My opinion.

Started by Almkman, August 05, 2003, 03:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almkman

I think these forums have become increasingly(sp?) annoying.The [term not allowed] make stupid pointless posts and topics.They are always argueing over who is better and that they're going to kill each other.I agree with what Aqualis said in his goodbye address.That there is nothing to post about in these forums.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

The Lady Shael

I've noticed that the forums have been lagging a bit since the past few days. It might be because everyone's at Terrouge, because of QBIII, or maybe because of school or vacation. But I can definitely feel an emptyness here.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Dead Eye

I disagree. I think that the forum may have lost a lot of it's heart and blood...but it is not done yet. I think advertisment needs to be done. But the newbs aren't doing that bad. I see less spamming then when I was first here. There are a few newbs but not many. And I think the forum and RWL need something new and exiting. After RWL came out many different games have come out like it...which explains the lack of new joiners. I think that advertisment and something new need to be added. Maybe a contest like Terrouge would work. Not the same of course. I think maybe a RP contest but you can pick whoever you want as a Redwall based character. And I think if we added more contests more people would come over. And maybe if we ask Terrouge to put up a link to these forums. Just a few ideas. I also think that VI made us loose blood to. A link there should be added. Also...maybe the admins are not doing as much because of VI. Storm Claw and Retto both have that game and RWL to do...which may explain the addition of MODs to put less work here for them. I suggest that the MODs and Admins should try to have a meeting in which to add something new...like the RP contest. If any admin or mod needs help bringing spice to these forums I am glad to help.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Aden

Maybe you guys should start some more interesting topics then, to encourage better discussions. Most of the threads here have no value and content; it's just ramblings and short posts.

There's some interesting discussions at Terrouge, and people there are generally older and less "annoying".
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Dead Eye

We have had a lot of good discussions. Unfortunatly we have used them all! So there is not a lot to talk about anymore.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Ruatine

QuoteThere's some interesting discussions at Terrouge, and people there are generally older and less "annoying".

That depends on how you define annoying. From what I've seen, there's a whole lot more pointless arguments where people "discuss" around in circles and get nowhere (i.e. the religious discussion). Personally, I can do without a 62 page discussion about an endless topic.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Aden

The religion debate isn't something that I participate in. There's no real point. Same with the "Gags and Bans" thread, but both have been pretty much inactive over the past few days. If you don't like participating at Terrouge, I guess you can enjoy this forum then.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Dead Eye

I just want to add that the newbs have stopped coming. Almkman....you spammed these forums for a while. Please don't say newbs are annoying for 2 reasons.

1. Newb, newbie, oldbie is not allowed in this forum
2. You annoyed a lot of us greatly.  

Almkman

That basically was in who's the most annoying newb topic.I've stepped it up a couple of notches.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Ruatine

QuoteIf you don't like participating at Terrouge, I guess you can enjoy this forum then.

*smiles* I never said I don't like participating. Some of the topics are quite fun actually. Anyone who's dissatisfied with RWL's forums ought to go check out Terrouge's. I found it a bit daunting at first both because of the size and because of the decidedly intellectual air it (and the people in it) has about it.

By the way, I'm Ruatine there.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

The Beatles

INTELLECTUAL?
HA, and HA.
More like intellectual snobism in a very advanced stage.

When people say, "let's have a debate about a pointelss topic, use big stuff from dictionary.com, latinphrases.net, and posh.org, and most importantly, degenerate into flaming", then you don't call that "intellectualism", you call it "intellectual snobism".
Mark Twain said that if you can say something in plain (!) English, then do so. Pope confirmed that view later.
If you meet a doctor after a checkup, do you want him to say, for example, "You are a respirating cadaver, due to the melanomatic glandular transformation in your dexteral glandula mammaria.", or "You've got left-side breast cancer, we must operate immediately."
It's not that they are illegible, even, because while it is funny to laugh at the large words they sometimes incorrectly choke out, mostly they use spell checkers or look over their text. It's just that, if you can help not being a snob, then don't be one, because the pong scares people away.

Ereptor

Deadeye....this forum is dead
Beatles once again you have made an excellent point.  I'll add to it by saying two things.  Curse words/name calling and the like can spice up a conversation if the parties are mature enough to understand/handle it.  Point two, no one wants to have to think about what the words the person just wrote mean, they want the person to make them think.  In other words, stimulate your audiences mind, don't confuse them with words that make you look/seem smarter.

Tragedy is me cutting my fingure.
Comedy is someone falling into a raw sewage plant and dieing.
Mel Brooks

Take everything in stride and don't take it personally.  :)
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Ruatine

Alright, I'm getting rather sick and tired of you doomsayers.

If you don't like the forums or the game, LEAVE!

And please don't come back unless you've changed your attitude.

The Lady Shael

*nods* My opinion exactly, Teufel. Ereptor, you were supposed to have left a long while ago. In your good bye post, you said about how much RWL is failing, and how stupid it is, and such, but...how come you're still here? If this forum really is dead, how come we're still getting posts on it? How come you're posting on it, hm?  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Mercenary

Shael I said I was leaving as well, but I do check in now and then to see if anything has changed for the better. (It hasn't, it's gotten worse actually) Ereptor and many others have left for the same reasons, the only reason you and Teufel are going "Be happy, its great, don't give up!" is because you just got your new jobs and like the authority.

You were never that way before. I agree with Ereptor completely, and do not meen to attack you as respected old friends, but at the same time I disagree entirely with your viewpoints.