Schoolling

Started by Dead Eye, September 10, 2003, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I was home-schooled from Gr.1 to Gr.7, it sucked, I was always home and had nothing to do except work.  But I'm going to a private school this year and next year I'm off to High School *muttters about parants and strupid desions*.
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

caedo caelestis

Interesting how many people who play this game were homeschooled. Nothing meant by it, just an observation.

Mikalae Gildar

Homeschooling is the best educational opportunity available.  And I do not say this to be condesending (sp?), pompous, or even stuck-up, it is just that I have tried all of them and they don't work well, for me.  So it really is your personal opinion, and a lot to do with your parent's opinion too...I love homeschooling!  I've been doing it since 7th grade (I'm in 10th grade now) and it is so fun and awesome.  Go Dixie Rose!  Yehaw!  And Riverpaw, you are the perfect candidate for homeschooling...definately.  It's so fun, and I would recommend it to everybody here.
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Sha

I always wanted to homeschool, but my mother never agreed to it. So, you know. It's a little late now.

I probably could have skipped a grade, if my school did the whole grade-skipping thing. However, I'm already the youngest person in my grade, and there are 11th graders older than I am. So, eh. Yeah. =D Yes, I am a Senior (12th grade) and only 17. I shall be 17 when I graduate. *nods*

I have a homeschooled friend who took first grade over the summer, so she's only 16 and in 12th grade. It's a little odd, to say the least.

Stormclaw

*was also homeschooled*

Yes indeed. Homeschooled from grades 2 through 12. In university at 17. Life is good.
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

The Beatles

I didn't go to school, studied at home and took 2 final exam series in one year.. in Uni at 14, I was. *life isn't good* My father's passing...

Dead Eye

Um, I never posted in this thread. Did an admin move the interview thread to here?
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Almkman

Homeschooling might better for some kids.Other people think regular school is better because you interact act with other kids your age.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Riverpaw

I really want to be home schooled. Right now, I go to a really bad school. It sounds good being the smartest kid in school, but the fact is, that just makes life boring. Luckily, I should get into Stuyvesant next year. I missed getting into Hunter since I moved last summer. If you're not from New York, well, those happen to be the best public schools here. As for my current school, PS 157 Q, erk. Good thing I can teach myself stuff.  
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Guthorm Swordmaster

i hate my school if you dont your work they keep you in from play :ph34r:  

Riverpaw

Quote from: Guthorm Swordmasteri hate my school if you dont your work they keep you in from play :ph34r:
That's normal and doesn't really pose a problem unless you get punished for what others do as well. Too bad I happen to have a neurotic 8th grade dean. Mr. Weiss seems to like keeping us away from recess. Today, for about 10 misbehaving people, he took away oput priveleges for two and a half weeks. Also, my gym teacher has something against me. I had to do so...ooo many laps simply because I happen to stink at soccer. Gee, that's off topic. Well...  :rolleyes:  (must not bore to death...)
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Scarwake

Hhmmm....*whispers* I've never skipped a grade...I've been told that I prolly could, but I never did...I wanna be homeschooled, but my mom won't let me....She's so evil...I dunno why she won't let me homeschool, I'd be done in like no time, considering that I love to read and only stop reading when I'm on here or something...SOOO, I'm in 10th grade at the age of 15
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

The Lady Shael

Pre-K/Kindergarten- Private School
1st: Homeschooled
Skipped 2nd
3rd-5th: Homeschooled
6th: Public school
7th-8th: Homeschooled
9th-10th: Public school

I won't say too much about homeschooling. At first, I considered myself lucky, b/c everyone envied me. But after a taste of public school from 6th grade, all the bad things about homeschooling seemed to become clearer. I had no one to talk to...but that's how I found the ROC, so it's not a bad thing, really. I guess homeschooling depends on the person...I love being in public school, being able to actually have a REAL social life, and come into contact with the real world, instead of being shut up in your house with no one but cyberfriends to talk with after finishing the day's work.

I have a friend who was homeschooled, and she graduated at 13 years old. o.0  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Fenix

I would have to disagree with the homschooling bit.  Most of the people I have met from redwall are extremely ill-prepared on a sociable level, they are prejudiced, and ignorant to people all around them, but that's not always their faults, it's from overprotective parents, right? I'm not going to bring out a list of people who I believe have become ignorant and il-sociable, that would be rather hypocritical, considering I am not talking, or being social to the individuals before posting about them in this fashion.  I recently spoke with a police officer for an hour and a half, I talked to him straight for over an hour, it was about personal issues, and to you whom would so readily attack my positive reputation with slanderous remarks, I have not broken any laws.  This man was the most intelligent person I have ever talked to.  In the first hour of talking, I blinked twice, he never took eye contact from me, not once, and me wanting to become a lawyer, I have respect for skills like that.  I had trouble not looking away. Especially when he started moving his hands or something.
To you whom, "skipped" grades - I did not attend kindergarden.
I missed 63 days in grade 1
79 days in grade 2
58 days in grade 3
89 days in grade 4
52 days in grade 5 (my marks were 98%+ thus far.)
in grade six, I didn't attend school until February first, missing 90 days, right there, over all in grade 6, 132 days. My average went to 80.
70 days in grade 7, average dropped to 63, failed art and music.
58 days in grade 8, passed with 93
Grade 9  - missed 97 classes, first semester ( 90 days a semester, 4 classes per day) (average of 84 (still sinking))
Grade 9  - missed 130 classes second semester ( average of 87) lovely, skipping started hitting me here.
Grade 10 first semester - 183 classes, average of 72
Grade 10 second semester - 208 classes, average of 55 ( scored 98.5 on english exam, barely passed course. scored 99 on science exam.) (no , i didn't study, like homeschoolers might)
:) in grade 11 first semester right now.

The Beatles

XD is this a competition?
I hope it's not - but if it is you can't talk. Not 'til you get into college at 14. And a decent college, mind you.