Imperial and their attacking habits

Started by Holby, October 16, 2003, 02:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Austin

Erm...*coughs* Shael, this part :  Just because Kilk is the leader of Imperial, you bring up a stereotype, immediately recalling his history, and re-labeling him as the "bad guy".

What he did deserves a Ragefur medal for being sneaky or something. It was the type of strategy that a person who wants to be called a bad guy does. At least you guys could have posted something right before, or right after your attacks and state your intentions of annihilating Loren.  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

The Lady Shael

^_^ Heh, that'd be amusing...

"Um, hello everyone. Well, as you know, I'm part of the clan Imperial, and well, we've been planning to reach the top ten, like every other clan in the game for a while, so we're all letting you know we're pummeling Loren tonight. Have a nice day, don't fret too much."

Sorry, that's just what came to my mind when I read that, I know you also said we could've let our intentions be known after the attacks, which I must've mentioned at least once. We're just playing the game, trying to reach the top ten. Loren just happens to be in our way.

You all realize that this is almost perfect timing for a storyline...everyone's dividing up into two sides, hence the Black Ages begin, in a giant, full-scale war...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

General Austin

Oou! That'd be awesomeness.

Shael: I meant post it RIGHT before your first attack, when nobeast would have had time to make a pre-emptive strike, or even to recover. It's not extremely honourable, but it's better than what you did. And still, you should at least tell someone why they're being killed without them having to write about it in the forums.. :(

*claims* I get to be a hero in the upcoming RP!
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

wolf bite

Ah just a point about honor.

When the Blades were making war on Loren, they did not know I was Peaceful Sun Tzu.  But I went on the forums and anounced 24 hours before attacking that they would be fighting Wolf Bite and the members of Slayer.  I did not see it to be honorable to attack others without giving them a fair chance for defending themselfs.  They had 24 hours to get their defences up and knew I was comming for them.  You are right that one would not anounce an attack on an emperor that has a large lead on the game.  But this is not the case.  Loren only slightly bigger then the other clans.  Then even after the attacks, they still deniyed there was a war, in hopes that this would blow over and they could keep their rankings.  It simply was a way to get land from friends.

Sorry, but I still think using the War option for land gain has no honor.  I really don't know why any other clan would defend their actions, for any other clan will be next.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Beatles

Quote from: HolbyCrying? Your attacks were unjustified, I was pointing this out, hoping for support. If I felt like crying, I would. Speaking of crying, you were the one who left this game, only to magically reappear. They treat you like a hero for it. Gosh I dislike this forum's attitudes sometimes.
Yes, that's rather disgusting. Kilk has NOT ONCE been Emperor, at most, rank 2, and that with luck. Yet he's this high-and-mighty Emperor of the Northlands. He's also supposed to be nice and honorable - my left foot. For lack of a stronger word.

Shael - it's you funnily, who are blinded. Holby is trying to make the game better. Look at LRecruit. Kilk is trying to ruin that. Well, blame us if we want to stop Kilk from doing that.

Honor is not a chief virtue in this game. Sadly. Holby, unfortunately has honor. But, this is the important point, he also has skill. Enough skill to beat Imperial with his hands tied behind his back, despite his honor. The two clans are now at war, and I would predict that Imperial will lose.

caedo caelestis

Hey kids, last I checked it wasn't mandatory to give a reason to why you attacked someone.

The Beatles

It's not. Why do we have to give a reason why we are killing you?

The Lady Shael

Because you're not? YOU'RE the ones complaining about us attacking you.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Two groups of peoploe talking about the differant things.  Holby never said anything about attacking being bad or against any rule.  Setting a clan, you have nothing aginst, simply for their land shows the game that that type of clan puts greed above all else.  Such actions are not looked on with favor in this game.

And if is like the beganing of this era.  Kilk put the Blades to war, eventhough he had asked me to make them an ally, simpply for their land.  Then let Winter, also an ally, gain land off the Blade war.  Then sent the ally Winter to war to take that land.  

So, assuming they hold their land, other clans are growing because the are not in this war.  As soon as Loren is to weak to fight back, the next clan will be set to war for the same reason.

This is not against any rule.  But surely the game has a right to know what is going on.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Blackeyes

Liten, we attacked you fell, we rose, that's the point of the game, no more discussion needed.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Kilkenne

Fine, you know what? This is one of the reasons why I left. This game should be RWL:DQ; Redwall: Warlords, Drama Queens, because all you people do is piss and moan when someone comes out and beats you. Good job you losers, go cry because you got beaten. I play the game so I can attempt to get to number one, which has all but twice been taken from me, and even when I have gotten there, I've had it less than 10 minutes each time. Screw it, I'm out again, this is (Note to all: I am a fool), I'm on the top rung of this game, playing wise, but if someone gets beaten, they just go cry on the forums to drum up support. (F word) this, this is why tarsonis (f word)ing left. I don't care anymore.

And remember Loren members, the more you (B WORD) and CRY, the more gets done.  

Gen. Volkov

Yeah.. seriously... quit whinig and counterattack... I just got 21 times by an Horde called NWA, but I didn't come  on here and whine about it.. I just went and kicked his behind.... problem solved... no offens of course.. and I know it was more than 21.. but still.. just counterattack.. you should still be able to kick some behind... he lost stuff too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Kilkenne

Oh well. I didn't even retal their feeble retals. I just sent all my (Note to all: I am a fool) to Peace Alliance, then tried a few half-strength attacks on Holby, then dropped the land and died. I'll be checking the forums every once in a while, I suppose. Just to yell at you guys, and I might play in the new expansion, I want to see what that's like, and thrash all the whiners.

The Beatles

You've never been good at this, have you? A mark of a good player is not quitting. Holby is a good player, you don't measure up.
We've only been justifying pounding you lot. So you lot gave up. Big deal, right?
Look, I would have respected you more, had you played and lost honorably. Taking a little land and deleting is no measure of losing honorably. That's a cowardly way to lose.
Look, I didn't want to insult you. But you're not endearing yourself or earning respect with deleting and coming back a few months later periodically. Then accuse us of rallying support when you want people fawning over your 'achievements' - which don't exist.
I don't care, smash me now all you like, but as far as I'm concerned, what's done is done, and we've won yet again. Who cares if you deleted? Did that make you a winner? No.

[edit] Gee, hope your wrist gets better.
And don't take this personally, I may have (don't know for sure, of course) responded differently had Holby not been my friend, or not have led Loren. Y'know?

Kilkenne

The thing was, I didn't take land and delete. I just deleted to avoid further controversy. If I wanted to, I could have easily attacked and got all my land back with the 400 turns I had, I'm trying to make a point that people who compain about attacks in a game based on attacks are just wrong in doing that, more so than the ambushers. Just think about it.

My 'achievements' I justified to you on AIM when discussed. I've achieved enough in this game to be worthy of praise, but no one has been after me saying I'm the best or anything. Not by any means. But everyone can agree I'm usually the highest one to be using the Northlands effectively, mainly due to my lack of leaders and many troop strategy.