I'm new

Started by lolita, September 13, 2003, 11:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolita

I'm a new here lala

[Edit, since if your first time, I'll get you and Cal get away with it. But those terms are not allowed. Even if you're calling yourself one]

calria

hmmm...
Normally, given *cough* SPAG issues, I wouldn't do this, but since I brought her here...
*claims lolita*

MINE! *laughs*
[edit, read above]

baska

Welcome, Lolita, to the RWL forums. I hope you enjoy your stay.

lolita

what/why isnt it allowed?

fingo

What I find annoying is I never find out what people say. All I get is "term not allowed".
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

lolita

I find it annoying when nobody tells me what I did wrong, so it's more than likely I will probably do it again.

wolf bite

Welcome to the game and the forum.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Beatles

Ad was unfortunately appointed as our forum mod, then admin. Or at least one of them. Now don't get me wrong, Ad's an OK guy, y'know, well, in most areas at least, but he's rather overboard when it comes to forum rules. You see, he /is/ preventing some nasty names, but while the forum peoples' attitude doesn't change, all he will be regulating is how people insult each other, not the fact itself. Also, his rules regulate swearwords, but not the expletivism itself.
So the upshot of all that is
a. Read the rules.
b. Think twice over what you say.
c. Mask your insults or expletives (:P)

Well, yes, you may as well ignore all the rules as long as you're nice, and while you may get edited a few times, people will like you, and in the end, that's probably what matters to most forum-goers.

Angrod Palant?r

Lolita, eh? The orginal version of the movie was a little controversial for its time, or so I hear. Haven't seen the more recent one.

Nice to have a new member to the forums, maybe you can liven it up a little more. ;)

Scarwake

Hello, Lolita!  I'm Scarwake or a variety of other names which are acceptable.  I just reccommend(sp?) a few things during your addicted stay here at the RWL forums and that is one; you can ignore the obnoxious Beatles...(I think he's just jealous) and two; be happy and never leave us!!

*runs off*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

~>John<~

unfortunately beatles is right, ad's sorta like josh with all the rules and such.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

The Lady Shael

*claims*

Welcome to RWL! And unfortunately, I happen to be appointed a mod too, so you guys watch what you say.  :P Actually, out of the mod and admin team, I'm probably one of the most lenient, unless you really get on my nerves. *coughKenny!cough*

But it's great to see more people coming, we've been getting a large batch of new peoples this month...

On the subject of terms not allowed, I was on a little vacation when the term was banned, but I'm pretty sure it was banned because it started a little segregation thing in the forums. And much flaming and rudeness. And yes, do read the rules. Very good idea.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

~>John<~

Shael, it should only be banned when used in derogaratory[sp, I'm sure. I just like the nice long feel of it when you write it  this way, de-rog-a-ra-tory.]    ways
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

The Lady Shael

That's how I feel it should be too, it annoys me when I can't use it without being censored by the board, because I'm really not using it in a bad way. But Ad and the other admins don't seem to understand that. It's just like the ban on the use of the word "d@rn". No wonder Raine was annoyed.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

TR Shadow

*Raises hand* I made a topic about it.