Hurricane Isabel

Started by windhound, September 16, 2003, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

*ponders*
methinks I'm the only resident of North Carolina here, but I donno about other Eastern states...  meh.  I'm in the central part of NC, so it's not gonna effect me too much..  reletivly anyways..
yeah..   so, how effected are you going to be?  I'm sure some of you are thinking 'hurricane?  what hurricane?' but, it has been quite publicized..  it was a class five hurricane a day back or so...  *yawneth*  
this thing is scary-big too...  
http://www.osei.noaa.gov/Events/Current/TR...abel259_G12.jpg  a pic

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories/s2075.htm
general info..

Edit:  maybe the link'll work now...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Almkman

I think where I live is going to get some effects by the hurrican.I live in central Ohio.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Sha

I'm not.. I live in the middle of a corn field in the middle of the country, quite a ways from large bodies of water. But, everyone that will be affected is in my prayers. Scary stuff, hurricanes...

The Lady Shael

*lives in Florida* Um, yeah. Enough said, pretty much. We usually get the worst of it. I've never been too much affected by hurricanes where I live though. Once a couple years ago several trees fell over in the back yard, but that was it. We've been lucky so far.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

*laughs*
I live in Texas, of course, so I'm getting a break this time... but, generally, we get a wee bit of everything that passes through the Gulf.

TR Shadow

Meh, I live in Kentucky.  I generaly don't get too much of it, apart from a little bit of rain.

*Grins* The last time I told someone I lived in Kentucky, he thought I would have a weird southern accent and live on a farm.  I'm happy to say that neither one of those is true XD.  I won't mention who thought that, though. *coughcoolclawcough*

Dead Eye

I live In Albany New York. We are supposed to get tons of rain, but thats it. That is what ussally happens here. Tons of rain, but no heavy winds. Actually, teachers are saying it might rain so bad tomorrow or friday that school will be canceled. That only happened once before, with one of those other big ones a few years back. Like maybe 5 years ago?
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Trident

I was also wondering who would be affected by this...  

It's dwindled down to category 2 or 3, but it says it has a chance that it'll build itself back up.  *Lives on the other side of the USA*  We might be the type who escapes from it, but we get earthquakes, and sometimes (usually not right here) tornadoes.  Not to mention only 54 miles away from where I lived got five feet of snow...  And I'm wearing shorts.  *shudders*

General Austin

I live in Virginia. I'm scared. We are apposed to get a TONNE of rain, mebbe some flooding of Main Street in my town....Eep. :(  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Aminrael

I don't think any effects from the hurricane are going to pass through where I am, the worst that could happen is that we get some rain. We live closish to Lake Michigan, but I don't see how the hurricane could affect that. Same for TJ, 'cause he only lives two hours away.  :D  
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

The Lady Shael

Ooh, neat, you should meet each other and take a piccy for the album! ^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aminrael

Yes, we should! And we'll take a picture with my ultra-spiffy digital camera that I take everywhere with me!  :D  
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

Blackeyes

I aswell might get some rain. I hope schools canceled.  I live like right across the lake form you Dead Eye. We might be able to meet sometime.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....