RWL Dictionary

Started by The Lady Shael, September 17, 2003, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

The RWL Dictionary is an idea that's been swimming around my mind for the past six months, but I just never got around to putting it in action. So here it is.

The reason why I don't have this topic pinned is because this is just a brain-storming topic, where we'll all put our ideas and the words together first before I actually type it up, and pin it here, in the General Discussion forum.

Of course, the dictionary will probably most likely be used for amusement, since I'm allowing inside jokes (RWL-related), but it'll be rather useful to newbies, or people who don't hang around often. If they don't understand the gist of one of our jokes, they can look it up here, and read up on how it started and how it's used.

This is the form I planned on using for each word:

stomple: v. (STOM-pull) The action of attacking someone mercilessly, and therefore "stomping" them beneath you. History: ? by Kilkenne in Empire's clan news during the First Era.

If you think the colors should be be something else, I should bold or underline something, add something, etc, etc, etc, just suggest that here, and provide a good reason.

The following are words that we have for the dictionary so far. Please, please, PLEASE suggest some more, and make sure you include a brief description, and a VERY brief history of the word. (ex: how it came about, who started it, etc.) The ones with asterisks need a definition, so if you know one, then post it here. The ones with ^ means it needs a history, so if you happen to know that, then by all means, post it in this topic. The person who can submit the most definitions and histories wins a piece of cheese!

"Ad"min
AIM
Athel Loren*^
Cafipubec
cheese
confuzzelate*
confuzzle*
Daughters of Delor
deadishly
dead water buffalo
defenestrate
Delor ?
Delor parodies
Dixie Ros?
farming^
feed
HPR/Happy Pony Raiser
huggle
Julienne Fries
land fat
land grab^
market spamming
mass marriage^
masstrategies
multi
"No touchie"
Panda Bear Warriors^
pansy*^
Promisance
RAD
scroofle
skiffies
smap
Smish/Smoosh/Squoosh/Mush/Schmish/Squelchify
smushle
snerk
Spa Room
unmarry
yiss

[EDIT] There added some more, and put them in alphabetical order. Any more?
[EDIT2] Added "huggle".
[EDIT3] Added everything else since I'm back from school. I love you guys, this list is looking terrific so far...of course, it'd be more satisfactory to have a little more serious ones, like Nev's. Dix, I knew you were kidding, but I liked your definition of yourself, so you're going in the dictionary.  :P Feel proud.
[EDIT4] *sniff* This is fantastic, so much more than I hoped for. Thanks especially to Nev for contributing most of the words, and nearly all the serious and game-related words!
[EDIT5] Added "multi".  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

The Lady Shael

Eee, just a reminder, make sure to try to include a history and definition with each word...*pokes Cal*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Sha

DEADISHLY! Ahaha. At least there's one word on there that I can somewhat kind of sort of be hysterically amused about. Ahem. Only because I was THERE and ... yeah.

I shall try to think of some, but I really haven't been around for inside jokes and such.. well. Most of them. But think I shall. It looks good, though. Bravo!

Angrod Palant?r

The Beatles

Quote from: The Lady ShaelThe RWL Dictionary is an idea that's been swimming around my mind for the past six months...
Bah, beat me by two months. *shakes fist*  :P

[edit] Oh yes, "confuzzle" and "confuzzelate" © Holby.

The Lady Shael

Okay, I'll enforce my last post a little. I really don't know what all the words you suggest mean, or their history, so I can't put them up at all unless you give me a definition or history. I hate to sound so stern and strict, but this'll really be a neat thing once we get it going.

Sha: Hee. I figured you'd remember that, that's pretty much a joke just between the two us, really. And it's one of the only ones I could remember at the moment.

Beatles: Hee. Yep, I've been thinking about it for a while, and I've always been meaning to suggest it, and now I'm a mod, so I can run the thing instead.  :P  

Almkman

I got one.I got one.

Almkman.Ain't it great?
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

TR Shadow

Dang, my mind is all messed up and I can't remember which are RWL words and which are PGF words =\.  If there are any you don't reconize, it's probably a PGF word.

Huggles- n. A friendly mix between a hug and a cuddle.

Super-duper fundidlyumpschious- n. Very, very, very, very, very, very, very fun.

I'm thinking about posting one more, but I don't think the Admins would like it =D.

The Lady Shael

Hm, well I added "huggle", since Ad uses it all the time, but I'm not sure about...um...that....other...word. Yeah. Is this admin-disliking word "newbie"? If it is, that's okay, since I could add that, but most people already know what a newbie is.

Blackeyes

Masstrageties. Pronounced : Mas-stra-tegies

It means massing strategies. I made it up. Lol I just made it up now . Like it?

(How do you do a copyright c?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

bjornredtail

Market Spamming- The idea of selling units one by one to keep others from effectively buying many units.

Used internially by myself, public used once asking if someone knew who started the market spamming idea.

Land Fat- Haveing land to networth ratio greater than 1,000/1,000,000 (that is haveing over a thousand land per million dollars.

Farming- Attacking mid-to-low ranking warloards lightly for land, perticuarlly Land Fat warloards.

Land Grab- Two to four attacks not intended to cause major damage to the opponent as much as to take some land for the use by the attackers.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

calria

To do a copyright symbol (?)  press the Alt button and then while holding it, press 1 6 9 on the ASCII number keyboard thingy. :D

snerk: a cross between a snort and a smirk, originally made up by my odd and somewhat disturbing, and completely non-RWL, friend Tabby.

unmarry: to reverse the process of forum marriages... not the same as divorce, but rather more like rewinding a video tape...

yiss: Yes, but more snake-ey... originally used by Tania(?) I think...

New additions!!!

Panda Bear Warriors: The world's best RWL parody!

defenestrate: to throw out a window, as in what Holby does. :D

Julienne Fries: Calria's skinnily cut up food of choice!

RAD: Retto Appreciation Day

The Lady Shael

::agrees::  Much better! Me forgot about RAD, and land fat...but I must be going to school here in...um...right now...so I'll add them when I get back.

calria