RWLCon

Started by Abby The Rat, July 16, 2003, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I told my mom, and she just said, "Uh oh." I'm still trying to figure out what it means though...I should be able to go though, of course, my parents and sister will probably come along.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Abby The Rat

Quote from: Peace AllianceAd, are you travelling all the way to canada just for this??
I will hope so.. I plan to leave for it a fair time before and give myself a good bus and pick up a few of you, doing this should lower the cost of travels..

Like so many of you say, anything could happen.

I can remember a lot you here that have been here since the Beginning RWL life.

Remember, once a RWLer, always a RWLer. So people who have been her before, like Klamath, they are welcome.

Right now
It Money Saving Time
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

bjornredtail

Used 1964 Cessnia 172 Skyhawk: $32,000
2x Large tarps: $50

That ought to take care of both travel and accomadations... for anone willing to sleep out on the ramp!

0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

calria

Hmmm... Those of you pointing out the problems with this plan do have some very valid points, but... shoo, think about it- most of us who are in on this topic have been here for more than a few months, and many since RWL started. Anyway, I personally am devoted so seeing it happen just because other online communities I've been in have talked about doing this sort of thing, and either I was too young to do it (once they required that you be 18 to go with them on the cruise they were taking)  or it never materialized. Anyone who doesn't want to go or thinks it's too much trouble doesn't have to you know... but anyone who wants to come, I'll do what I can to get you there.

Somehow, I doubt very much that any of us are going to suddenly get married... do many of us even have real  boyfriends/girlfriends? I don't think so... otherwise we'd have lives and get off the internet occasionally lol

(I apologize if the typing on here is horrid... IE is trying to crash and not letting me see what I type... grrrr....)

The Lady Shael

*applauds* Not really, that's a good job, my typing is horrible when I can't see it.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: HolbyATM, I don't think that it's really a major issue, when you have so much to organise.

I know I couldn't make it there, so that's a pity. I unfortunately have a sceptical (sp?) view of most things kids try to organise, and that's just one of many reasons I couldn't go. I've seen plans fall made by young adults, so have little hope this will work, either.

Just a few reasons...

1. I know a fair few of us will be legally adults by the time of the convention, but many won't. This means parent/guardian consent and strong reliance on their support.

2. Money. Some will have to rely /again/ on their parents here, and I don't believe they'll want to dish out hundreds of dollars (thousands for me!) just for a trip to meet some strangers you know over the internet. :blink:

3. There are players of RWL from all over the world. Canada isn't exactly a short walk away, and the majority of players live in the US, anyway.
I don't think Cal will be able to pick me up from across the sea.

4.Safety. I don't know about you lot, but I think my parents would be more than a little worried if I went off to meet some supposed teenagers in Canada I had never met. It sounds a little weird...

5. What to do there? Playing RWL won't last long enough to be interesting for the duration, and nervousness at meeting new people and awkward silences are not my cup of tea.

6. Who knows whether RWL will be around by that time? Who will still be interested? There are many factors that can change your answer to this question over two years.

P.S. how long will this convension be?
The good side of things:

1. Like wolf bite said, there are plenty of adults qualified to take care of us...

2. I quick road trip and couple nights in a hotel... Not a life savings. Besides, we are not strangers! we're a community!

3. I think i can fiind over 15 people who play and live in ontario!

4. Its not like we met in an "are you lonely" chat room. We all met over a game... we have no reason to lie about who we are... everyone here knows each other well enough i think.

5. Watch some movies, talk... talk... i don't think it would be that bad. I'm a hoot at partys!! lol, and i can bring some of my RWL playin frinds too.

6. Everyone who is interested, has been here for a long time. I have no doubt that we wont up and leave for no reason... I doubt we'd leave even if they took the game and forum away, we'd start our own forum!

Holby

Quote from: Peace AllianceThe good side of things:

1. Like wolf bite said, there are plenty of adults qualified to take care of us...

2. I quick road trip and couple nights in a hotel... Not a life savings. Besides, we are not strangers! we're a community!

3. I think i can fiind over 15 people who play and live in ontario!

4. Its not like we met in an "are you lonely" chat room. We all met over a game... we have no reason to lie about who we are... everyone here knows each other well enough i think.

5. Watch some movies, talk... talk... i don't think it would be that bad. I'm a hoot at partys!! lol, and i can bring some of my RWL playin frinds too.

6. Everyone who is interested, has been here for a long time. I have no doubt that we wont up and leave for no reason... I doubt we'd leave even if they took the game and forum away, we'd start our own forum!
1. I was referring to your own parent/guardian. Someone else can't consent to your going and help to get you organised in terms of money, food, accomodation, etc. I'm talking as if the majority of us will be under 18 by this time, which I believe is correct.

2. It may not be a life savings, but it's not a trip to the icecream parlour either. You also forget that not everyone lives in easy reach of Canada or the US, there are players from all over the world who would want to come.
We are a community, I realise that, but how much do we /really/ know about each other?

3. How many people have played this game? We're not talking double digits, we're going into the thousands.

4. I don't believe that there's anyone in this place who has lied about who they are, but it may be hard to convince your parent/guardian otherwise.

5. I don't think I could bring mine ;) . And I refuse to watch a Romantic Comedy or anything involving Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler or Bill Cosby.

6. People have tried to leave this place, and some have done it successfully- despite how long they've been here. It's much easier to leave somewhere when it doesn't exist anymore. (Playing with your "RWL Death" idea. Sounds overly sad, doesn't it?)
I will not deleted this

Scarwake

I have a REAL girlfriend her name is Sam and she's played RWL before but she never caught the drift and went away until I dragged her into VI!!  And we live in different towns so we don't get to see each other much so, nah!! I'm not getting married that early on anyways....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Mark

Quote from: Ad The Rat
Quote from: Peace AllianceAd, are you travelling all the way to canada just for this??
I will hope so.. I plan to leave for it a fair time before and give myself a good bus and pick up a few of you, doing this should lower the cost of travels..

Like so many of you say, anything could happen.

I can remember a lot you here that have been here since the Beginning RWL life.

Remember, once a RWLer, always a RWLer. So people who have been her before, like Klamath, they are welcome.

Right now
It Money Saving Time
I hope to be one of those peeps :D  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Holby1. I was referring to your own parent/guardian. Someone else can't consent to your going and help to get you organised in terms of money, food, accomodation, etc. I'm talking as if the majority of us will be under 18 by this time, which I believe is correct.

2. It may not be a life savings, but it's not a trip to the icecream parlour either. You also forget that not everyone lives in easy reach of Canada or the US, there are players from all over the world who would want to come.
We are a community, I realise that, but how much do we /really/ know about each other?

3. How many people have played this game? We're not talking double digits, we're going into the thousands.

4. I don't believe that there's anyone in this place who has lied about who they are, but it may be hard to convince your parent/guardian otherwise.

5. I don't think I could bring mine ;) . And I refuse to watch a Romantic Comedy or anything involving Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler or Bill Cosby.

6. People have tried to leave this place, and some have done it successfully- despite how long they've been here. It's much easier to leave somewhere when it doesn't exist anymore. (Playing with your "RWL Death" idea. Sounds overly sad, doesn't it?)
1. I never really expected EVERYONE to be able to go to this... Obviously most of us reolize that a lot of us will be able to make it. In fact, I'm sure the only people who will be able to make it are the really close ones who are always here and who know almost everyone.

2. Like I said, not everyone will be able to make it. That doesn't mean it shouldn't/wouldn't happen at all.

3. ... ok, but i'm just saying, there are a number of us near ontario. And how many people are we expecting? like.... 30 to 50  maybe not that many. that means 15 is probably a big number to live near the area.

4. We could... have a death race!!! Bring it on! i have a 98 grand caravan that will RULE YOU!

6. That are the chances of all of us leaving?? Very unlikely if you ask me. Very...

Holby

Quote from: Peace Alliance1. I never really expected EVERYONE to be able to go to this... Obviously most of us reolize that a lot of us will be able to make it. In fact, I'm sure the only people who will be able to make it are the really close ones who are always here and who know almost everyone.

2. Like I said, not everyone will be able to make it. That doesn't mean it shouldn't/wouldn't happen at all.

3. ... ok, but i'm just saying, there are a number of us near ontario. And how many people are we expecting? like.... 30 to 50  maybe not that many. that means 15 is probably a big number to live near the area.

4. We could... have a death race!!! Bring it on! i have a 98 grand caravan that will RULE YOU!

6. That are the chances of all of us leaving?? Very unlikely if you ask me. Very...
1. Being close to the people on the forums and a tight-knit group doesn't mean you can convince parents/guardian to let you come. But those who are legally old enough can't be stopped if they really want to go. Again, the majority might not be able to make it.

2. No, it doesn't. But if the /majority/ can't make it, it shouldn't happen- too much expense. I'm interested in knowing how many actually can...

3. Wasn't it said that anyone who ever played this game was invited?
And the majority of those players would live in the US, right? So it would be a more convenient place. And even if you think you're expecting 50, you can't start counting yet, especially because you said the majrity would come...

4. That was relevant for what reason?

6. You really know where you'll be in two years? It's not hard to lose your love for something over that time.
I will not deleted this

Deathclaw

If you get a bus like you said, Ad, you can swing by Texas and pick up me, Cal, and a friend I have that plays. *shrugs*

Accomodation Idea: Set up some tents! I'm for it, hehe.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Peace Alliance

YEAH! i have like... 2 tents and a tent trailor... we could rent a field!

bjornredtail

Or better yet, a hangar. Find some civel avation people who would be willing to go flying for a week, and allow you to rent a hangar.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

calria

*ahem*

I can state with some authority on the matter that yes, we will probably still be here in two years... or at least some of us will be.
Want to know how I know?
For over four years now I have been a member of www.thesitefights.com. True, many of the people who were there when I was have left, but there are people who have stayed for well over six years now. The level of participation there is nothing like what it is here, and for the most part the relationships between members aren't near so involved. Won't these factors make it more likely that we'll... "stay together," as it were?

*looks around the room severely*
I resteth my caseth.