RWLCon

Started by Abby The Rat, July 16, 2003, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

I totally agree. There is nothing indicating that the forum will just stop and we'll all leave... Maybe we could do it in like a year though? just to be safe, lol. plus i am anxious already

Holby

Just because one place stuck around doesn't mean another will. However, I was assured the future of RWL was up to its members, and it seems we're going rather well in keeping together.
All the same, just because we've done alright so far doesn't mean we will continue to do so. There is nothing  to say we won't stick together, and very little to say we will.
The popularity and size of RWL has dropped dramatically since Round 2 of regular...
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

*nods* As I said in another post, each Era seems to get increasingly boring. Mostly because the interesting people have left the game. *hides because she might be one of those people* But, like Cal said, there's bound to be some people here. Look at Stormy and Retto, and most of the RFF people, they've been around on the ROC for quite a long time.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Blackeyes

Hey, I've been gopne for awhile now. Hows it going so far? Is there anyone here willing to sum it all up?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Boze (Admin)

I think there might be a solution to all of this.

I live in Memphis, Tennessee (I think that is a centralized location, as it is driving distance fro quite a few of you). Anyways, there is an annual Nerd... er... Science Convention in my town. I know that they would sponsor us. Plus, a LAN party goes on at the same time (the ONLY reason I go). There is also a great deal of role-playing, movie watching, and magic playing. I must admit thoug, seeing fourty-year-old men dressed up as level 99 ogre mages is frightening to say the least. This would solve most of the legal and financial issuses (as they would take care of that). Most towns have an event like this, so look into it. Renting a convention center, hotel ball room, etc, costs a great deal of money (at least $1000 USD a night). This is the website: midsouthcon.org A Stormtrooper regiment also visits (isn't that reason enough!?). I suppose "Mom, I want to go to Canada to meet some complete strangers I met over the internet" sounds a lot better than "Mom, I want to go to THE DEEP SOUTH to meet some complete strangers I met over the internet". The things you see on TV about Memphis being full of idiots isn't all true. I think we might have some of the stupidest and the most brilliant people in the world. Probably not. Just food for thought. Mmm... food.

Shael, Calria, and a some others live a few states away, right? Someone said they lived in Mississippi, but I forgot who it was.
That's me!

Mark

I live in NB, Canada.  That's only abouty 12 hours of driving...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Dixie Ros?

Man...That is cool. I want to go!

user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Mark

Boze is right.  Sponsors is the only way to go but who would want to sponsor a group that he has no proof that even exists.  

user posted image

wolf bite

Having set some up these thing up in the past, it is not that hard.  It all depends how many people you have that will take rooms.  Here is how they work it. you find a hotel that has few other things going on, during the week days is best.  Then make a deal for a "block" of rooms, say about 20. They give you 20% off on those rooms if you call and say you are with the RWL group when each person calls in.  Then if 3/4 of the rooms are acutaly taken as we told them they would be, they give you a meeting room free based of the size of the number of people you have.

It is just a matter of finding some hotel that has low vacancy in their off season, and dealing with them.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Blackeyes

Well that is definently a good idea. I will be contacting hotels soon possibly.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

calria

Oooooo....
I think we should go with Boze's idea. That would rock!

Scarwake

I agree with Boze and Wolf bite.  I think that Memphis would be a much better place to have it than in Canada, no offense, but Canada would mean much more hassle for most of the RWL population with getting parental consent and all that.  I'm not quite sure how long of a drive that would be for me, but it wouldn't be that long since I live in Indiana, only about 8 or 9 if that.  It could be less than that, but I doubt it.
Hmm...Next year, I dunno though.  As long as it isn't in the first weeks of July I'm good because I might be going to California, but I dunno there was talk of us meeting the other people in Las Vegas and supposedly "No Kids" even at the age of 16 would be allowed, so blah!  If that was the case then I'd stay here and go down to Memphis during that time frame.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Mark

Quote from: ScarwakeI agree with Boze and Wolf bite.  I think that Memphis would be a much better place to have it than in Canada, no offense, but Canada would mean much more hassle for most of the RWL population with getting parental consent and all that.  I'm not quite sure how long of a drive that would be for me, but it wouldn't be that long since I live in Indiana, only about 8 or 9 if that.  It could be less than that, but I doubt it.
Hmm...Next year, I dunno though.  As long as it isn't in the first weeks of July I'm good because I might be going to California, but I dunno there was talk of us meeting the other people in Las Vegas and supposedly "No Kids" even at the age of 16 would be allowed, so blah!  If that was the case then I'd stay here and go down to Memphis during that time frame.
Canada would be much safer.  In the U.S. there all kinds of all-Kieta (sp), because of old bush and his amy he sent into there country.  Even though Canada is out of the way for most people it would be safer.  I mean Canada is not a target, well the U.S. is on the top of the list.  People might simply think that the terrorist think is all over, but Bin Laden is still alive and as long as he lives he will try to get at the U.S.

user posted image

Scarwake

I didn't say anything about Canada not being safe, I just said it'd be easier access to have it in Memphis for most of the RWL population.  And I guess this whole thing would be March 26-28 of 2004 if we were to have one next year and at Memphis.  There is also a registration fee thing that would have to be paid and I'm not quite sure how that would work...And the LAN party would have to bring their own computers to play for a LAN game.  I'm not quite sure how we'd go around doing all this with registration and what not, but someone needs to look in to this stuff if we're doing this.  Also on Terrouge forums they'd heard of news that we where doing this and they'd wondered about combining both events, but they're wanting to have their Redcon in 2006, so....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Peace Alliance

Ummm... If you do the convension during the summer, i would have to make sure my week off is the same week as the event... But if you have it in the deep south, I would hardly even be able to get there and back within a week. It would never work. I don't like the idea.