RWLCon

Started by Abby The Rat, July 16, 2003, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodrath

If I could point out something for you American's. If you came to Canada, let me just say, you will have a lot of extra money in your pockets. Our currency is pretty low and not worth that much. Example. As of right now, say you brought $100 to Canada for the trip or whatever. As of right now, you $100 American is worth $137.88. So, basically you almost have 40 morebucks in your pocket. If I and other Canadians were to come to the States with $100 Canadian dollars, it is only worth $72.53. So, basically, if you American's come to Canada, you get a lot more for your money. Just pointing it out.

Aden

Well, the prices in the two countries aren't the same, plus the taxes in Canada are higher than in the US. Prices might be a little cheaper if you make the prices equivalent, but not by much.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Bloodrath

Yes, we do have a higher tax rate, but still, you will be saving in the end. If we have a lot of American's coming over, getting into hotel's and such, you will save money in bulk or large numbers, and so basically everyone saves. For Candians to come over to the States in a hotel, you have to fork over a lot of money, even though the tax is cheeper.

Scarwake

O.o You've got another point Bloodrath, see I wasn't even thinking much about taxes or currency rates.  *grins* Ad would have quite a bit of money after changing currencies in Canada, but that's besides the point...
I suggest that we figure out where we're having this at and keep it there, because otherwise we'll be stuck on figuring out where to have it when its time to have it!
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

calria

We also have to figure though that it's going to cost more for travel for whoever has to go to another country... but I agree with Toggie- we need to find out where it is going to be, and book now, because the longer away it is, the cheaper it will be.

Mark

Quote from: BloodrathIf I could point out something for you American's. If you came to Canada, let me just say, you will have a lot of extra money in your pockets. Our currency is pretty low and not worth that much. Example. As of right now, say you brought $100 to Canada for the trip or whatever. As of right now, you $100 American is worth $137.88. So, basically you almost have 40 morebucks in your pocket. If I and other Canadians were to come to the States with $100 Canadian dollars, it is only worth $72.53. So, basically, if you American's come to Canada, you get a lot more for your money. Just pointing it out.
Ah, another valiant point by his royal bloodyness (no offence) , and, of course, yet another good reason to come to Canada.    
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Scarwake

Oh just so you know who Toggie is incase your confused because he's never posted here before that would be me!!  That's another one of my nicknames that was made by my cousin.

Okay, so Where Are We Having it???!?!
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Blackeyes

Toronto, or Whitby.(Whitby is were I live now. I will be attending high school here when we are holding this convention.)
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Scarwake

Are you sure, that is where we are having it??? *looks around trying to cause chaos*  Does everyone else agree with this then???  *evil parents are gonna end up coming if he goes to Canada, because they're weird and say "You can't go alone."  Blah*
Emperor of

In-Character Album

The Lady Shael

*same here* My parents would never let me go along, and my sis is probably going to end up coming too.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

Hmmm... I'll probably end up bringing my youngest cousin, then, since he used to play and that way I won't get eaten by you guys when you all turn out to be evil blobs from planet Zed... well, not by myself, anyway... he'll be a senior/junior in HS by then... *dies*

Blackeyes

Hmmm. OK. But if you can't make it because of age or family issues. Then just tell us on here. And we'll try to help.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Scarwake

Okay, destination is Whitby/Toronto, Canada!  Next question; WHEN will we have it??
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Holby

Quote from: BlackeyesHmmm. OK. But if you can't make it because of age or family issues. Then just tell us on here. And we'll try to help.
It's all good and well to say that, but is a 14 yeard old boy, possibly from another continent or country able to convince parents, or help you legally?
Nope. I appreciate you're trying to do as much as you can to help, but you have to have a sensible head on your shoulders.
I will not deleted this

The Beatles

Here's an idea.
By 2005, everybody gets DSL/cable and a 19" monitor.
Then we rent a videoconferencing broadband server for a week, and hold it over the Internet.
Saves a lot of expenses, and food.

No, hold it, even simpler and cheaper solution:
Let's just start an AIM chat called RWL and everybody come at a certain time. Or even simpler. Let's just use AIM and occasionally ...
*THONK*

*falls over*