Tips?

Started by The Dark Warrior, September 25, 2003, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Warrior

Hello everyone. Even though I have been playing since Ereptor's era, I never really got into it until now. My ranks were ussally near the 100's. Now I am getting into it. My cousin is Dead Eye. He taught me a few months ago or whatever.

So anyways, I just made a clan, the RA. And right away Aus(or the Duke) sent me a message of tips and 1 billon dollars. Thanks a lot Aus! So I got tips from him. He is the one who told me to come to the forums. And when I saw how many posts my cousin had, I asked him to post about the RA because I bet he has a lot more respect in here then I.

So is there any tips anyone would like to give me? Please share!

Scarwake

Hmmm....Interesting....I'd give a tip but I'm currently brain-dead.  *walks away, laughing because he knows something*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Ashyra Nightwing

I'd suggest having huge amounts of one troop type (not rats), and a few of the others. With this, if you get attacked, you can always get all of your land back quite easily. I'd reccomend massing skiffs, but you could try something else..

Riverpaw

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingI'd reccomend massing skiffs, but you could try something else..
Skiffs are the equivalent of TSOR's otters? Yep, good idea. Also try massing rats, but only do that if you have TONS of guard towers. Otherwise, I can easily break you with stoats and weasels. BTW, we call the rats thing the "Sonaras Strategy", from when he massed mice (equivalent to rats) at TSOR's WBII. It worked well, too. Oh, and also mass leaders.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Almkman

We call it the Rat massing strategy.Peace Alliance is the best at it.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Riverpaw

Quote from: almkmanWe call it the Rat massing strategy.Peace Alliance is the best at it.
Only Sonaras has tried it on TSOR as of my knowledge. Anyways, doesn't he/she play RWL too?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Almkman

Sonoras plays here or has played.He learned it from Peace.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

bjornredtail

Well, massing mice and rats has tow diffrent outcomes. On warbands the cheep troops (mice) have better defence than offence, makeing them less viable as an offencive unit. Rats have better offence than defence, makeing them a better offenceiv unit. Another unit diffrance on warbands is the otters and the skiffs. The Otters are more powerful at offence, and the skiffs are better at defence. So a skiff massing stragity would work better on Warbands.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Kitty

Good tip:

Never tell anyone how much money you have.

Mark

I learned off Peace too, at first he would only tell me I got all big and landfat but when I finaly had he forget it and told me anyway...good strat...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Yellow Eyes

If your going to mass rats or something....build the guard towers....but always have leaders! Even if a person can't touch you with a troop, if you have no leaders...your a goner. I learned that the hard way.