Just to let you all know...

Started by General Austin, September 10, 2003, 12:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Austin

When I was in England, lots of people were talking and saying things that I didn't understand. Some words are: Nay, Fay, Thou, Aye, oodleplunk. To let you understand how serious this is, I asked a few of my English friends this question:

What are some of the famous sayings in England?

Ad said this: Aye, Nay, Fay, Thou, Oodleplunk

I was surprised at what he said in that conversation. So, to be totally sure about this, I went to Ashyra and tried to ask her this question:

What are some of the famous sayings in England?

Ashyra:Aye, Nay, Fay, Thou, Oodleplunk

As you can all see, this is a very serious problem. If the English are ever going to make good wine, they need to stop saying these things. I call for ALL english and Scottish peoples to stop saying these insane things, and start saying cool things, like "Dude!" and "Far Out!". More like us Americans. G'night, all!

In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

The Lady Shael

*pokes Aus* You need to post here more.

Very odd-ish. But then Ad and Ashyra are rather odd...and to be American, they're "far out"!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Scarwake

Well, I see your problem Aus....No, truely I do!!  The first thing I must ask is what the heck does it all mean?? I'm assuming that Nay means no or something to that extent but the rest I'm quite baffled on what their meanings could possibly be...Someone please explain and exaggerate if you'd be willing to...*chuckles* No, just explain...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Dead Eye

Americans dont talk like that no more. We dont say far out. I say dude, yo , junk like that. And a lot of the "popular" kids talk like this:

yo dog! homie g! heavy my cheezy!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

calria

*laughs*
I've heard Addy talk over TeamSpeak many a time, reading poetry and things, and therefore I can pretty well imagine how he'd sound saying "heavy my cheesy"

*dies*

Ashyra Nightwing

Lol!

I myself have never said either Aye, Nay, Fay, Thou or Oodleplunk before, but I'm going to start saying them now!

General Austin

Nay= No

Aye= Yes

Thou= You

Fay= Type of cheese

Oodleplunk= *shudders* Er...I'll not tell you what this means...
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

baska

Yay! I'm going to England in excactly 3 weeks today! Anyone who lives there tell me and I may be able to come and see you!Yay!

Scarwake

O.O!! Take me please!!!  PLEASE!!! I wanna go!! *begs him to let him go*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

fingo

Where in England are you going?
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Dixie Ros?

user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Ashyra Nightwing

Yay! England is interesting. You'll enjoy it there..

baska

Well, I'm actually going to quite afew places in england so, and yes I'm sure i will enjoy it there.....It'll be even more enjoyable if i met some people from the rwl forums there....... ;)  

~The Duke Aubres~

The Lady Shael

Ooh, yes, meet someone, and take pictures! So far we have only one picture with two RWL people, and that's Aus and Ad.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.