What a wast of my turns!!

Started by Peace Alliance, July 12, 2003, 01:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

I had 20k acres of land, i spent like 400 turns with 100% huts to get 2 mil leaders and therefor not be making anymore leaders. i wanted the most perfect leader to hut ratio ever, so i get out the calculators, the MAXIMUM one hut can hold is 175 leaders, so i took my leaders and devided by 175. that tells me the minumum amount of huts i need. then i took my huts and subtracted the minumum huts. in an equation it would look like this:

my huts - (my leaders/175) = the amount i can demolish.

so then i demolished that amoung. i loose 100 thousand leaders!!!!!

so i do the calculation again, this time i demolished one less hut then my outcome, that way i would have 1 extra hut. i STILL lost 100 thousand leaders!!!!! NOW i was mad! so i did the calculation about 5 more times subtracting more and more each time, by the end i was subtracting 50!!! and i still lost leaders!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone explain this????

RazorClaw

You lost 100 million? Sheesh, Xenocide wasn't exagerating (sp?) when he said you had a ton of leaders. In fact, that was about the biggest understatement I've ever heard.

wolf bite

You have

Try:
my leaders / 175 (round up) + 1% - my huts = the amount I can demolish.

It is about the same thing, but it works for me.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

THANKS! you've always been smarter at the math of this game then me

calria

Quote from: Peace AllianceI had 20k acres of land, i spent like 400 turns with 100% huts to get 2 mil leaders and therefor not be making anymore leaders. i wanted the most perfect leader to hut ratio ever, so i get out the calculators, the MAXIMUM one hut can hold is 175 leaders, so i took my leaders and devided by 175. that tells me the minumum amount of huts i need. then i took my huts and subtracted the minumum huts. in an equation it would look like this:

so then i demolished that amoung. i loose 100 thousand leaders!!!!!

so i do the calculation again, this time i demolished one less hut then my outcome, that way i would have 1 extra hut. i STILL lost 100 thousand leaders!!!!! NOW i was mad! so i did the calculation about 5 more times subtracting more and more each time, by the end i was subtracting 50!!! and i still lost leaders!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone explain this????
Peace, watch your stuff, won't you? You're one of the greater players... start posting like it for goodness sakes...

I had 20k acres of land; I spent like 400 turns with 100% huts to get 2 mil leaders, and, therefore, not be making anymore leaders. I wanted the most perfect leader to hut ratio ever, so I got out the calculators. The MAXIMUM one hut can hold is 175 leaders, so I took my leaders and divided by 175. This tells me the minumum amount of huts I need. Then, I took my huts and subtracted the minumum number of huts. In an equation, it would look like this:

my huts - (my leaders/175) = the amount that I can demolish.

So, then I demolished that amount. I lost 100 thousand leaders!

So, I did the calculation again. This time I demolished one less hut than my outcome: that way I would have 1 extra hut. I STILL lost 100 thousand leaders! Now, I was mad! So I did the calculation about 5 more times, subtracting more and more each time, and by the end I was subtracting 50, and I still lost leaders! Can anyone explain this?

I feel for you on the leader thing, though. That's why I stick more with troops, and abandoned the leader strat. to more intelligent people, like Holbs, who can pull it off somehow. I still don't get it, though.

Peace Alliance

QuotePeace, watch your stuff, won't you? You're one of the greater players... start posting like it for goodness sakes...
huh? what do you mean?

calria

Quote from: Peace Alliance
huh? what do you mean?
This is what I mean...
Huh? What do you mean?

Set an example for the kiddies.

RazorClaw

Huh? What do you mean? (Was that okay? If so, I'd like to actually like to know what you mean.)

calria

What I mean about what?
*confused*