How much time do you spend on computer?

Started by Sonoras, September 11, 2003, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonoras

This poll is dumb but we need more.

I vote....hours!!!that is...if im on the net or playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. B)  

Ashyra Nightwing

I spend a couple of hours every day playing RWL. *nods*

calria

I spend most of my free time online...
and my computer stays on while I'm in class, so I put "a day" as my choice.

I would leave it on longer, but it's in my bedroom and the whirring and the power lights etc keep me awake... and I have very little sleep as it is!

Ruatine

Boo! *grins*

Well, my home computers were hardly ever turned off. There's usually only two reasons I would turn off my computers: 1. A T-storm was approaching. 2. It was screwing up. Most of the time they'd be turned off at least once a month. The thing about my family though is that we don't turn the computer off after we're done playing/working with it.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Dixie Ros?

user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

The Lady Shael

My computer is /never/ off, truthfully. The only times we turn it off is in case of a thunderstorm/hurricane, or we're going on vacation. And plus I'm on the comp about 24/7 anyway, it takes too much wasted energy to press the on/off button.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

My computer gets turned on and off constantly... When I've finished I turn it off, and then my sister wants to use it, so it gets turned on again, and off again, and on again....

wolf bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Scarwake

Currently its only been on AIM for about 7days, 17hrs and 54 minutes but I'm letting that build up to as long as I can without it being turned off or my mom switching to her Windows account....But other than that the computer is actually on for a long time, unless there is a storm or something and the net is always on so...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Aqualis

At our house we never turn the computer off, unless the power goes out. Other than that it stays on all of the time because it doesn't like to come back on, takes and hour of pressing the on/off button to get it to come back on (seems like that anyway, heh). It's only online when one of us is using it. So I voted other.

*Sheilds on/off button with duct tape*
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Abby The Rat

We have a server that runs the internet to other computers. and it stayes ON... and since we hardly have many storms.. it can and will be on for a more then a year.. but it best to restart the server once a year to clear out RAMs.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Aminrael

I think the longest time I had my computer on without turning it off was 5 days, but then I started turning it off at night, so I would only be signed on during the day, so I voted "day". Right now, I'm only on for a few hours after school during the week but on the weekends, I'm signed on most of the day.
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

~>John<~

I put a year, cause we only turn it off for storms
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Klamath

We never turn off the power strip, but always the computer itself...  Anyway, I spend a few hours a day on it, which probably isn't good for me... oh well.

Sonoras, I get addicted to Roller Coaster Tycoon, too... ^_^
~High Marshal Svoldira Klamath of the Aurelia Corps~

Underneath the blue sky, the wind blows toward the future,
as if embracing the rays of the sun.
Merely wandering along,
I leave behind only a trail of footsteps.

Riverpaw

<1hr.
I have parents... and test prep school... and homework...  :(  Anyhow, maybe more. (And more in the summer, of course.)
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.