Desperate questions.

Started by High Vassal Durin Jedin, September 20, 2003, 07:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Vassal Durin Jedin

I'm not new, I've played this probably 4 total times. But I've been away from here for so long...what do guard towers actually do, I know they add D points butwhat then do those points really do??? And also what is moving, why should you, and what are all the lands pros and cons?

Thanks.

The Lady Shael

I'm probably not the most qualified person to answer these questions, since I'm not much of a RWL-player, but I've been around for a while.

Q. What do D points actually do?
A. Simply speaking, that's what defends you. The more D points you have, the less likely your defenses will be broken through when someone attacks.

Q. What is moving?
A. There are three places, Southsward, Mossflower Country, and the Northlands. (But if you're a Flitchaye, there's also a burrowed version of each land.) Everyone starts out in Southsward. So if you click the Move South option, nothing will happen, because you can't move south. If you click Move North, you'll be in Moss. Country, and move North again, you'll be in the Northlands.

Q. Why should you?
A. Without preparing your raiders (an option in the General's Hut) you can only attack people in your area. So it's a good way to avoid attacks, unless they prepare raiders. I also heard land is easier to get in the Northlands.

What are all the lands pros and cons?
A. Southsward has the most people, so you'll probably be attacked here a lot. But of course, it's more convient to attack people from here, because most of your targets are probably here. In Moss. Country, there's fewer people, but there's definitely some worth taking land from. You'll need strong leaders, because if your in Moss. Country or the Northlands, you're probably going to end up preparing leaders a lot. There aren't a lot of people in the Northlands either. But I read somewhere that scouting in the Northlands gives more land than the other two. That's pretty much all I know on this topic, someone else can fill in the details.

And there's my answers. Hope they helped in some way. ^_^ Good luck in the game!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Riverpaw

Also, different troops have different attack/defense strength in different locations, though burrowed is the same as the related abovegrounds, I think.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

High Vassal Durin Jedin

Thank ye both for the replies. If anyone else has anything to add I could use it. These ideas got me thinking on what do now. Thanks alot.

Riverpaw

Quote from: High Vassal Durin JedinThank ye both for the replies. If anyone else has anything to add I could use it. These ideas got me thinking on what do now. Thanks alot.
You're welcome. By the way, no, I haven't played RWL yet, but I'm okay at other Promsciances and I will join next round.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

fingo

I asked about the different lands ages ago when I joined. Someone said some thing along these lines.
Stay in southward if you think leaders are important. Northland you get more land from scouting and attacking but you also lose more land when attacked, and Mossflower Country is a bit of both.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Blackeyes

Hey, in mossflower there is way more food and such to be had. So that's were ye go if ye'd like to be prosperious.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Ashyra Nightwing

Yiss... I'd only reccomend being in the Northlands if you're running a food strat. You get 80% more land scouting, but you lose more land when you're attacked.