How do you imagine the RWL world?

Started by The Lady Shael, September 22, 2003, 05:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Inspired by the poll I made recently, and the RWL rp that I started at Trails.

There are some people here who dream of living in the RWL world, but how do you imagine that world? If someone came to you, and said, "I'm going to transport you to the RWL world.", and did that, what would you and/or encounter?

My imagination shows a building in Mossflower, where the Mossflower warlords congregate, discuss, pass the time, strategize, sleep, eat, and spend most of their time. I'm working on a description of all the rooms in this building, which is rather detailed, and interesting, so be sure to read all of it when I post it.

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

This is going to sound weird, but bear with me...

I imagine the RWL world as a sort of insane cross between the forests of Mossflower and the highlands of Scotland, as they're portrayed in the movie Braveheart... a vast stoney and lichen-covered castle serves as the point of negotiations, with our beloved Admins ruling supreme in velvety cloaks and covered in rings and jewels. The warlords each command a smaller stoney forts, surrounded, outside its walls, by peasant folk who live and die at our whims. Near the central castle, a wharf appears, loaded with bloodthirsty mercenaries, ready to fight for whoever can pay the highest price...

Aqualis

The Legend of Dragoon world with animals.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Mark

I have only read one of Brian's books, and that wasn't even a rwl tale (Casaways of The Flying Dutchman), so it's not my place to say.  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Ashyra Nightwing

Hm.. A huge stone fortress in the center of Mossflower as the HQ. Each warlord commands their own smaller fortress, wherever they chose to build it. Usually, the larger the fortress, the higher-ranked the warlord. Ashyra's own fortress is a pointy black tower-type-thing on the coastline.

TR Shadow

I imagine a nuthouse.  You know, those places with the padded walls where everybody?s in a straight jacket?  No, I did not make that up; I think we can all agree that at least some of us belong in one.

Almkman

I would have a forest and a hilly area.Hordes would camp in a valley between hills.The admins would have a huge tower in the middle of the land.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Riverpaw

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingEach warlord commands their own smaller fortress, wherever they chose to build it.
Mine would be a cave next to the river Moss. Plain outside, fancy inside, not to mention bigger than all the others because its a cave.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Scarwake

Well, it kinda ties in with Julie's imagination though mine I think is a bit more colorful.  I imagine RWL as a psycho ward of course....Though, the rooms are much different than most...Our doors to the chambers are made of wood instead of steel or metal, and there is no padding on the walls, instead there is a giant redstone wall with pictures up really high so us pyschos don't break them or anything....The chambers each have a small pond in which you bath in and all that other fun stuff....And then there are the guards, those sacred Mods watching over us like hawks...And above them are the Admins who sit in their offices scribbling on parchment paper and such, while we psychos scribble on the walls and the door the answer to the meaning of life or something like that which we all know is 42....

And that is the end....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Almkman

Scarwake

*points at him* YOU, not psycho?? HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's a good one, almkman!! Everyone is psycho, especially us!!
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Almkman

The only time I remember me being psycho is when I type Ohio State and Linking Park a while.

Riverpaw

Quote from: ScarwakeEveryone is psycho, especially us!!
Not me! I'm fine, seriously.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Ashyra Nightwing

Hmm... You won't be normal for long. Everyone cracks eventually. I think I was normal when I came..

Almkman

That would be the day.I don't think I've cracked.Have I cracked guys?