Question for top ranked people

Started by Gen. Volkov, October 12, 2003, 05:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I have a question about the top ranked people.. how do they support they're huge networth and armies on so little land?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sun Jian

hmm......Well,i've been in that position,there is the storing strat which you can use and after you have anough cash and food,you atatck all around you and lose much much food and money,yet you now have the land to support your networth. :D  
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

wolf bite

Hehe, lots of ways.  Net worth is not always related to how strong you are.  I have looked land fat in the past and been much stronger then those around me.  Food adds a lot to net. Retto, 2nd place, is all foragers and is a peaceful farmer.  Also some stratagies sell all their troups before using turns, then buying out their mercs at the end for a high defence and net worth. this is done with the money saved by not paying for the armies when useing the turns.  In Short, there are a LOT of ways to play this game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

calria

It all circulates around math...
I'm currently about halfway through making programs on my TI-83 that will give me instant output of whatever I want to calculate for the game... unfortunately, my algebra class assignments keep erasing it!

Riverpaw

Quote from: calriaunfortunately, my algebra class assignments keep erasing it!
I'm not sure whether that's supposed to be funny, but if it's serious, try looking for a computer program. I use one called GraphCalc, but its graphing functions are a bit of a memory/CPU hog. I'm looking for others. Oh, and just in case: LOL!
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

calria

Errr... half and half, really.

I know there's an RWL calculator somewhere (I think it's even bookmarked on my computer) but I'm too lazy to use it...

caedo caelestis

Quote from: Gen. VolkovI have a question about the top ranked people.. how do they support they're huge networth and armies on so little land?
They have no army and lots of food.

Checkerpaw

But if they have no army, how can they stay in the top ten?  They would all be sitting ducks!
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Veranor

Guards? Allies? Sharing Forces?
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Ashyra Nightwing

Foodness. Foodness is good. Verrrry good. *nods* You can support a huge amount of NW on very little land if you have food.

wolf bite

Quote from: CheckerpawBut if they have no army, how can they stay in the top ten?  They would all be sitting ducks!
Maybe so.  But then all that food can be turned fast into a large army that can do damage in a big way.  Thus back to the top again.

4,000,000,000 food sold at $10 each = 40 billion cash.  40 Billion cash can buy 88,000,000 rats (if your mercs are high enough).

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Blackeyes

Heh, you all took my ideas lol.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

caedo caelestis

Quote from: CheckerpawBut if they have no army, how can they stay in the top ten?  They would all be sitting ducks!
Why would you hit someone with less than 20k land and take a 3% military loss?

wolf bite

Exactly! Someone decides to attack me and they take 20 shots with armies, I will not drop in the ranks because of my food.  They will spend 200 turns (including health) and gain less then 4,000 land, they will lose a % of their army with each attack, and maybe a penelty too.  I then come on and use my great leader ratio to posion and murder them, then either use leaders or buy armies and take my land back from a bigger person with a lot less turns.  So I am back to where I started with useing 40 to 80 turns.  They on the other hand have wasted 200 turns, did not keep the land, and have their economy messed up for weeks.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

But doesn't it take time to buy those armies? and if you lose all your land.. don't you die?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES