Time for a reset

Started by wolf bite, July 19, 2003, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I quit because of slayer.  I could do nothing after my highest hope (Eretor) went out.  I say that we should give it to the slayer peeps.  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Ragefur

OK, I do NOT think that a reset is needed, and for this reason: Nobody has won yet. If a member of Slayer went Rogue and actually WON the game, then I might be in favour of it. But as it is, the game can still be won, and tehrefore is not over.

An Extremely Rare Message From Ragefur
Highest Rank: 1
8th player ever.

Xenocide

That is a stupid reason not to reset the game.  Slayer has won.  The clan has won.  The clan is not going to disband.  They have been together most of the game, and I believe will stay together as long as this game exists.

By stating that only if a Slayer player went Rogue and killed all his former clansmates would the game be reset is not only stupid, but it attempts to encourage members of slayer to betray each other.  I suppose it is possible, but Slayer members have been carefully selected baced on friendship and loyalty.

If you plan to wait until one slayer member betrays the rest before reseting the game, I fear it shall not be reset for a very long time.

Besides, Each slayer member is very strong.  If a member did chose to try and take over the game, the rest of slayer would crush him, like we have any other opposition.  I do not believe any slayer member would betray their clan, but if they did, they would not be able to combat the combined forces of the rest of their clan.

If you want the game to continue, fine.  But don't put the condition on it that a Slayer player must go Rogue and take over the game... because it will not happen.

Slayer will not disband, but the game is losing players because Slayer is too strong.  Many of those who remain have given up hope of reaching the top 10.  For the good of the game, and the good of the players, it should be reset.  Give everyone a hope to become emperor.  Right now, most have given up.
"You call that a knife? THIS is a knife."
"That's not a knife, that's a spoon."
"Alright, alright, you win. I see you've played knifey-spooney before."

wolf bite

Hey! I was going to say that.   Hehe.

In the past, people joined clans for the protection of that clan until they were big enough to take over their own clan.  We have a bunch of people that want the "clan" to win. Can't we just say that "team work" won?  Is that not why we have clans?

Lets look at the facts: I have more net worth then all players put together.  I have 5 times the net of all non-slayer members put together.  Rahl has 2.5 times the net of all non Slayer players.  Rahl and I will NOT leave the clan.  So even if the very unlikly event of a Slayer member attacking us, my 200 billion cash (that is $200,000,000,000) will put them down in short work if I have even 1 acre left.  If 20 players put all their armies togather, they could make a run against us, it may be fun for a short time, but it will be short lived.  Even if I ened up with 20,000 acres of land and other members of Slayer got the land from the guy that attacked, I could buy out my mercs 5 times and have an army that could not be broke even if I did not play for a month.  This is not even talking about the combined force of Slayer retaling on the person(s).

The game is over, Slayer won! Lets start a new game before people start leaving.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Vengerak

Personally, I'm just adverse to resets. The upcoming Turbo reset should be enough for now. We should just hold out for the Expansion thingy. Otherwise the Fourth Age could end up being really short & annoying.

& a not-so-busy Regular Server isn't so bad, right now. Warlords can really eat up social time, 'specially in summer.

Ashyra Nightwing

Did you know...
The Third Age we are in now is actually the Fourth Age. The Third Age lasted for about ten minutes. It was when Nevada signed up while Retto was resetting, and he had to reset it again...

Blackeyes

Lol, thanks for the facts Immy. Lol. Well I voted yes.  After I stole 8 billion dollars from windclaw the mighty(windhounds brother) I was creamed by him and timberwolves down to 177 acres. Not wanting a slayer to have the satisfaction of killing me. I killed myself. It's no fun without a fair chance.

Reset the Game!!!
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

windhound

Reset!
*nods*
yiss, a reset is needed...  slayer will allow none to keep more than 15,000 acers for any period of time...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Cindarin

Did you say anyone? Hehe... I am very much against that statement... unless... salyer has changed the past few months of my absence thanks to our friend Josh (TarsonisIV). I do know he lives near me and if I knew where his house was I would walk there and... lets just say I would get my revenge -.-
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

The Lady Shael

Cindarin: Just posting to say, that's a GREAT picture of Legolas there in your signature...*isn't really a huge Legolas/Orlando Bloom fan, but does have a Legolas action figure on her dresser*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Xenocide

It is true, Slayer isn't allowing anyone to get hardly any land.  There is no chance for anyone.  Reset the game.
"You call that a knife? THIS is a knife."
"That's not a knife, that's a spoon."
"Alright, alright, you win. I see you've played knifey-spooney before."

Scarwake

Reset!  *chants* A reset is needed, because many are already getting bored of RWL, myself is starting to become one of them...I could name off a few, but I'll let them do that for themselves.

RESET
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Peace Alliance

Quote from: CindarinDid you say anyone? Hehe... I am very much against that statement... unless... salyer has changed the past few months of my absence thanks to our friend Josh (TarsonisIV). I do know he lives near me and if I knew where his house was I would walk there and... lets just say I would get my revenge -.-
Heh, sorry my friend, but josh would kick your behind... All i ever remember him doing in school was fighting. And i've never seen you raise a fist.

I hate violence.

BTW, i just got off vacation... I wasn't in much of a hurry, theres not much point in playing. I'm too loyal to turn on slayer, so all i have to do now is farm and stuff.

Urran Voh

I say "yes".  The vote is 22 (yes)-7 (no).  I think I know what the people want....
I only log into this name when my Badrang name takes too long to log in.  (Sorry if this doesn't make sense...)

Blackeyes

Alright. Heres an idea. We all just don't play til the expansion is done. Once this has happened we all sign up. Lol *Laughs at stupid plan*
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....