Using correct Grammer

Started by Abby The Rat, July 08, 2003, 04:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

After many reading of post. I keep coming across, people who just doesn't care about grammer. When posting in this forums. Please post using correct grammer and spelling.

This including, spacing words, limiting use of ! and ? (I.E. What!!!!!!!!, better put What!!) and Paragraphing when talking about something new.

You'll never know when your english will come in and you'll never know, this could become a rule in the forum.

I would say, please use correct grammer, it's makes life easier to others. I do not wish to have to add rules, that could so easily be avoided by common sense.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

TR Shadow

Does this say anything?

QuoteAfter reading many post. I keep coming across (No comma) people who just don't care about grammer. When posting in this forums, please post using correct grammer and spelling.

This includes: spacing words, limiting use of ! and ? (I.E. What!!!!!!!!, better put What!!), and paragraphing when talking about something new.

You'll never know when your english will come in, and you'll never know, this could become a rule in the forums.

I would say, please use correct grammer, it(No "'s") makes life easier to others. I do not wish to have to add rules(No comma) that could so easily be avoided by common sense.

See what I mean?  If that was a rule, a bunch of people would be banned.  *Is done*

~Julie~

Bloodrath

I agree there must be some harder rules on the forum for grammar and spelling. That is why I partially left in the first place. I couldn't really stand all the garbage that was around here. Seriously, something needs to be done. If banning or gagging needs to be put into place, then so be it.

Also Julie, I know Ad makes some mistakes in his posts, but remember, he can't hear as well as us, and to my knowledge is deaf, or partially in some way. He may not be able to sounds out the words and such, and the Word programs do not always pick up on it. Though Ad does have good spelling, but sometimes he misses the grammar rules, but let me tell you, he is a lot better than most.

Ruatine

QuoteSee what I mean? If that was a rule, a bunch of people would be banned.

Of course he's not talking about people who miss a few commas or misspell a few words. He's talking about people who post like this:

QuoteI'd choose sight,I read more than I eat and sleep sometimes,i could not live without books so i choose sight no doubt.

Notice the proliferation of commas. It makes it hard to understand people when they write exactly how they think. It doesn't take much to add periods and capitals letters. It's lazy not to, and it makes your post look absolutely awful!
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Kenny Boy

Alright Ad, but what does thou propose to do so that we may act upon these culprits of the wonderful English language.

I certainly would like to see thy do something of people like the Sir Cow and that Joe fellow, for they have been the most ignorant of all!
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Almkman

If Cal would come back then we would  have less and less people using incorrect grammer and spelling.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Kenny Boy

But do you not remember that Lady Cal has returned from her state of being away.
Turbo

K Money (#25)

user posted image

RazorClaw

She's not enforcing. I'm taking that job, pretty much. Such as the use of thy. That's incorrect in your post, Kenny. Making fun of Ye Olde speech is fine, when used sparingly. You can talk intelligently in reality, I bet, so talk like you would in reality on here. You wouldn't say "i", because that would be pronounced like the "i" in "Interest".

Kenny Boy

I like to talk in the speech of the olde, for it is far superior to any other dialect, so would you shut thine mouth.
Turbo

K Money (#25)

user posted image

TS/RULES!

What about the littler kids here who don't know all the rules of grammer like everyone else here.  You guys expect everyone's grammer to be perfect.  Maybe people who type bad are young kids and you guys don't even know how old they are before you jump to conclusions.

Maybe and instead of posting what you should do you should post about how to tell when to captalise start a new paragraph and stuff like that.  

~TS/RULES!
If only I was a Mario... I could Jump on bullies, Use Yoshi to spit random fruit juices at them, and basically beat the crap out of them...

Almkman

Some people don't even use a period.You don't know where one sentence ends and another begins because they also don't use capitilazation.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Pikepaw

It is terrible.  Sometimes I can't understand what they are saying because the spelling and grammer are so bad.  It annoys me when caps are not put where they belong and how some like The Cow, don't put spaces inbetween their sentences so I just skip most of his posts.  Some people put commas instead of periods and that's messy.  I mean, the odd spelling or grammer mistake here and there isn't so bad; (I make them myself sometimes, couldn't spell the word or didn't know about the grammer rule) but when there are grammer and spelling mistakes is what the post practicly is; then that is just really bad, even for a young person, unless they are 7 or around that age.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Bloodrath

Listen, hardly anyone should be making spelling mistakes in a sense. If you have Microsoft Word or another typing program, just hit "F7" and then the spell check will pop up. True, it won't always pick up on wrong plurals and such, but the spelling of it will turn out correct. It doesn't take too long, and would really help.

Pikepaw

Good point, but most people don't take the time to even double check the spelling and grammer of their posts and just post them.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Bloodrath

Hmm, yes. People do seem to rush it, and I don't really see the point to it. Maybe they feel they have to try and cram in as many posts as possible in the allotted time they have, but that isn't really how one should go about posting.