Meeting in '04

Started by Aden, July 29, 2003, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aden

We could get at least a few of the committee members together in Chicago next summer to discuss RedCon and to scout for or maybe even book a location. The only planning we'll have to do is to get rooms in the same hotel on the same days. It doesn't seem too hard.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

calria

Hmmm... I'll be there if others are. Luckily I have grandparents in Ohio who I'll be visiting at some point, so it's not too far from there.

Randag

I'm thinking that we may have to book well in advance, at least nine months. First we need a possible head count, and then we decide how many room may be needed. Because hotels or that resort will probably be very busy next Summer/Autumn by booking in advance we will have greater luck with getting the rooms, we don't want some people to be roomless.
Walk With Pride, Protect Like The Night!
Harness Your Potential, Regret Nothing!

"Ash nazg durbatul?k, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatul?k, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"

RedCon-Forums--- AK_f00 ---RedCon-Website
Destined For Greatness, But Pacing Myself!
You Know Me! You Just Don't Know It Yet!

Blackeyes

We'll have around 4-5 people per room.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Abby The Rat

Add me to the head count.

Just put me as very likely if money could be made. If anything, I could be able to do the planning here for people who living in England wishing to go to RedCon.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Randag

That's very nice of you Ad, and very helpful

When we get a location and date, etc, If you could find out travel costs, e.g. a plane from Heathrow to Chicago, and other such information. That would be great.  
Walk With Pride, Protect Like The Night!
Harness Your Potential, Regret Nothing!

"Ash nazg durbatul?k, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatul?k, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"

RedCon-Forums--- AK_f00 ---RedCon-Website
Destined For Greatness, But Pacing Myself!
You Know Me! You Just Don't Know It Yet!

Bracken

If it's in Chicago, I'll probably be taking a plane... but, if per chance I decide to take a road trip, and I'mn going to the UO or UND of any other western college that I'm currently looking at, I'll be able to take northwestern peeps there with me.

Aden

Let's try to stay on topic and talk about a meeting in 2004, if it's possible. Overall planning for this meeting will be pretty easy, since it will only involve getting a hotel, but individuals will need to get money for transportation and the hotel room costs. I'm thinking that this meeting can also involve touring the city and having fun together, so the meeting won't be too boring, hopefully. More bang for the buck.

RedCon

calria

*snerks* I'm here for Southern transport...

If we're going to do LAN games, we need to find out about computers/how we're going to get them/who's going to bring them, etc...

Boze (Admin)

As far as LANs go... I love them. However, most games that are fun to play over a LAN are violent to some degree. I think we want this event to be open to all age groups. If anyone can think of some good "family" games, however, I have three very capable systems I can bring, along with quite a few that can be used as servers (of course, I would need to be in driving distance of the Con).
That's me!

The Lady Shael

Can I do anything to help? I just took a visit to the site, and the more involved in RedCon I am, the better chance my parents will have to let me go. If there's any spot at all you need filled in, I'm here.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aden

The Lady Shael, I'll put you under "Other staff" for now. I'll need your email(PM to me).

RedCon

The Lady Shael

No problem, and calling me Shael is perfectly fine, as long as you don't switch any letters. ^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Dead Eye

I think you guys must realize that some of the very active members of these forums are children. 12,13,14, even some younger. I myself am only 14. The younger ones can not s[not allowed] (Note to all: I'm a fool.) together money. So you really should not worry about age...it will mostly be older people. I may go to the 2006 one...got to make money. I may have a car by then too...ROAD TRIP!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Aden

Yeah, younger people(under 16, and some older ones too!) may have a hard time getting to any meeting we might have, but if you're very interested in helping RedCon, join the staff, and if you can't attend a meeting(if we have one) in Chicago in 2004, we'll just fill you in on what we decided.

RedCon