RIM.

Blackeyes

Goodbye Winter, you were always there, for help, for confidence, and any 'ol thing ye needed. Your memory will be greatly relived.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Gen. Volkov

Uh wait.. Kilk.. I'm confused.. who left and made RIM when Ragefur joined KM? The other parts I get.. thanks for the explanation... but that one part confuses me.

Badrang the Tyrant

G'bye Winter!  I hope to see all Winter and former Winter members get along splendidly.