Use of "The"

Started by Abby The Rat, July 26, 2003, 07:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

In keeping with te rules, Raine have found te word "te" offense.  "It's sacreligious & offends & mocks my religion." What ever his Religion is. I have to ban it.

Therefore, "te" is banned from now on. If you wish to use Te, just put Te.

This is not a Joke. Raine found this Offenives.

[edit, Sorry I got names mixed up]
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

The Lady Shael

*sigh* You're going too far with your admin powers already, Ad, and you've only just begun. That's sort of like Boze's command prohibiting te use of nouns....*sigh* At least this one is more lenient.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Abby The Rat

I'm in a debate with Raine and I'm just trying to prove a point.

Vengerak

:rolleyes:

It was me, actually. & it's only offensive when heathens use it. I can use it if I want, as I am a Believer.

The Lady Shael

Aha, I see. You naughty Raine...

[EDIT] You must both be on MSN...

[a second edit] Whoohoo, I'm a psychic...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Vengerak

By the way, you'll need to make a new account. Your name being "Ad THE Rat" & all.  

Boy. You people have some nerve, offending me, & all...

Abby The Rat

Heh, Raine is good. Too good...

However, the use of The isn't banned.

~Mutters~

Vengerak

One lengthy harranguing later:

QuoteAdam Munday/ AdTheRat/Adler Ottar/Agle Eagle says:
you do win

Let it be known: Arguing with Raine=

The Lady Shael

*rolls eyes* I'll say.

^_^

Abby The Rat

Heh, I kinda like it...
We should do it more offen, I can only wish, I was as stubborn as you.

The Lady Shael

Look, you can argue with Raine without even realizing it:

Shael says:
Hmf.
Jack says:
Hmf?
Shael says:
You're just rambling on about things that don't have anything to do with what we're arguing about.
Jack says:
We're arguing?
Shael says:
I KNEW you were going to say that....
Shael says:
I was thinking the same thing....
Jack says:
Well, are we?
Jack says:
I hadn't realised.
Jack says:
What about?
Jack says:
You backpeddling?
Shael says:
Um, something like that.

Vengerak

Heh. Poor Shael.

Scarwake

Okay, so let me get this straight...."The" is not banned, correct?  And if it is still banned then I think this is the stupidest rule ever made by an admin.  And to Raine, what religion are you apart of that finds "the" offensive, because I'd like to go find a book and figure out where it says that...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

wolf bite

Being that this site main?s corporate headquarters is the chair Bose sits in, this is an American site and falls under the rules of the US laws and the US Constitution.  In order to be under the actions of the Constitution, there must be ?state action,? this is where the site must be excessively entangled with the government.  Because this site is fully independent of the government, the restrictions of content may not be abridged unless crossing the lines of violating a federal law.  Thus, the 1st Amendment does not apply to this site.

In English, the owners and managers do not have to bend to anyone?s religious beliefs (no matter how ridicules they claim they are).  There is NO free speech here. All restrictions on use, content, and conduct may be made without concern.  The administrators may draw their restrictive lines at ay point they want.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruatine

*rolls in laughter*

I know from where Raine is coming. Let it be known that I don't agree with the argument, although I do see his point.

*goes off into a fit of snickering*
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart