To clear things up...

Started by Kamikaze Badger, September 29, 2003, 07:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamikaze Badger

Ok! Since our very own scarwake and others are getting confused here, lets clear up some things about the DJing and music stuff:

Im the current DJ. Plain and simple as that. And no, im not charging any money at all, but free admission to the event would be nice, as i do sorta clarify as staff :D.

Song requests and all other questions on the subject of DJing MUST be sent to \djbadger@tranceaddict.net\[/EMAIL\]! Any emails on my DJing sent to my hotmail address WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT MERCY!

THANKYOU!

And remember, if you want to dance the DJ, your always welcome too ;).

Randag

Kami, I do have some things to say on this regard, but I'm quite busy at the moment. I'll reply with those questions and comments within the next week. As a teaser to that post: I think you may be getting things way out of hand, it's WAY too early to be planning the music for RedCon '06.
Walk With Pride, Protect Like The Night!
Harness Your Potential, Regret Nothing!

"Ash nazg durbatul?k, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatul?k, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"

RedCon-Forums--- AK_f00 ---RedCon-Website
Destined For Greatness, But Pacing Myself!
You Know Me! You Just Don't Know It Yet!

Scarwake

I wasn't confused....I was simply saying that I believe we already have a dj, I just wasn't sure if it'd been okay'd with Randag and us other staff members so I said "I think"
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

CoolClaw

Most DJs aren't really DJs.  Djs used to be people who woud play a record and then rap to it and spin it all that stuff.  I think it started in Jamiaca.  Thats all I wanted to say.
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

Kamikaze Badger

What i will be doing is true DJing. I wont just play a few cds or vinyls or something, im going to mix and beatmatch for awhile. After i get worn out from that and i start yearning to see the other stuff, then ill probably put on a vinyl or something and walk about.

And its never to early to plan.

Peace Alliance

Mixing... It sounds... dumb. lol. I like music the way it is, adding more beats is just... dumb.... :\

Scarwake

No, offense Peace, but quit being so negative about everything.  You've prolly never heard what she can, nor have I for that matter and you never know...You may LIKE it or dislike it, but you'll have to deal with that.
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Peace Alliance

I LOVE music, its 60% of my entire life. Spending so much time around music developes... specific tastes. I love almost any type of music (excluding, rap, pop and country, although i will try my lovelydest not to complain if thats what they play). But theres something about taking a sone that an amazing artist wrote, and then adding a big loud beat... I'm not trying to be negotive, i'm just saying, whats wrong with a DJ sho  just plays the tracks, maybe a couple mixes here and there but not every song. :rolleyes:  

Scarwake

She said she wasn't going to do that to ALL the songs.  She said she eventually would prolly just do it for awhile and then have it play songs and she's walk around and talk to people.
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Hounddog

Wow, music is 90% of my life.  I listen to it during school, even though it's against the rules, I'm sly about it.  I put the CD player in my pocket and maneuver the headphones up to my right sleeve, poke the earphones just above my sleeve and lean on my hand.  And keep the volume low.  Then at home, I listen to music all the time.
While a flaming head may look good, it rarely has practical qualities.

Rob Zombie for president.
user posted image

Peace Alliance

well, being a musician since i was 4, and listening to music at all possible intervals of my life... it still only accounts for 60% 'cause there is so many other things i concentrate on. *thinks of girl* ... oops

Kamikaze Badger

Quote from: Scarwakeshe
She? Who said im a she?

You people are sick!

And mixing helps out the beat! I mean, if it werent for DJs, you wouldnt be able to listen to hour long mixes featuring everything that we like. And there are some songs that you love and would never know about if it werent for mixing(like Alice Deejay, which i heard once in a mix).

Scarwake

O.o Your not a she???  I thought you were.....*thinks he needs to get more information before he assumes things even though he was pretty sure Kamikaze was a she...*

And sick???? Uhh...no just wickedly insane.
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Kamikaze Badger

Lol, it was the avatar back at the forums, wasnt it? Well, as long as you know NOW, then im fine.

And peace, if you dont like the music, then dont listen to it.

Scarwake

Yes, indeed it was the avatar back at the Terrouge forums, which I hardly go to, but remember enough of my last visit to have made such assumptions.
Okay, your a he, I'm a he.  Peace is a he.  And music is good, and you sound pretty confident of your work, so I'm pretty sure your work must be good too.
Emperor of

In-Character Album