Started by Stormclaw, August 07, 2003, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormclaw

"The Mercenary"
RWL Forums
Iboze.com
The Internet

Dear Sir/Madame;

Congratulations! You have been chosen to join our elite program. We are the few! The proud! The utterly dense!

Due to your earlier posting on this forums, our agents, who ceaselessly look for this sort of thing, have determined that you are exceedingly well qualified for our program. We will, therefore, be shortly sending agents to collect you in order that you might join our starter colony on the far side of Mars. After a rigorous five-minute training video, you'll be transported to the Mars Outpost via the giant Colonization Atomic Non-Nanotechnology Orbital N-Gine (C.A.N.N.O.N.). Please dress warmly.

Once there, you will find yourself surrounded by kindred souls. Some of them drool, certainly, and others have been known to gibber, but that's not the point. I merely hope you are as 'attractive' and 'shapely' as you are stupid, since you will be in a place whose residents make all decisions about people based on how well they conform to the current arbitrary standard of attractiveness.

Wait, you should fit right in. They may even make you their king.

Not-so-sincerely,
Stormclaw
Presiding Genius and Founder of Mesna- the society for those who are smarter than 10% of the population.

Goodbye, Mercenary. You've got three days to read this, and then you're not just gagged, but banned.

Note: Ad said that, as an admin, I should set an example for everyone else. Well, here's the example I'm making today: Break the rules and there will be consequences. Capiche?
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

Dead Eye

I love it Storm Claw! Bout time an admin showed a sense of humor.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Blackeyes

Two questions;

One: Why was he gagged?

Two: If he's gagged how can he read this? Does gagged only keep you from replying?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Dead Eye

1. Cuz he has been flaming and trying to make fun of everyone!
2. Don't know
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Veranor

Gagged only keeps you from replying. Lovely you! You made me login! Anyways, excellent job, The Mercenary deserved to be banned and modded several times! (Note to all: No this does not mean I'm coming back, though it does mean I browse the forums as a guest.) Thank you Stormclaw for making the forums I'm not a member of (Read: Still browse and read), cleaner on this day

(Oh sorry, I forgot about that rule (I didn't mean it in as an insult/offense anyways, deeply sorry))
(I corrected the grammar... sorry)
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

calria

Stormy, you always manage to be sardonic and amusing at the same time... *bows to the amazing admin*

The Lady Shael

*applauds* Wonderfully put, Stormy, and excellently said.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Badrang the Tyrant

1.  Exactly what Dead Eye said.

2.  He was banned, not gagged.  That means that he can never come back on these forums again.  
(Unless he gets a different IP number to fool the Admins that is.)

Trident

Yeah I never get tired of some people's sarcasm... :P  

Ruatine

*grins* I love it. It's a masterpiece. Being sarcastic and witty is an art form, and I think you've got it down to a science, Stormy. Thanks.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Almkman

I do beleive it is cruel.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

The Lady Shael

If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure that the Mars Outpost still has quite a few vacancies, almkman, and /I/ do believe that Stormy would be more than happy to write you out a letter of your own. You were, apparently, on The Mercenary's side anyways.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Almkman

Thanks for the threat.I always wanted one directed towards me.2 things.I didn't flame and I didn't say RWL was dying.I said it has become increasingly annoying.That's not a smart way to keep members here.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

windhound

QuoteI said it has become increasingly annoying.That's not a smart way to keep members here.
no, calling RWL annoying isnt a good way to keep members here...

nice job Stormclaw, tis much better than simply saying that Merc was gagged and shall be banned, much more creative, me like...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Calantorntain

"Death death death death death death la la la la death" -- The Woad to Wuin