Useful troop information

Started by The Beatles, October 01, 2003, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

Let me just start off by saying rat-massing is fun. RWL Turbo:

After a failing struggle, your army is repelled by Sreppots Emirc's defenses. In the attempt, you lost:
1,014,639 Rats
In their defense, Sreppots Emirc lost:
1,406,436 Rats

And I hardly have networth. Anyhoo, here is what I came to say.

BREAKDOWN OF OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE WORTH IN CONSIDERATION OF PRODUCTION PRICE
or
Value For Your Dollar

This was originally Slynder's idea.

Table 1: Unit offensive and defensive capabilities:
.................... OP ...... DP
Rat ................ 2 ....... 1
Weasel ............. 2 ....... 6
Stoat .............. 5 ....... 3
Skiff .............. 6 ....... 8

At first glance, Stoat seems the best unit for attacking. However, let us examine the value for dollar, discounting racial and other bonuses.

Table 2: Unit Cost
.................... Cost
Rat ................ $500
Weasel ............. $1000
Stoat .............. $2000
Skiff .............. $3000

That means, that for $6000, you can get 12 rats, 6 weasels, 3 stoats, or 2 skiffs. So let us examine the offensive (and defensive) abilities of yoour $6000, if invested into different troops:

Table 3: Offensive and defensive value for a fixed price ($6000)
.................... Qty ...... OP ....... DP ...... Diff
Rat ................ 12 ....... 24 ....... 12 ...... 12
Weasel ............. 6 ........ 12 ....... 36 ...... -24
Stoat .............. 3 ........ 15 ....... 9 ....... 6
Skiff .............. 2 ........ 12 ....... 16 ...... -4

Now, think about the potential ability against guards, and the speed with which you build up armies. Look at the topic subtitle again...

The implications, I hope, are clear, because I've just lost interest and won't bother to elaborate. If you don't understand, your problem.

wolf bite

Well said, but you forgot the offset.  Rats have a greater loss factor (about 2 times that of stoats) when you are attacking or defending with them. So the cost to replace then is higher as they go faster.  Thus, they cost more.

Enemy losses Your losses
Rats 0%-8.05% 0%-14.5%
Weasels 0%-7.3% 0%-12.85%
Stoats 0%-6.75% 0%-7.88%
Skiffs 0%-5.55% 0%-6.5%

I do have a question, Do anyone have the numbers on how much food and pay they eat?

(some admin want to move this to strats)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Beatles

Rats consume most food and money, followed by weasels, then stoats, and finally skiffs. For exact values check the code.

wolf bite

There is my point. Rats seem the best, but because of the troup loss and cost to keep the ones you have, their real cost is more then stoats.  Furhter, with the DP of rats being only 0.5 of their attack, and stoats DP being 0.6 they give you better protection. So stoat massing is better, or very close, to rat massing.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Badrang the Tyrant

Wouldn't you just rather have a balanced army???

wolf bite

Depends on how you play.

Some people:

* Have an even army and can pick what to attack with and always have some defence to all armies.

* Have all of one type of army and can break high ranked players, then hopes that a lot of towers will prrtect them or one enemy will get all their land to use it against them.

* Start with one type, then after breaking high ranked players, build towers and the other types for defence.

Pick one.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

General Austin

Rats are also one of the hardest to defend against. Stoats are best for slow rank-gainig, rats are best for Hitting a top-rank member with whom you dislike or jumping ranks like a jackrabbit and quickly losing the ranks the next day. I say they are fairly equal, although Weasels are worst, and skiffs have quite a good factor to them as well. But yeah, balanced army is good too.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

wolf bite

Stoats also take down more towers. so when attacking with them and getting weaker, the enemy has less towers to defend then if attacking with rats.

(edit) Um..... Staots will get you up the ranks just as fast, trust me on this. I use both.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Badrang the Tyrant

I still like a balanced army.  Pick and choose what you want to attack with is what I like best...

The Lady Shael

Tsk, tsk, this would make much more sense in the /Strategy/ forum....

*moves*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

Hm.... I always thought skiffs ate up the most money...

wolf bite

Can we get someone with coding to tell us how much food and pay each army, including leaders, eat?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

The Beatles

Argh OK.

Consumption Per Turn:
........... Cash ........ Food
Rats ...... 1 ........... 0.05
Weasels ... 2.5 ......... 0.03
Stoats .... 4 ........... 0.02
Skiffs .... 7 ........... 0.01
Leaders ... 0.5 ......... 0.25

Veranor

If I remember anything about the cost of Pub/Pvt. Market Food costs, that still makes the Rat the cheapest Offensive unit, with the best bang for buck.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Orcrist

Actually, that would support stoats more, as you can stock up on markets and use money for other things, but with rats, you must stock up on foragers, and the extra food is more or less useless.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant