A little bit of forgotten history...

Started by The Lady Shael, October 01, 2003, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

*laughs* I didn't even remember I had this saved from my old, ancient comp, which I no longer have. (Thank goodness.) I can't say even an estimate to what the date of this chat is, but it must've been old, because of the following reasons:

1. I'm talking to Shytalon, for goodness' sake. He's an OLD member of RWL. (He's Tiberuvsky at Terrouge)
2. We actually mentioned DI.
3. We're talking about Griever.
4. We talk about my old clan, ROM.
5. EO appears to have been the most popular clan then.
6. This was before these particular forums were created.
7. Raine (Vengerak) was obviously not well-known, THE Raine Valthurak was a /newbie/ when this chat took place...
8. Omega was the notorious warlord during this period of time. (Wow, it wasn't Fenix...^_^) Badbranch was the troublemaker on the forums.
9. And so much other things...

To explain the first part, Griever, who was a single-digiter in the First Era, had started playing RWL again under a different name, and told me who she really was when she joined ROM. Shy was trying to guess who she was. And another note, this was at the RFF chat room. Me and Shy had many chats in there...*nod*

What gets me is that this is a chat between RWLers, and we're actually conversing this long about RWL. See how sane we were back then? *reads through chat* I'm now guessing it's about in late Nov/anytime in December. Partly because of all the accounts we mentioned and stuff. But I'm surprised how much RWL history was mentioned here...even I forgot some of these things...and what in the world was I thinking when I saved this chat?!?

Shys Many Ghosts:: Please tell...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Please?
Jessie Oakshade:: Well....
Shys Many Ghosts:: *grovels*
Jessie Oakshade:: I don't know...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Has she posted yet?
Jessie Oakshade:: Oh yes..
Jessie Oakshade:: Definitely.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Hmm... I'll be right back, then... J
essie Oakshade:: You can't find out from just her posts....
Jessie Oakshade:: I didn't even have a clue until she told me...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Oh? i think I'll be able to...
Jessie Oakshade:: Really?
Jessie Oakshade:: What makes you think that?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Yup...
Shys Many Ghosts:: I'm pretty good at empathy...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Thinking what others are thinking...
Jessie Oakshade:: *raises eyebrow*
Shys Many Ghosts:: I'll be able to recognze her...
Jessie Oakshade:: *rolls eyes* Good luck.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Hee... thanks...
Jessie Oakshade:: I warn you though, she hasn't made very many posts.
Shys Many Ghosts:: I figured..
Jessie Oakshade:: So unlike griever....
Shys Many Ghosts:: Oh well...
Jessie Oakshade:: You gave up?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Nope..
Jessie Oakshade:: Why'd you say, "Oh well"?
Shys Many Ghosts:: That it was unlike her...
Jessie Oakshade:: Ah.
Jessie Oakshade:: Found it yet, Shy?
Shys Many Ghosts:: I think so...
Jessie Oakshade:: Who?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Hmm...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Gregh... too many newbs....
Jessie Oakshade:: Heh...
Jessie Oakshade:: Yes?
Shys Many Ghosts:: I'm gonna go off on a limb here Anon? This is a bad guess... I was oing other things before i started searching...
Jessie Oakshade:: *grins* Nope.
Shys Many Ghosts:: You said she has posted?
Jessie Oakshade:: Yes.
Jessie Oakshade:: Definitely.
Jessie Oakshade:: She's posted a couple times on the Discussion board, I think.
Jessie Oakshade:: The rest must be clan forum posts.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Vengerak?
Jessie Oakshade:: Nope, but that's a good guess.
Shys Many Ghosts:: That was my gut feeling...
Jessie Oakshade:: Well, your gut is wrong.
Shys Many Ghosts:: *looks down* Umm... I did have some weird tasting green tacoes...
Jessie Oakshade:: Ew?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Graydge
Jessie Oakshade:: Nope.
Jessie Oakshade:: Want a clue?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Maybe...
Jessie Oakshade:: Yes or no?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Yeah... sure...
Jessie Oakshade:: Her forum name and horde name are the same.
Jessie Oakshade:: *grins* This is fun....
Shys Many Ghosts:: *Thwaps self*
Jessie Oakshade:: Two people know now...
Jessie Oakshade:: Come on, Shy...
Shys Many Ghosts:: What?
Jessie Oakshade:: Hurry up guessing...
Jessie Oakshade:: Wow, I'm looking around the forums....she's really making sure no one knows who she is....
Shys Many Ghosts:: She is?
Jessie Oakshade:: Of course!
Shys Many Ghosts:: Wait a sec... how new is this name?
Jessie Oakshade:: Give me a sec...
Jessie Oakshade:: Her forum account was made in November.
Shys Many Ghosts:: That really narrows it down...
Jessie Oakshade:: I know...
Jessie Oakshade:: I'm making it /way/ too easy for you...
Shys Many Ghosts:: I was being sarcastic...
Jessie Oakshade:: I know...
Jessie Oakshade:: Okay, she's older than Deathbrush.
Jessie Oakshade:: And newer than Newsboys.
Jessie Oakshade:: Oh, that wasn't much either, was it?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Grr...
Jessie Oakshade:: *smiles* Sorry...
Jessie Oakshade:: She has more posts than Bloodclaw, and less posts than me.
Jessie Oakshade:: *sustains laughter*
Shys Many Ghosts:: Grr... *thwaps*
Jessie Oakshade:: Okay, okay, she has less posts than Black Claw.
Jessie Oakshade:: That help?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Didn't I already say Shin...
Jessie Oakshade:: No....
Jessie Oakshade:: You haven't.
Shys Many Ghosts:: That's it?
Jessie Oakshade:: Yep.
Jessie Oakshade:: Feel proud of yourself.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Hmm... I kept thinking that but the name was too...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Not Griever...
Jessie Oakshade:: Notice she didn't put an e-mail...
Shys Many Ghosts:: And i didn't think she was part of ROM...
Jessie Oakshade:: Well, she is.
Shys Many Ghosts:: See... that's what got me...
Jessie Oakshade:: I was surprised how familiar she was with the game.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Huh... DI is gone..
Jessie Oakshade:: And she was saying that she could have easily destroyed Omega with er previous account in the ROM forum...
Shys Many Ghosts:: How strange...
Jessie Oakshade:: I know..
Jessie Oakshade:: Ragefur isn't having a good time.
Shys Many Ghosts:: I see...
Shys Many Ghosts:: With the size of Delor... I'm not suprised...
Jessie Oakshade:: EO is probably the most popular clan now...
Shys Many Ghosts:: I wonder why...
Jessie Oakshade:: Stormy.
Jessie Oakshade:: I know you were being sarcastic.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Rhetoric...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Yes.
Jessie Oakshade:: Whatever.
Jessie Oakshade:: Hm, earlier, I was trying to get myself lower than Spigot on the scores ist.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Hee...
Shys Many Ghosts:: Did you?
Jessie Oakshade:: I sent him as much aid as I could...
Jessie Oakshade:: and I was probably 10 ranks below him.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Cool...
Jessie Oakshade:: But then he got mad and said never to do that again.
Jessie Oakshade:: And he's at the bottom again.
Shys Many Ghosts:: By accident, I typed in the wrong number and sent aid to a dead orde once...
Jessie Oakshade:: Hah!
Jessie Oakshade:: *cracks up*
Jessie Oakshade:: That's brilliant.
Jessie Oakshade:: Notice the ROM forum has the most posts out of all clan forums?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Yeah...
Jessie Oakshade:: *rolls eyes* Badbranch is in my clan.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Oh... I'm sorry...
Shys Many Ghosts:: I'm in super Newbie clan No. 1
Jessie Oakshade:: It's okay, I don't know how many times I've hinted that his pointless posts are so annoying....he doesn't seem to be catching on..
Jessie Oakshade:: What?
Jessie Oakshade:: UMA?
Shys Many Ghosts:: Yup.
Jessie Oakshade:: Ah.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Full of stupid Newbs... "Let's scout for every turn and then get my land taken away while I'm weak"
Shys Many Ghosts:: They're morons...
Jessie Oakshade:: He tried to get Omega in trouble with me Stormy and Klamath by faking a threat message that he said was by Omega.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Or how abaout "Kill DI"
Shys Many Ghosts:: How dumb was that...
Shys Many Ghosts:: I know...
Jessie Oakshade:: Very dumb...
Jessie Oakshade:: I send my sympathy.
Jessie Oakshade:: It's harder to be a clan leader, though.
Shys Many Ghosts:: I was about to quit the clan because of the stupidity...
Shys Many Ghosts:: I understand...
Jessie Oakshade:: My clan members are fighting all the time.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Hehehe...
Jessie Oakshade:: Which makes me wonder why they're in the same clan...
Shys Many Ghosts:: *dies laughing*
Shys Many Ghosts:: Shael: Get along now warlords...
Shys Many Ghosts:: It's nap time, all you little conquerers...
Jessie Oakshade:: Ha ha ha.
Jessie Oakshade:: But that's actually sorta true, in a way.
Jessie Oakshade:: They depend on me for /everything/.
Shys Many Ghosts:: Hee..
Jessie Oakshade:: It's me who tells them to get along.
Jessie Oakshade:: To shut up...
Jessie Oakshade:: To relax...
Shys Many Ghosts:: To pee...
Shys Many Ghosts:: To eat...
Jessie Oakshade:: *thwaps*
Shys Many Ghosts:: To live...
Shys Many Ghosts:: To breathe...
Jessie Oakshade:: Very funny, Shy.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Orcrist

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- I remember Omega. He was the one who tried to threaten me with Azeroth alliance into joining his clan. EO was great then. I still remember the good ole days... :)
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

The Lady Shael

Whoa...DI is something you don't hear every day, but I haven't seen the words "Azeroth Alliance" for so long...wow. I completely forgot about him...I didn't even remember about Omega until I found this document...yep, Omega was the person who threatened all those warlords, mostly weaker ones, to join his clan or be stompled...that was before the clan size limit, I think.

EO was terrific...I miss those days...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Fenix

A) back in the time of omega, I was ruling, Omega was a small fry, picking on hapless newbs, while my strategy was just starting to become perfected.
B) Your perspective is wrong, EO was just created , and land locked the top ten, making me, the good guy, not the tyrant, miss.
C) I ruled omega, cept in football. he's kinda big.
D) Shy and you never had any real skill in rwl, comparable to experts, making your post ignorant to concerns, it's people like you who actually believed the administrators were skilled, in having 400k acres, and only 3defensive actions, 1 sucessful.

Fenix

Btw-  Good days to me, were, when EO had apprentices, with all the land, and no attakcs, and I smashed them all, Orcrist:)(my buddy) and Austin.  Free land!  

Peace Alliance

Good days for me was when the first era was sped up, and i rose up and took out josh. I have NO clue what i was doing. turns out i only broke him 'cause he was switching strats at the time, lol. only took me 32 mil rats, 32 mil was easy to get when i didn't pay attention to money, defense, leaders or anything else really, lol

caedo caelestis

Jimmy was always a bit of a tard. Making fun of Nyssa with him was always fun though  :rolleyes:  

Peace Alliance

Is it just me... or does caedo caelestis always make no sense? I'm really confuzled  :blink:  

caedo caelestis

Quote from: Peace AllianceIs it just me... or does caedo caelestis always make no sense? I'm really confuzled  :blink:
Just because the things I speak of were either without your presence or knowledge does not mean they do not make sense.

This once I will clarify my not so mysterious passage.

The thread addressed:

Azeroth Alliance, clan leader of AA, also known as Chris or Josh's big brother, literally.

DI or Delor's Independant Forces, which split up and reformed minus a few good players, in my opinion, into EO (Emperor's Own) led by Son's of Delor or Stormclaw I think it was, another prestigious almontian RWL player.

More Clarifications:

Omega was the notorious warlord during this period of time.

Omega, clan leader of something unimportant and irrelavant, supposedly a tyrant in the game, although I didn't notice. A fellow almontian whom I've known since grade 7 perhaps, also known as Jimmy.

Raine (Vengerak) was obviously not well-known, THE Raine Valthurak was a /newbie/ when this chat took place...

Raine wasn't quite a newbie, since we ALL were pretty much newbies back in ROM days, since it would have been before EO and the DI overthrow. If your reffering to impacts on the top 10, I guess it wouldn't be until the enormous war between itself and another clan which I can't recall, one that also warred the original KM. On a side note some unmentioned and memorable people (to myself anyways) , Kilkenne and Ereptors Raiders.

Btw- Good days to me, were, when EO had apprentices, with all the land, and no attakcs, and I smashed them all, Orcrist:)(my buddy) and Austin. Free land!

I think Josh was reffering to the unsuccesful stint with IMPERIAL against blueeyes and aus, so im not sure what he's getting at. Perhaps the second attempt in a clan i've failed to remember. As I recall you didn't fight aus, I did. Another fun sidenote, my personal wars with diid took place around this time period, give or take a month.

Good days for me was when the first era was sped up, and i rose up and took out josh. I have NO clue what i was doing. turns out i only broke him 'cause he was switching strats at the time, lol. only took me 32 mil rats, 32 mil was easy to get when i didn't pay attention to money, defense, leaders or anything else really, lol

The time PA is speaking of is pretty much when the regular server was on a verge of reset and Josh was playing wierd games. And yes he was switching strats to maximize his networth for no particular reason. Just remember you never broke me, and you never would have.

Comming back to your statement, now that I've filled you in with some information regarding my perspective of this topic, along with some other knowledge of the time included for fun, my post should make a little more sense.

Dixie Ros?

Hehe, avoid being in a chat with Shy is all I can say.
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

General Austin

BY THE BY, JOSHUA. As I recall you were groveling at my feet after I had smushed you 2 times in a row. It was only after you had weaseled me into thinking I was allied with you that you ended up USING me to destroy Kilk, as I recall I won most of the wars against you. Germania was REALLY good though. *thinks caedo is Nick* ;)

Recalling back to olden days, though, I remember how Ragefur was at the top and Kilk was itching to hit EO, as was everyone else. It was only until Stormclaw decided to step down that things got rolling again in the top ten. I was smushled after having an enormous war with Josh, and, after winning (barely) and trying to survive, I was hit by either Germania or another person, and I ended up falling back into obscurity with no huge clan for protection. Meh, I'll remember something else later....Btw, Orcrist was pretty good though.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Fenix

Nick, I warred with Austin when you were just getting started.  The EO apprentices were the only people wiht land, and I was the only one who would attakc them, and when I did, stormclaw threatened me, but I laughed at him and continued attacking.  I stopped after i took alot of land, and built for a few days, making temporary alliances with the EO apprentices, then raine was in second place, or something, everyone was friends with eveyrone, then I outbluffed Jack and promised him 200k stoats, but never did, he was afraid of me breaking him apart, so i took teh ladn i wanted , promised recompense, but never paid up. Thus, giving me extra land, to destroy the last remaining EO strongman.  Austin, who had a boisterous army of leaders and rats??? They were killed. The end.

General Austin

Yeh. He was a total weasel. We never wanted that alliance, but he used my conciense against me. I was KA-SHNOoKERED. Poot. Well, congrats Josh for taking out a bunch of EO apprentices with slimeball politics. <_<  I can't emphasize enough how bad you were in that Era 1 game...GRRR....

Ah, yes. About Raine....he was your shpy. GRRRR. AND I seem to remember that I DID have almost 300k stoats back then, although most were sleepy....Poo....
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

~>John<~

WOW 300 K STOATS....THATS LIKE.....low. would of been fun to play in the old days when 100,000,000 networth was incredible......though it still is pretty good, right now, enough for the top spot, but only cause were all warring.................. I need a clan war......I dont like just farming off people with 14k land, compos ed of 11k guards 1 k markets, 200 foragers and 400 barracks and leaders

just use leaders, and they cant attack you.....
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

caedo caelestis

You don't need a clan war to do something other then farm.