RWL: Black Ages Expansion

Started by Retto, October 14, 2003, 03:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

The Expansion

The goal of the expansion is to take RWL: DEX, and add another dimensionality of game play, to add the ability for more vetran users to be more challenged, while still maintaining a moderate level of game-knowledge for beginning players.

The main way we're going to do that is by a spiffy thing which you will find out about the day we release. By no means should you consider the information we're giving now to be the extent of the changes - we've got about 30 new things, large and small.

Help me!

Part of the way that we'll be improving the game is, as we've promised in every expansion, a better help system. In contrast to a short addendum to the current help, we're creating a searchable database of information which is integrated into the game. Tips throughought the pages can clue you in to strategies and short cuts that can give you the edge. The "Basic" section of the help database will explain how things work in general, while an "Advanced" section will show equations and the specifics of how the game works. You may not have the source for reference, but this will hopefully alleviate some of those issues.

Some IBF Code

Ever wanted to make your messages formatted better? with bold text, italics, and the like? The expansion includes a few of the most popular IBF codes, which go a long way towards improving your ability to express yourself.

Clan Ranking

Who really is the best clan? Who is the most powerful, most influencial? A new Clan Ranking system, which updates thrice weekly, measures the top players by nearly 20 different categories of different weight, and gives points to their clan depending on their rank in the categories. Clans also get points for each clan which has marked them as allies.

When? When?

Black Ages will begin in about two weeks. We've got a lot of our ideas put in, and right now we're going through and ironing out bugs so that we can release it as bug-free as RWL: DEX is currently (or close to it).

Is this the last you'll hear of the new features? By no means, we will tell of at least four new parts to the Expansion within the next two weeks, all of which are significant new additions. We're really saving the two coolest things (in my mind) until you actually get into the game to enjoy them...but the stuff in the next two weeks, as well as the stuff above, are very nice additions.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Blackeyes

Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Veranor

Sounds neat... I hate cliffhangers...
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

General Austin

In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Dead Eye

Way to make it sound awesome then leave us hanging. And nice name!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Ashyra Nightwing

Yes! YAY for Retto! Only two weeks? Wow...

*excited*

Scarwake

WHOO!!!!  HOORAHHH for the Admins!!!  *tosses Confetti*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Blackeyes

*Tosses enriched white bread*

calria

I LOVE YOU RETTO!!!

*throws wildabeasts in the air*

Abby The Rat

Some of you were worried that there will the less interaction with other warlords with thing to make peacefulness easy... I will tell you that there is more interaction going to happen between warlords.... and I'm not going to tell you how...

[input evil laugh here]
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

calria

*stares*

Eeee... this must be really really big... he won't even tell me, and he tells me everything.

(All he'll tell me is that Retto told him specifically not to tell me anything. *sob*)

The Lady Shael

The suspense is killing me...but what you've told us so far sounds great! *can hardly wait*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

I think we should make Retto stay up day and night and finish it in a week instead of two!

Peace Alliance

*starres blankly at the screen*

I... Am... Amazed.....

*falls over*

*Gets up and tosses Cal in the air*
Thats how those wildabeasts feel when you do it to them!! <_<  

Blackeyes

Lol, this will be great!!!