Real-Time Chat System!

Started by The Beatles, October 22, 2003, 01:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

OK, it's pretty much prototypal and unappealing still. But the UI is good, people are supported (lol), and it's realtime. No other HTML chat can boast realtime-ness. And low-bandwidth-ness. It's like a Java chat but lower bandwidth. So I urge you to check it out.

To do: rooms, sounds, backgrounds, profiles, color schemes, leaving/logoff, etc.
But it works and it's...er... well... usable. For those with low-speed connections, for example. Plus it's got 5 channels through which to post.

so...
http://www.rwcenter.net/
(click on 'Chat')

Riverpaw

Erm...
Erk...
Chat isn't a link...
What did I do wrong?
Direct link, plz?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Veranor

What browser do you have, because on IE6 it is... ?
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

The Beatles

Gen. Volkov

Rather neat that is.. first html chat I've seen that you didn't have to press update on...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Riverpaw

Nice, but something's not working... Erk...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Gen. Volkov

What isn't working?... prolly your browser... it worked fine for me..
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Riverpaw

Quote from: Gen. Volkovprolly your browser...
Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1
Any help?

*ten years later*

Oh.

Veranor

That's why.... It's not very crossbrowser friendly. <3 the Mozilla though... <3 Tabs....
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Gen. Volkov

*Nods agreeing* Definitely the Browser...

The Beatles

Yeah, I'll improve crossbrowserness later, though!
Til then this link should largely almost always work:
http://chat.rwcenter.net/

Riverpaw

Quote from: Veranor<3 the Mozilla though... <3 Tabs....
<3 the fact that Mozilla never crashes the computer and isn't a CPU hog.

*ten years later*

Oh.

Gen. Volkov

Hey.. Netscape and Micrsoft Explorer don't either....

Riverpaw

Quote from: Gen. VolkovHey.. Netscape and Micrsoft Explorer don't either....
Netscape, true, but IE is a real CPU hog. Maybe you just have a good computer.

*ten years later*

Oh.

Gen. Volkov

Yeah.. I suppose I do... course its a school comp.. and it doesn't have much on it.. so that helps...