I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Started by The Beatles, October 05, 2003, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

Yeah...er or is this more appropriate for Spa 101? Thing is I'll forget about it there.

The Lady Shael

Well, if people actually discuss the suggested topic, it isn't considered spam, so for now, here it stays.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

I've never head it..  so I looked up the lyrics..

Beatles, The
Abbey Road (1969)
I want you ( she's so heavy )

I want you, I want you so bad
It's driving me mad, it's driving me mad

I want you, I want you so bad babe

I want you, I want you so bad babe

She's so heavy
Heavy, heavy, heavy

She's so heavy
She's so heavy, heavy, heavy

I want you, you know I want you so bad babe
I want you, you know I want you so bad
It's driving me mad, it's driving me mad yeah

She's so...

kinda repetitive..  ok, really repetitive, but, I've never heard it..  some songs can be repetitive and be good...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

General Austin

Ew. That sounds icky... I say it is dumb, but eh, I'm not a good music-critic.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Veranor

#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

General Austin

adj. Informal ick?i?er, ick?i?est

Disagreeably sticky: icky candy.
Offensive; distasteful: icky sentimentality

:rolleyes:  

Veranor

ahahaha.... you're so funny, you make CATS cry...
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Mark

Hmm, Aus is right...wouldn't ber surprised if it was HJ guy again...*stares at the song*
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

General Austin

ROFL! It's time you knew.

I edited my post from "Bad. Sexual. BAD."
To what I have now, because he made a sarcastic remark:

"I should have known. (Scarcastic smilie)"

So he edited his also. VERY funny! Although I dunno 'bout cats crying...sounds...Icky. j/k!

back to the topic, who is HJ?

The Beatles

Yeah, who's HJ?
The song is repetitive but good. Of course, I know many better Beatles songs... this just seems to be floating through my head.
Where's Holby?

Veranor

I Want You (She's So Heavy) is an excellent song. It is repetitive but I mean, it's difficult when a song is 7 minutes long. If you've listened to it, you'll notice that the end is cut off in a strange way, and it definately shows the big split between Side 1 and Side 2 of Abbey Road. As their last recorded album the structure of it is interesting. As opposed to The White Album where most of the songs were seperated and done by one of the Beatles with the support of all the others, Abbey Road has both types. On side 1 most of the songs are like in The White Album. However on side 2, most of the songs have two or more lead vocals. For example "Because", "Carry That Weight", "You Never Give Me Your Money".

This is an interesting effect, and as such I Want You (She's So Heavy)'s die effect at the end is very neat and shows how different each side is.

I really like "Carry That Weight," and "You Never Give Me Your Money" and how they work together. The End is great as well. Also another first-rate song on that is Here Comes The Sun. It's quite possibly one of their best songs about nature, then again there's Dear Prudence.

Oh Darling is also one exceptional McCartney song.

EDIT:

I think Ringo's only drum solo is in The End, so that's pretty neat too.

EDIT2: I need a larger vocabulary (I edited some of the greats)
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Menatus

Pink Floyd

I don't really like Abbey Road -- though, granted, it's a great album.  I think Sergeant Pepper, Revolver and the White album are much better. . .  Especially White Album.  Though "Only Sleeping" on Revolver is really good.  White album has some of their best suff: "Reveloution," "Piggies," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," "Cry Baby, Cry," as well as "Happiness is a Warm Gun."  However, I think the best is "I'm so tired." -- That is really, really good.  And "Piggies" is much more than it appears to be, really quite brilliant.  Question, does anyone here like Pink Floyd?

Holby

:) I listened to some of their stuff on a link you gave me, but nyot really like.  
I will not deleted this

Veranor

Quote from: Pink FloydI don't really like Abbey Road -- though, granted, it's a great album.  I think Sergeant Pepper, Revolver and the White album are much better. . .  Especially White Album.  Though "Only Sleeping" on Revolver is really good.  White album has some of their best suff: "Reveloution," "Piggies," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," "Cry Baby, Cry," as well as "Happiness is a Warm Gun."  However, I think the best is "I'm so tired." -- That is really, really good.  And "Piggies" is much more than it appears to be, really quite brilliant.  Question, does anyone here like Pink Floyd?
Pink Floyd is good. I mean I don't actively seek it out to listen to it, but if someone put it on or something I wouldn't mind.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org