RWL: BAX vs. TSR: WB2 FaF

Started by Riverpaw, October 23, 2003, 06:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~>John<~

like what, enslavement? nothing to argue about
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Riverpaw

I see you all need something to get the debate started...

Pro RWL: BAX
  • Special Attacks This applies to the pro RWL category in two ways. First of all, Retto informs us that there will be a new attack option, "Enslave," which allows the capture of a certain amount of workers per attack. This also is the racial leader attacks which add another facet to the game.
  • Extra Species BAX will include more species, each with specialties. It will also include a race for those who want an extra challenge.
  • Mathematical Advantage BAX will have an advanced help feature which will give people the possibility of a mathematical advantage within the game, whereas the FaF source will be propritery and only basic formulae will be released.
    [/list:u]

Pro TSoR: WB II FaF
    • Multiple Locations Karlin (more accurately, Beatles) has promised us that FaF will have thirteen locations, each with different bonuses and penalties.
    • Vermin and Goodbeasts One new feature is that FaF will allow players to be either vermin or goodbeasts. It is supposed to add more details and such.

Pro All
      • Cooperation Both Retto and Beatles have promised certain features in their games. While they are completely shrouded in mystery, they are guareenteed to encourage cooperation.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

bjornredtail

On Cooperation: What you see as cooperation I see as a requirement of the GPL which Promanance is covered under. Both entities have complete rights to view, and use the source code of their competator, so you might see many RWL features ported into Warbands, and many Warbands features ported into RWL. The existance of two games adds an competative element to delevopment, and for that management (RWL forums anti-advertiseing and TSOR's 'joke' on Terrouge). This is good, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, people trying to hack each other servers, or more likely use of their political contacts to make their opponent look bad, or remain hidden from potental users and delevopers.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

~>John<~

race doesn't affect leaders. at all. For the retto tells me so.
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Retto

QuoteThis also is the racial leader attacks which add another facet to the game.

Er...whut? We are not putting in any new leader attacks...sorry.

And...on another note to John...2 Major things. there's bunches of little changes which you'll like. And now that the help is fleshing out...well, it's quite nifty.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

~>John<~

little changes like what? higher leader ratio?

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

The Beatles

Ooh... FaF.. I can hardly wait 'til that comes out, though I may not be around.
Wait a second.... *realizes* Ooh... that's nasty. I'm gonna code it? *thonks*
Er... right. Right. Herm, erm, er-herm. Right.
Er... yes! I'll do it one weekend..er..when..er...right. Right. Okay, everyone calm down. *crams terribly*
Right! Midterm tomorrow! FaF..er.. right. *lamely* later.

~>John<~

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

The Beatles

Aha.... no Faf has formulae included. Plus source viewing. But we've had that 'enslave' idea for a while. Hero mission is to capture troops.
Anyways, FaF will do things to the game nobody had thought possible. We will really screw around with the reality-factor. Er, that is, with playing limitations.
And by the way, we have a. improved auth, and b. improved multi-detection. Our script (ok... PHP.net's, in the source) sees through proxies. (I've given that bit to Retto already, he's put it into RWL.)

~>John<~

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Blackeyes

I like it Riverpaw! I am surprised someone thought of this.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Ashyra Nightwing

hehe... RWL:BAX all the way... But I may start playing Warbands again...

General Austin

Is it possible to have pictures of fighting aminals or something after every attack? *wonders*
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Riverpaw

Hm... Yiss... Much to comment on...

@Nev:
I understand GPL perfectly. What I meant was that both Retto and Beatles are making a new feature within their games which will make it so that players must cooperate in order to suceed. Well, not mandatory, but it should make the going easier for them.

@John & Retto:
I know, but you have them already, which gives you an edge over the current WBII.

@Beatles:
Don't worry, we understand. I have that Stuy test tomorrow and have been going to all day weekend prep school for a while. We understand what' it's like to be away from the web.

@Beatles:
Well, Karlin said that it was propritery (sp?) and that he would not release the source code. A lot he knows.

@Alcaline/Blackeyes:
It was inevitable. I just thought it would be better if it were organised. Thanks for the compliment.

@Ashyra:
Try both. You'll like them all. (If not, we'll torture you with squigglies and skiffies until you do... [Inside joke, squigglies from Boar at TSR and skiffies from here...])

@Aus:
If the admins want it, anything is possible...
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Badrang the Tyrant

I really can't wait until either come out, but I'm more anxious for FaF.  I've been waiting for it to come out since August....

No offense Beatles...