Can't login to Reg.

Started by Deathclaw, October 14, 2003, 08:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathclaw

Every time I try to log in to the regular server, i get the security violation message. Any ideas why I'm having this trouble logging in?
Glory, Glory, Man United!

caedo caelestis

Bookmarked an internal page?

Sun Jian

I dunno.....Maybe what Caedo said.....interesting,I sign in perfectly fine... :huh:  
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

The Lady Shael

I can't log into ANY Promisance on this comp. I still dunno what's wrong...I get the security violation error message too. It's been this way ever since Boze's server crashed, I think.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

Maybe it's because you smell, bro...

Haven't seen you for a while, how've you been?!  ;)  

Abby The Rat

Has anyone tried logging in, via Main Page click main (on RWL not VI)and then try logging in that way?
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

caedo caelestis

Try clearing IE cache through internet options.

Dead Eye

Shael, Jason. Same thing has happened on my dads comp since day one of me joining RWL. I can not play any of promisance game. VI, RWL, Duels. Anything. Retto has tried fixing it again and again. Luckily I have a computer at my moms.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

The Lady Shael

I already tried clearing my cache, and that didn't work, and neither does logging in from the main page. It might have something to do with cookies. Maybe. I have no clue. I can't stay logged in half the time on the forums either. But other forums, like ezboard, Conforums, the Terrouge forums and then Neopets and other sites all work perfectly. It seems to be all the Promisances, VI, LiveJournal, and the IBF's I have for my Databases where I can't get in or stay logged in.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Mark

I'm haveing the same, more or less, problem.  Y'see I can log into the turbo, but once I click any other page it gives me that security violation...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

The Lady Shael

I used to be able to do that too, on Reg, log into the main menu, but get an error for any other page. But now I can't even log in...

Veranor

Quote from: MarkI'm haveing the same, more or less, problem.  Y'see I can log into the turbo, but once I click any other page it gives me that security violation...
That's because of how the servers and domains are set up. Basically depending on which login address you use, you may or may not be able to get to anywhere except the main menu.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Mark

Is there anyway I can fix this problem?  I'm afriad I might lose my account...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

bjornredtail

I think we can safely elminate cookies, I intentionally blocked all cookies from ROVL.org, and didn't get the security violation error. I did get the 'not logged in' error though.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

caedo caelestis

Quote from: nevadacowI think we can safely elminate cookies, I intentionally blocked all cookies from ROVL.org, and didn't get the security violation error. I did get the 'not logged in' error though.
Thats because the game uses cookies to know what account your logged in as. Disabling would result in you not "staying" logged in, since the script would not detect the login cookie and therefore give you the 'not logged in' error.