An observation.

Started by Sha, September 21, 2003, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sha

Hmm... how to start this?

I have been here for some time now... not long enough to be considered old, but long enough to know the majority of you, and for you to at least know me somewhat.

You may or may not have noticed that I was rather inactive for several months. I did not leave because you guys were boring or anything; I just tend to lose interest in messageboards after a while and forget to visit them. Before I "left," I made some wonderful friends. I knew three of you prior to coming here (you know who you are) and now I have countless friends that are randomly grouped "RWLers." It was wonderful. Now, over the last two weeks or so, I have been coming back regularly. I had stopped in before that time, just to see how things were going, and I daresay I wasn't impressed, and I'm still not.

Why am I not impressed?

Everyone seems to find something to argue about. I know, I know, this message is getting old, because I've said it several times now, but I feel the need to reiterate. This is a message board for a war-like game, so I suppose I should expect some arguements, right? Wrong. The game should be seperate from your personal life. If you have problems with someone, and it only includes one or two people, PM them, IM them, email them, whatever the case may be. Do not bring it to the message board. You should not try to publicise your arguements. This usually ends up bringing out hard feelings, dislike, and heaven knows what else.

Now, there were a few little spats before, but it seems (to me, anyway) that almost every topic is either about making someone look bad, complaining about something, or looking for a fight. Okay, perhaps I'm exagerating slightly, but still. Think about what you are going to post. Is it going to offend someone? Is it going to make someone mad? Will it start a fight? Will it hurt someone's feelings? If the answer is yes, don't post it. Chances are people will jump on you and you'll end up getting flamed, and then it's a flame war.  "Aha! My flames are hotter than yours!" Eh heh. Now, I'm not saying you have to keep your feelings to yourself, because that would totally destroy the whole purpose of a message board. I'm just suggesting you think about how you phrase things. Perhaps read your posts over from someone else's point of view quickly before hitting that "submit" button. You would be surprised what a difference a little bit of tact can have on how people view you.

Oh, yes. I realize I'm quite hypocritic with this whole post, as it's sort of a complaint. But I didn't say I was perfect; I make these same mistakes myself. But with this post, I pledge to try to be a little bit kinder to my fellow RWL forum-goers and realize that they have feelings, too. Who's with me?  

Dead Eye

I completely agree. Me and Ad were just talking about this. I told him I couldnt wait for him to attack me so I could kick his but. We seriously just said in AIM everything you said here. I know Aus hit TJ quite a few times last week, but they are still friends. I try not fighting, I really do. But I forget some times. Last weeks have been one giant fight about Loren and Blades. But thats changed. But I agree with you Sha. I am trying to hold back being angry. But as you said, this is a game about killing each other. It stands to reason that there will be fighting. hehe, notice that when I rejoin the game, more fighting happens. But I am with you!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

calria

*cheers for Sha*

I agree! Now if only I could do that...
Someone has to bash heads together when Stormy's not around though! *laughs*

Kitty

Well said, Sha.

*group hug*

Dead Eye

Kitty, I know this is off subject, but you were leader in the old days? Can you come online, I want to ask you something without pming because it annoys me
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

The Lady Shael

::agrees::  Nicely said, Sha. I've noticed how those kind of topics seem to be throttling our forum of late...I've just been skimming through to make sure there's no flaming, then avoid them. Most flames aren't even completely flames, just on the borderline of the rules, so I can't really deliver out punishments.

While I do enjoy a good argument oftentimes, I never go as far as flaming my opponent.

*raises hand* I'm with you, Sha!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

General Austin

GO SHA! I shall take your advice, and not be overly mean to anyone. At least in this forum. But only on weekdays. Er. Maybe on holidays. Or something. j/k! :P  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Ashyra Nightwing

Well said, Sha. I agree with you.

*hugs everyone*
:)  

Sha

I think...

People might need a slight reminder of what was said. Mmhmm. *feels guilty* Ah, well.

Dixie Ros?

I really agree. I'm sick how people are always fighting because things "Aren't fair in the game!". Well, ye know what? IT'S SUPPOST to be that way. Deal with it. You get picked on a called a coward, for attacking a person. Duh! That's the point.
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

The Dark Warrior

I agree with Sha. I have been here a week and I looked at posts that have been said. It is a lot of fighting.  

Blackeyes

Quote from: Aqualis*raises hand*
I second this.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

calria

*agrees*

*laughs* Why is it that whenever things start to quiet down after a lot of fighting, something happens with Josh? lol!

Mark

I think everyone in the forums should that post, some more then others but still everyone should.  Nicely done, Sha.  *smiles*
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?