RWLCon

Started by Abby The Rat, July 16, 2003, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackeyes

Guys, guys, guys,(and girls). We can't be having like a bunch of people form the ROC coming. I planned it just for us from the forums. It will cost an awful lot for the hotel rooms. And me and Ad just planned on having like 2-3 rooms. And everybody brings a sleeping bag and stuff.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Vengerak

Well, I'd have to get a plane over & then find my way to...wherever...& we might all end up hating each other or it being really awkward...

But, for the financial impossibilites alone, I almost certainly won't be able to come along. Sorry!

The Lady Shael

*pulls Raine into the conversation* We won't hate you, I promise. And if you save enough money, you should be able to go. At least TRY to get to it.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Scarwake

Well, like I said Aqualis I could come get you, I'll be 17 and I will have my Suv next year when I'm 16.  Calantorntian plays here don't she or does she just do VI?  If so she'd be able to make some profit to afford her journey because she already sells Redwall T-shirts!
*grins* I was planning on taking up donations for a few of my sites anyways that way I could get a better server or computer to keep the sites up to date and running smoother, I could always do it for RWLcon to help pay for gas and accomodations for whomever can and could come with me on my newest site; FI Productions afterall it will have a RWL type game.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: calriaWe should sell tee-shirts. Chattie Chat Chat does that, and buttons, as well. *cackles* merchandising...
Cally already sells tee-shirts! We could bring her along to sell them for us...

I'll be 16/15 then, so I may be able to come...

Mark

I was talkin' to my dad 'bout this yesterday and he brought up a very interesting piont:

How many people are going to be here in two years?  I mean the averge
person stays 'bout 1-2 months...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Ruatine

Hmm... this is interesting to say the least. It'll be cool if it actually happens. I'll be 19 almost 20 if the convention is held 2 summers from now. I have no idea where I'll be in 2 years though. Exactly where are you planning on holding this convention?
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

The Lady Shael

It's in Toronto. I'll be 16...I don't doubt I'll still be here though, I've never really been able to leave this place....
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Blackeyes

You bring up a good point Mark. I was thinking that aswell. And I figure if everyone here just stays on, I mean you don't even have to post or play. Just keeps watching here. We may be able to get people together.

And another thing I would like to bring up is, what if some of us are married. I mean. My mom was first married when she was 18. Some of us could be married now with there age. So, what are we going to do about that ?  

Holby

ATM, I don't think that it's really a major issue, when you have so much to organise.

I know I couldn't make it there, so that's a pity. I unfortunately have a sceptical (sp?) view of most things kids try to organise, and that's just one of many reasons I couldn't go. I've seen plans fall made by young adults, so have little hope this will work, either.

Just a few reasons...

1. I know a fair few of us will be legally adults by the time of the convention, but many won't. This means parent/guardian consent and strong reliance on their support.

2. Money. Some will have to rely /again/ on their parents here, and I don't believe they'll want to dish out hundreds of dollars (thousands for me!) just for a trip to meet some strangers you know over the internet. :blink:

3. There are players of RWL from all over the world. Canada isn't exactly a short walk away, and the majority of players live in the US, anyway.
I don't think Cal will be able to pick me up from across the sea.

4.Safety. I don't know about you lot, but I think my parents would be more than a little worried if I went off to meet some supposed teenagers in Canada I had never met. It sounds a little weird...

5. What to do there? Playing RWL won't last long enough to be interesting for the duration, and nervousness at meeting new people and awkward silences are not my cup of tea.

6. Who knows whether RWL will be around by that time? Who will still be interested? There are many factors that can change your answer to this question over two years.
I will not deleted this

Blackeyes

Hey, I'm no the only one organising it. Ad is with me aswell. And he's not a kid. He's an adult.

Scarwake

I asked my mom about it yesterday just to see what she'd say and what does she say, the most irritating thing I've ever heard her say that would annoy anyone that would be the age of 17 in 2yrs.; "You can't go by yourself!"
O.o Annoying she is...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Kenny Boy

Ha Ha, ask some friends to come with you and see what she says!
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

wolf bite

Holby is right that you are talking about something that may happen 2 years from now.  There may be a lot of new people on this forum by then, and others may be gone by then.

It is a lot of money (like most of your college funds) to go to this meeting. So think wisely about it.

As far as parental consent, when and if this happened, I have the credentials as a chaperon that any parent would approve.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Blackeyes

Holbs, i've thouhgt about almost all of those for some people. I understand it will be akward. But just think, all those people that have bee your friends for like almopst a year. Now you can finnaly meet them. It's sort of exciting isnt it?