RWL: Black Ages Expansion

Started by Retto, October 14, 2003, 03:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I think this will be interesting, I'll look forward too this...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

wolf bite

And think of the damage done to the guy you are attacking when he comes on line and his workers are gone.  He will have no income. It may take him a bit before he can get his act back together.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Abby The Rat

~likes to point out that he never brothered with workers ever since the second age.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Gen. Volkov

Oooo cool... *Thinks on Wolf's comment... is probably gonna do that alot... train of thought derails* Hey wait... how can you have ermines AND stoats..... they're the same thing aren't they???
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

bjornredtail

A bit of a correction to the topic starting post: The code that Retto refirs to is not known as IBF code, in fact it has been around since before IBF's limited implementation of it. The correct term would be UBBC code.

Will we have the ability to post self updateing tables within our news and crier? Implementation of self updateing wouldn't be all that hard, just subsutate a code for a variable when the printing the page (though that would mean getting into the database to get the information).
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Blackeyes

Quote from: nevadacowA bit of a correction to the topic starting post: The code that Retto refirs to is not known as IBF code, in fact it has been around since before IBF's limited implementation of it. The correct term would be UBBC code.

Will we have the ability to post self updateing tables within our news and crier? Implementation of self updateing wouldn't be all that hard, just subsutate a code for a variable when the printing the page (though that would mean getting into the database to get the information).
^^^^^^^^^^^And this ladies and gentlemen, is why I am not a computer nerd!!! ^^^^^^^
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Riverpaw

Quote from: Blackeyes**removed for brevity during requoting, quote from Nev**

^^^^^^^^^^^And this ladies and gentlemen, is why I am not a computer nerd!!! ^^^^^^^
Well I am, so you can't critisize it. Besides, we wouldn't ever have RWL or TSR or even Terrouge without us nerds, so there.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Mark

Quote from: Riverpaw
Quote from: Blackeyes**removed for brevity during requoting, quote from Nev**

Well I am, so you can't critisize it. Besides, we wouldn't ever have RWL or TSR or even Terrouge without us nerds, so there.
You wanna go see cumputer nerdies?  here is a whole load o' them.  Me brother's there...*sighs*...it's sad...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Riverpaw

Quote from: MarkYou wanna go see cumputer nerdies?  here is a whole load o' them.  Me brother's there...*sighs*...it's sad...
QuoteNot Found
The requested URL /forums/ was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.19 Server at www.idevgames.com Port 80

And you misspelled "computer".
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

~>John<~

now that is sad, computer being spelled wrong
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Blackeyes

Hey, it obviuosly shows he's not a nerd.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

wolf bite

I push buttons on the flat thing, move around the round thing that fits under my hand and then things happen on the lit up thingy in fount of me.  I don?t need to know any more about computers.  (remembers his Commodore 32 and waiting in line to play ?Pong?)

Now back to the topic in this forum so that we don't wonder around aimlessly.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ashyra Nightwing

Oooh.... workers. Interesting. I've never bothered with workers though..

~>John<~

well, if you can hold them, tis good, but will that change how many workers can be on a acre of land?
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Retto

Gambling

So...we've said that the Lottery will work for the expansion. But it works better than currently. Even if it worked now, each ticket has a low probability of winning, and as time goes on, there becomes less and less of a chance that /anyone/ will win.

The new lotto fixes that - 75% of the time, someone definately wins - one of the tickets is selected randomly. the other 25% of the time, it works as mentioned before (each ticket with a 1/(3*Total Players) chance)

But wait - there's more. We've added another section onto the gambling - skiff races. Entering skiff races takes a modest amount of troops, which increases based on your rank. Then, all players can bet on who will win the races. Each time you win, you have a larger chance of winning the next time (with diminishing returns, of course). The pool is then divided among those who placed bets (80%), and the winning team (20%)
The 'ittle otter,
Retto