A dull pounding from the north...

Started by Kilkenne, October 05, 2003, 09:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

ooc: Like whoa. Things just got better...^_^

bic:

After the stoat left, Shael reached out a shaking paw for the armlet. Somehow, in the back of her mind, she knew this was going to happen. But she definitely didn't feel prepared for it. She closed her eyes, trying to control her breathing, and straighten out her racing thoughts.

The female weasel's eyes opened, and rose to meet Kilk's, a slow smile on her face. "I accept." She took a tentative step closer to him. "There is no other for whom I would accept an agreement like this." She studied him to see his reaction.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

Ashyra's eyes narrowed. "Equally matched, eh? Die fighting each other? My skiffs are more numerous than you think, Dead Eye... And I serve only myself. I've never served an Emperor or Empress before, and I do not intend to.. But I shall travel to the northlands to speak to you in person... and maybe have a word to this weasel who considers himself so far above me..."

The wildcat wrapped her thick winter cloak around her. It was cold in the Northlands, far colder than she'd ever imagined. She raised a gloved paw and tapped three times on the huge oaken door. She stepped back and looked up. Far above her she could see the battlements of the wall. How nice it would be to live here...

Dead Eye

Dead Eye jumped as as he heard John screaming orders. He listened. So John was already beginning on his plan. Dead Eye got up from his bed and put on his armor and took both rapiers. He walked out into the hall way to see Johns army marching away. He saw John waving them away and Dead Eye came up from behind him and whispered.

"What a grand army John..." he whisspered. He noticed a little flinch from John. "No worry John. I will not fight you. Not under the roof of Kilk any ways. Get breakfast with me?" But before John could answer Dead Eye saw a giant sight. Ashyra's army was moving, almost 100 feet by. He gribbed his rapiers.

"Some one open the gates. Tell Lady Ashyra to leave her troops outside and only bring in her captains. Tell her myself and the other leaders will wait for her" he yelled to 2 soldiers. Then he turned to John "Shall we?"
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Kilkenne

----------------------------
His ears heard the movement of the large number of troops, but it didn't register in his brain. To say the truth, lights were flashing and a voice was yelling "HOORAY FOR KILK! WOOOOOOO! HOORAY FOR KILK!" in his head, but his face did not seem to convey this, as a simple, but warm smile spread across his features. He made to embrace the weasel, and did, but after a moment of silence he whispered;

"You've made me incredibly happy. Now I know why I was sent back. I hear a large force outside, I'm sure you have too. Do you wish to attend to such manners, or do you have any other ideas?" The ferret inquired.

~>John<~

OOC: I prefer yelling, not screaming. I'm not a girl.

John pointed to the main Citadel. "I must meet with Kilk. We must discuss our plans tp take over Mossflowe. Needless to say I wish your armies were helping me fight the resistors for a quick and easy kill, but......anyways, If Mossflower is to be my domain I must make myself a presence there. Your place is at the seas. I suppose Kilk will be with shael now, won't he? They'll be getting married before we know it, eh Dead Eye?" John said, chuckling. "I suppose we could have our breakfast in there, though.  Come on then." And with that he walked towards the hall.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

The Lady Shael

OOC: "Do you have any other ideas?" <------ ^_^

BIC:

Shael rested her head on his shoulder in the embrace as she listened to him whispering. She replied, "We may as well. So much has happened today, but we should tend to this first." She laid her head on her shoulder again in the silence. Shael looked up again, leaning back a little. "Let's go."
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Ashyra Nightwing

Ashyra watched as a weasel opened the door to the fortress.
"Milady! Leave your army outside the gates! Just bring in your generals!" he shouted.
Ashyra turned to the rat standing beside her. He produced handed over a sword, a huge claymore. The wildcat swung the sword belt over her shoulder and buckled it. Ashyra, Zephyria and Vreddle stepped through the gates to Kilk's castle. They closed behind them with an ominous clang.
"Ash, I don't like this much..." whispered Zephyria.
"It'll be fine... But it seems too quiet for the thriving citadel that I was told of.." replied Ashyra. It was true. The place seemed almost deserted, but maybe that was just because of the cold weather. Whatever the reason, it was still unnerving.

Dead Eye

Dead Eye ran to greet them. He shook the captains hands and then bowed low to Ashyra.

"My lady, you look more beautifull and Crueler then ever. May you take my hand and I will give you a tour of my masters castle and hopefully we shall find Lady Shael" Dead Eye extended his hand.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&#039;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&#039; target=&#039;_blank&#039;&gt;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Spokesperson for The winter clan. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Kilkenne

(OOC: Hehe, thought that'd be funny to add...)
---------------------------------------
He stared at her eyes for a short moment, then kissed her softly on the temple and reluctantly let go.

"I'll be with you in moments, make your way to the front gate if you wish, they should be in by now, milady..."

Kilkenne sidled off up a staircase, coming back down in a few moments wearing a new crimson cloak, trimmed with the fur of white squirrel, with a matching crimson scabbard for a small short sword on his belt. He had left his trademark scimitar upstairs in his chamber, preferring the short sword to move about better with. When about to turn a corner, he looked two ways, and then took a right where there was no right turn, ducking behind a tapestry, he walked along a narrow hallway to a window, which he unlatched and stepped through, making his way around the keep towards the main gate, fixated on the now busy part of the citadel, with captains and their masters moving about. He trotted briskly over to Deadeye and the one he hadn't yet made the aquaintance of.

"Greetings, welcome to the Citadel of the Mark. I am Kilkenne, the master of these Northern reaches, how may I assist you, or is this the business of yourself, Deadeye?" He inquired, grinning to Deadeye as he talked, as to show him that his formality was really only a front.

~>John<~

John ran up to Kilk, interrupting his conversation with Dead Eye and someone who could only be Ashyra, "Lord, we have established ourselves in Mossflower. The Companions of Kigght are dead....They thought that their fool clan could save them, so I just attacked them by surpise. Should I keep the troops moving?"
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Ashyra Nightwing

Ashyra smiled, but did not shake hands.
"I'm here concerning the little matter of my skiffs... And also, Dead Eye told me to come. Something about... what was it? Ah, yes, serving the Emperor and Empress of the North? Empress? I know you're the so-called Emperor, but I've heard nothing of an Empress... Oh, yes. I am Ashyra Nightwing. Pentephraxis Legion? Ruler of the High Seas? I'm sure you know me."

The Lady Shael

Shael hurried outside, looking around for the newcomers. She spotted them by the gate after a short moment, adjusted her sword and tunic, straightened her cape, and strolled over to them.

She took her place next to Kilk, acknowledging John and DeadEye with a nod, and turned to the newcomer after she finished speaking. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ashyra. The Pentephraxis Legion does sound familiar. I haven't heard much about it, since my horde usually roams the southeastern lands, but from what I have heard, I'd be proud to have you as an ally."

She paused. "I'm sorry, I should've introduced myself first. I'm Shael Varonne, Commander of the Daughters of Delor. This happened only recently, so I didn't expect the news to reach far, but I am the Empress of the North." she said quietly but very distinctly. "Kilk here," she turned and smiled up at him, "just appointed me today."

Dead Eye

Dead Eye bowed to Shael, then turned to Ashyra "I have asked Ashyra to come here so that she may see the splender of the North. And so she and I may talk about who is to rule the seas. As I stated Ashyra, I wish to rule with you, not against you. Please let us rule the seas, so that no harm comes to us. We can prosper together. Kilk has named me Grand Admiral of the Seas, but you as Queen of the Seas deserve to have some input."
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&#039;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&#039; target=&#039;_blank&#039;&gt;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Spokesperson for The winter clan. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Kilkenne

(OOC: Pikepaw, if you came before the first era, you won't understand, I am the most effective all-Northland player ever. Stop doing stuff like this, and I'm punishing you now for it.)
-------------------------------------
He looked appraisingly at Ashyra, nodding to her, not saying anything, but as he was about to speak, a captain bustled over and whispered something in his ear. A cruel smile played across his features as the guard ran off towards the barracks.

He turned back to Ashyra, "Ah yes. Shael is my Empress,  but your business is with Deadeye, I have other matters to attend to quickly, I will rejoin you in a moment."

His soldiers were pouring out of the barracks by the hundreds, swarming the grounds, three hundred all told, just a simple night guard, an elite core of soldiers, followed by two hundred general archers, who were later to get out, as they were stringing their bows and filling quivers.

The Ferret followed the captain who had returned to their other "new arrival" He stopped about 10 feet short of the crippled creature and addressed him. "No Emperor, eh? You must have been born before my first coming. The black cross has flown across these lands since long ago, wretch. You will not come here and talk to, or about myself like that, unless you are to say it to me. There are millions in this region who owe their lives to myself, my cause, and my struggle. Though some are free, the majority are not, and that is how it is enjoyed." He looked up towards the battlements, with the archers taking positions and notching arrows to their strings, all looking down on the path, ready to slaughter the usurper's feathered friends. Upon closer inspection, a circle of soldiers had formed around the cripple, their shining armour glowing magnificently as their shields and short swords formed a barrier arround the two and the last captain.

Kilkenne smirked. "As I just said. The rule is accepted." His eyes narrowed. "If you don't want that, we may snuff you out now, your few birds are not a match for what I have left in my barracks, or even what is outside. They await my command." The ferret gestured to the archers, and a slow smile played across his features.

~>John<~

John watched as Kilk marched off, and also as Dead Eye and Ashyra walked leisurely through the gardens. He sniffed, thinking to himself what a waste the port s were going to be, but then reminded himself that he would control them too could make some skiffs for a war bearing fleet. He smiled at that, Himself attacking Dead Eye in secret raids. Not likely. "Shael, if you would, you are the closest to Kilk, and I was wondering what new developments there are.....since you were already the empress....what is going on?"

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome