long ago

Started by Blood Wake, August 02, 2003, 01:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

ok, i want you to talk about how stupid you were when you first played warlords or anyother promisance game before. i remember i was excited when i first got 20,000 rats, Wolf Bite thought some guy named rat was really evil cause he was attacked by rat 3 times.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Scarwake

Umm....Well, when I had absolutely no clue what I was doing and then Aus came along and was like you don't need to have these structures and this and blah blah....And change your mass settings from 25% for everything to blah blah...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Blood Wake

i kept mine on 25% for allmost all of the 1st, i didnt even attack people around me i attacked the little guys in ranks 270. and when i found out about the all rat strat i attacked everyone in the top 10 and then when they were all about to kill me the game moved and reset
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Ruatine

I can't say that I actually did anything stupid when I first signed up (close to a week before the reset of the 1st round, I think). Of course, I didn't have much time to do anything before the reset. I do remember being afraid to attack anyone for fear of retaliation--a fear I have very much overcome. *grins*
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

The Beatles

Hmmmm.
Here are some misconceptions about the game people all had back when I joined. And who shattered them.

1. There is such a thing as "honor", and Caesar's (& Raine's) motto of being merciful to those you defeat, applied to RWL. This view wass debunked by Stormclaw, Ragefur, and Slynder.
2. Massing leaders is a stupid idea. Debunked by Slynder, who used this strat to successfuly break Tarsonis.
3. Reaching a billion networth is impossible. Debunked by Tarsonis, and the 2 billion mark by Ereptor.
4. HPR is a terrible strat. Debunked by Menatus (Tania).
5. Camps are useful. Debunked by Calria, I think.
6. Lottery gets you only money - this was contradicted by Klamath (Aurelia Corps, #7), who got 20k land off a lottery when she had 50k.

Uh, when I joined, I used to keep the same number of each troop type. I remember, my greatest OP in the game was when I had 3.2 million stoats, and could espionage and break almost all of the top 10 from rank 20, except the guardfat top.

Hmm, that's all for now.
~Beatles

The Lady Shael

Hmph, well, I did a lot of stupid things back then. I still do them...it's not like my game skills have really changed much. I used to build a lot of camps, but now I don't even bother. I didn't build as much barracks then as I do now...I always bought lottery tickets...I used a lot of turns foraging...I don't do any of that stuff anymore.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Beatles

My strat, that still hasn't officially been bested, is a land division like this, for 10000 land:
5000 barrracks
4000 huts
1000 foragers

Also, with % ratios of:
Rats, 15%
Weasels, 10%
Stoats, 50%
Skiffs, 25%

Of course, I varied the percentages a lot... also, with a tax rate of 11%.

Blood Wake

that may work, you need to do the loot mission a lot though and then your money will be realy high and wont have to worry about it

h

Klamath

*Remembers fondly of her lottery win*  I was so stoked when I realized I'd won.  I win things very rarely...  Still gives me a thrill remembering it.  It screwed up my economy for a bit because it threw things out of balance, but otherwise it was all good.

I remember being attacked when I first started, and then I tried to attack back and failed miserably.  Then I built and smacked my attacker a couple times.
~High Marshal Svoldira Klamath of the Aurelia Corps~

Underneath the blue sky, the wind blows toward the future,
as if embracing the rays of the sun.
Merely wandering along,
I leave behind only a trail of footsteps.

fingo

I remember when someone sent me 50,000 rats and I couldn't believe someone could afford to give that amount away.

Which round was Tarsonis emperor? Cause that?s the round I joined.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

The Lady Shael

Heh, 50K is practically nothing now. After I became friends with Josh, I asked him for some troops, just a little, not too much, so I could keep my economy in balance. A few minutes later, he sent me 11 million rats...it completely destroyed my economy, but I did manage to break nearly everyone 20 ranks in my range. ^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Mark

Quote from: The Lady ShaelHeh, 50K is practically nothing now. After I became friends with Josh, I asked him for some troops, just a little, not too much, so I could keep my economy in balance. A few minutes later, he sent me 11 million rats...it completely destroyed my economy, but I did manage to break nearly everyone 20 ranks in my range. ^_^
I had that happen to me, except it was Eretor.  15 million rats, mate, but he also sent 1 billion money:D.  

Not much I remember about my 1st 3 months except took a long time learn properly.
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Holby

In remembering my early RWL days, I recall a glowing, pleasant feeling. I can almost live it again. It's amazing, though I know it sounds a little stupid. It's part of the reason RWL means so much to me.
When I first came out of protection, I had 20k rats and thought I was the absoulute /best/. I attacked everyone I could, and didn't break a single one of them.
It took me about 3 months to discover how to play, and another to use it in practice effectively. It's not easy when there's no one to teach or help you.
I will not deleted this

Blood Wake

i learned from legions of evil, i would freak out every time i was loseing money and ask him how to fix it, one day i had big money and food losses and i attacked someone who was a lot bigger than me and the amount of money gained per turn went up, so kept attacking the guy without getting land. and then i was getting $3,000,000 a turn but i didnt realise that it was because i was loseing so many troops

h

Abby The Rat

I feel odd now......

I've learnt for myself and haven't made those mistakes and what I've learnt at the same time, I've passed on to other people. In the first age. I knew more then most people. Because the game was so new. However as the game grew older people learnt more...
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]