I See Dumb People

Started by TR Shadow, October 09, 2003, 07:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR Shadow

This was an actual conversation between me and a lady at Dary Queen about those little things filled with water that you drop a quarter in to win a free lunch.  (I swear those things are impossible!)

Me: So you drop the quarter in and you get the lunch free if you can catch it on those little platforms, right?

Lady: Yes.

Me: Do I get the quarter back if I win?

Lady: No.

Me: So where does it go?

Lady: To a charity.

Me: So I don't get it back?

Lady: No.

Me: Then the lunch isn't free, is it?

Lady: Yes, it's free.

Me: But you have to pay for it.

Lady: No you don't!

Me: Twenty-five cents!

Lady: You don't have to pay.

Me: But you have to drop a quarter in.

Lady: Yes.

Me: So how is the lunch free?

Lady: You don't have to pay.

Me: Yes you do, you pay a quarter.

Lady: But the quarter goes to charity.

Me: So?  You have to pay a quarter or else you can't get a free lunch.

Lady: Are you going to order or not?

Me: Yes, I'll take a Butterfinger Blizzard.

Lady: Will that be all?

Me: Well, I'll take a quarter with that sense a quarter obviously isn't a type of currency.

Lady: Get a life.

Feel free to discuss the previous information.

~This was a pointless post by Julie

Dead Eye

HAHAHAHAHA. That was possibley the best converstaion I have seen in RWL forums. No admin or mod send that to the spam thing. It wasnt spam. It was comedy!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

calria

Hehe! I *love* that!

hmmm... I'm bored and there's a Dairy Queen two blocks from here... too bad it's raining!

Aminrael

Eheh. Sounds amusing. Reminds me of the time Deb and I started screaming at the ordering post outside of Wendys. *misty eyes* Ahh, the memories.

Julie, you should have told off the lady for telling you to get a life. I don't think "get a life" fits in with their policy of "We're here to serve you!"
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

Riverpaw

Erm... Yiss...
Reminds me of Jake's so-called 10 Easy Steps to Rid Yourself of Telemarketers Forever the Fun Way...
#3. Make no sense. Use backwards logic and ask for something repetitively.
Get the point?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Menatus

So, you don't support charity?

Scarwake

Omg!!  How dareth she say that!  Nobody tells customers to get a life!!  *chucks a rock at Dairy Queen Lady*  

Oh, I won a free blizzard on that one thingy, but I paid a dime or something like since its not free because it goes to charity and all...

But still, those people are trained to love to see us smile.....aren't they???  Or wait was that McDonald's??  Anywhoo...I think we should meet each other and go to that Dairy Queen and start pestering that lady by asking questions!!!  CHARGE!!!!
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Aminrael

That's McDonalds, TJ. "We love to see you smile" but Dairy Queen had this thing going on about "let us know if the cashier made you smile!"
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

Peace Alliance

Mcdonalds has changed they're slogan. Its now "i'm lovin it" spelt with NO capitals and indorsed by justin [edited] timperlake. GRRR!! i HATE the media!!

[Bad Peace, no cussing.]

Menatus

Just pay the (I am so stupid it quarter to help poor children or people with cancer.

My dad always wins those things, which is good for me because he's a vegiterian and a lot of the stuff they give out at places is meaty. :)

calria

Yummmm extra food!
...I'm hungry.

Peace Alliance

I always thought they spelled it Dairy Queen... but maybe i'm just dumb.

::agrees:: bling bling ::agrees::  

Abby The Rat

My... all theses talks about food... ~blindfood Sarah, is here to help~
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Dixie Ros?

Go anyway. I like the rain.
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Mark

That was really funny, Julie...I never win at those things, although I wasted ten bucks once on one...(j/k)
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?